“An excellent experience”

Ranked #49 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent experience”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

As part of a military concession for those being invested at Buckingham Palace, I stayed at The Landmark, having stayed there before. I simply cannot recommend a better, more enjoyable location where service matters and you are made to feel incredibly special. The room was amazing with every care made to make a unique event even more enjoyable. The entire experience was unforgettable and I urge you to place this excellent location as your first choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments, following your recent stay.

Firstly please allow me once again to extend our congratulations on your achievement. We are so pleased that you chose to spend such a momentous occasion with us, and I am glad that your experience here at the hotel was such a memorable one.

It is extremely rewarding, not only for me but also for the team to read such positive words from our guests, and it will absolutely be my pleasure to share yours with them. They work hard to ensure, as you say, that all our guests feel special, and at home away from home, and I am so pleased that they were able to do just that for you on such a special occasion.

I do hope that indeed we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Andrew Batchelor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My visit was for 3 nights mid December. We had a special rate S we were attending a function at the hotel. Our room was very large and on the 6th floor, with a small circular window looking onto an internal courtyard. This meant no natural light at anytime in the room and no fresh air. Very strange and unhealthy! There are a lot of negatives which I will simply list:
No ventilation in the lavatory
No dimmer switches on the lights
No power sockets on one side of the bed
No bin liners in the waste paper bins or vanity bins
No receptacle for tea bags, sugar wrappers etc
Cheap and nasty products. You needed to constantly bang the bottle on you leg or arm to get any product out!
Staff are very pleasant, sometimes a bit too chatty first thing in the morning when you just want breakfast put down!
The landmark charges £25 per head plus VAT for a continental breakfast, which is outrageous. And £18 for wifi per day. You can negate these charges if you joining their Leaders Club. This costs 150$ but does give you complimentary breakfast for 2 and free wifi so for the two of us staying for 3 days if was worth it. Plus deals at other Leading Hotels of the World, for a year. These sort of hotels have no character or personality, remember there are no outside windows, so you could be anywhere. They normally cost £400 per night. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms have very small round window and overlook internal courtyard. Rooms are, therefore...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay.

I was naturally very disappointed to learn that your experience with us was not such a memorable one, and indeed that there were several areas of our service that did not meet your expectations.

I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about these, in order that we may investigate further, and take the necessary action where appropriate. I would therefore be very grateful if you could contact me directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

I do hope to hear from you soon, and in the meantime please do accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very very expensive for what it was there are plenty of better places to stay in London for less money. Extortionate daily rate for WiFi
The plus points the staff were delightful, large bedroom and good size bathroom and nice breakfast

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback, following your recent stay with us.

Whilst I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort and space of your guest room, and that our sumptuous breakfast exceeded your expectations, I was disappointed to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with your overall stay.

We do take on board your comments regarding our pricing, and would like to share with you our approach to this. Based on our own guests’ feedback, we have chosen not to include any extras in our room rates, such as WiFi, therefore ensuring more transparency, and meaning only what is used is paid for. However, thank you for sharing your own feedback regarding this.

I do hope that we would indeed have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, to restore your faith in us.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We had a birthday to celebrate and wanted to go some where special
and this hotel was the place to be , the breakfast was so good lovely fruit teas yogurt service , they put a cake with happy birthday in my room
thank you all so much we liked the mirror bar

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on this website, following your recent stay.

It genuinely is a pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend their special occasions here, and I am delighted that we were able to help make your celebrations a success. It is very rewarding for our team to read that their efforts are appreciated, and they will be so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope your experience was a memorable one, and that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Belgium
Reviewed 4 December 2013

A great hotel, ideally located for central London. 5 mins walk from Baker St tube. We had a the twin beds in the family room over looking the main road. There was no noise coming in from the room. The room was BIG. The TV control were a little slow to respond ( felt antiqued - they need to sort their technology on that front, but it worked well enough ).
The hotel is old classic. Great bar area to eat. Only issue I had was that breakfast can be problematic. ON our first morning there was a wait for up to 25mins to eat in Pavilion. So if you want to eat there get in EARLY .. like stay over night in the pavilion in a camp bed. We had breakfast following day in the bar area ( again Pavilion was full ).
Staff were helpful and friendly.
We ate in the "gourmet" resto, the food was not what I considered to be worthy of the name of "gourmet", at a cost of some £200 for 2 adults + 2 children with wine. Your better off looking else where if you want gourmet or bar area will be of better value.
Breakfast itself is excellent with plenty of choice, but it felt a bit hectic/rushed in the bar.
The pool is good with good changing/Shower facilities.
If you want to get around London buy an oyster card ( deposit £5 ), than return it for deposit back at end of your stay.
Taxi to/form St Pancras will be about £10-12. From Harrods about £13.
Overall I would stay here again but look around, in advance, for alternative places to eat for dinner ( Covent garden has some really good restos ).

Room Tip: Family twin bed is the way to go for 2/3 night stay.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 5starholiday
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review our hotel on this website.

I was delighted to read that overall your time with us was comfortable, and that our team were able to contribute to a memorable experience. I was glad to read that you found our location to be convenient for your time with us, and that you were able to make use of our fantastic Health Club and Spa.

Whilst I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the food selection at breakfast, I was naturally disappointed that your experience in our Winter Garden did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very useful to us, as it enables us to monitor and continuously improve the service we are providing to our guests. Your comments have been passed on to our team to ensure they take the necessary action, and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Worcestershire
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night and it was a very pleasant stay. The room was very clean and spacious and was a lovely touch to have 2 sinks in the bathroom. We were even given complementary apples and water on arrival. Plenty of storage if you were planning on staying here for a few days. Very good quality hairdryer is also supplied in the room. The bed was amazing, the comfiest bed we have ever slept in, much needed after a long day walking around London.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent one night stay.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the luxury and comfort of your spacious guest room, and that the small touches contributed to an overall positive first impression. I was also pleased to read that you had such a good, restful night’s sleep, particularly after a long day in our vibrant and busy city!

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Landmark London on your next visit to the area.

Hotel Manager
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

My husband I were both impressed by the friendly non fussy service provided by all staff, they took time to show us round the huge hotel and make sure we were comfortable. It was my birthday and they had kindly provided some birthday cards and a lovely cake! Nice touch. The bar downstairs by the health club was really informal and comfy. Bed was huge and room was perfect. Definitely recommend if you want to stay in Maryleborne or nearby.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.

It is always a pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend their special occasions here, and I am delighted that your birthday celebrations were a success. In particular, I was happy to read that you were given a warm welcome and orientation of the hotel, and that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious guest room.

I am glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our twotwentytwo bar and restaurant, and that overall your stay was a memorable one.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you both back to The Landmark London, indeed perhaps for another special occasion.

Hotel Manager