“Special and very elegant hotel, great service & facilities”

The Landmark London
Ranked #49 of 1,067 Hotels in London
liverpool
“Special and very elegant hotel, great service & facilities”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Visiually quite stunning inside, gorgeous decor even better with amazing xmas tree. Very welcoming staff and helpful and very charming. This hotel is caverous almost and kept getting lost trying to get to various bars, which were all open at different times of day. Rooms are massive, we upgraded at check in when offered for £30 but it wasn't needed really, rooms fresh and elegant, huge bed and tv and turn down service. Location is great, near to Marylebone High St which is lovely and great walking distance to Oxford St etc. Bars are really lovely, again elegant and trendy and cosy. I really liked this hotel, great price at £255 worth every penny. Only downside is hidden charges for use of pool (£10 p.p!!!) and some bar items and breakfast and tray charges are extremely and confusingly expensive which is why it only got 4 stars, not told at reception re the the pool charges or about breakfast service which was strange. Generally though I really recommend, lovely area of London and brill staff. Would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't need an upgrade for better room with a walk in shower, the walk in shower was ok but only...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your feedback of your recent visit.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and that our spectacular Christmas tree was already up for your stay – a sight to behold I am sure you will agree! I am glad that you found our rooms to be comfortable, and our location to be convenient for your stay. Moreover, I was genuinely happy to read that our team were able to contribute to a comfortable and memorable experience. They all work hard to ensure our guests feel at home away from home each and every time they visit, and I am pleased that they were able to do just that for you.

Thank you also for your comments regarding our bars and restaurants, which I will be sure to pass on to our teams.

I am sorry, however, that our prices for our Health Club and Spa did not meet your expectations. We have chosen not to include the cost of such extras in our room rates, so as to ensure our guests only pay for what they actually use. I do apologise, however, if you feel that the communication regarding this was not sufficient.

Notwithstanding this, I do hope that you had an enjoyable overall stay, and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Andrew Batchelor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Prague
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Family trip to London after a while. Great hotel, very friendly staff. We booked family room which was spacious enough and very comfortable. Excellent location both for getting in/out LHR and also moving around London. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review of your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your return trip to London, and that your experience here with us made your time in our lovely city that bit more memorable.

We are indeed fortunate enough to have some of the most spacious rooms in central London, and I am pleased that you were able to make good use of this feature of our hotel. I am glad to hear also that you found our location to be convenient for your time with us.

Most of all, I am genuinely delighted that our team were able to contribute to such an enjoyable stay. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you all back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Holywood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We have just spent another great weekend at the Landmark - our favourite London Hotel.
While the property is most definitely both beautiful and luxurious, it's the staff, who makes the difference! From the receptions staff to the room maids and the door man to the Bar staff - all our friendly professional and helpful.
We had reason to need the help of the concierge who made our bookings in minutes with no fuss or bother and presented us with a hard copy printout for confirmation.
If you want good food and tasteful large bedrooms and bath room with high class service and surroundings in one of London's best hotels at reasonable prices, this is the place to stay.
We'll be back again and again!

RW 09/12/13

Room Tip: The rooms facing into the atrium have beautiful full length French windows. Large bedrooms and bathr...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review our hotel on this website.

Needless to say, I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and that in particular it was our team that really made the difference. All our team members work hard to ensure every single guest experience is both comfortable, and indeed memorable, and I am genuinely pleased that they were able to do so for you on this occasion.

It is not only a pleasure for me to read such positive comments about those who work here, moreover it is very rewarding for them. I will be delighted to share your kind words with our teams. I am of course also glad to see that you were able to benefit from the comfort and luxury of our spacious guest rooms, and that you enjoyed our fabulous food throughout your stay.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

As part of a military concession for those being invested at Buckingham Palace, I stayed at The Landmark, having stayed there before. I simply cannot recommend a better, more enjoyable location where service matters and you are made to feel incredibly special. The room was amazing with every care made to make a unique event even more enjoyable. The entire experience was unforgettable and I urge you to place this excellent location as your first choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments, following your recent stay.

Firstly please allow me once again to extend our congratulations on your achievement. We are so pleased that you chose to spend such a momentous occasion with us, and I am glad that your experience here at the hotel was such a memorable one.

It is extremely rewarding, not only for me but also for the team to read such positive words from our guests, and it will absolutely be my pleasure to share yours with them. They work hard to ensure, as you say, that all our guests feel special, and at home away from home, and I am so pleased that they were able to do just that for you on such a special occasion.

I do hope that indeed we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

London
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My visit was for 3 nights mid December. We had a special rate S we were attending a function at the hotel. Our room was very large and on the 6th floor, with a small circular window looking onto an internal courtyard. This meant no natural light at anytime in the room and no fresh air. Very strange and unhealthy! There are a lot of negatives which I will simply list:
No ventilation in the lavatory
No dimmer switches on the lights
No power sockets on one side of the bed
No bin liners in the waste paper bins or vanity bins
No receptacle for tea bags, sugar wrappers etc
Cheap and nasty products. You needed to constantly bang the bottle on you leg or arm to get any product out!
Staff are very pleasant, sometimes a bit too chatty first thing in the morning when you just want breakfast put down!
The landmark charges £25 per head plus VAT for a continental breakfast, which is outrageous. And £18 for wifi per day. You can negate these charges if you joining their Leaders Club. This costs 150$ but does give you complimentary breakfast for 2 and free wifi so for the two of us staying for 3 days if was worth it. Plus deals at other Leading Hotels of the World, for a year. These sort of hotels have no character or personality, remember there are no outside windows, so you could be anywhere. They normally cost £400 per night. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms have very small round window and overlook internal courtyard. Rooms are, therefore...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay.

I was naturally very disappointed to learn that your experience with us was not such a memorable one, and indeed that there were several areas of our service that did not meet your expectations.

I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about these, in order that we may investigate further, and take the necessary action where appropriate. I would therefore be very grateful if you could contact me directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

I do hope to hear from you soon, and in the meantime please do accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very very expensive for what it was there are plenty of better places to stay in London for less money. Extortionate daily rate for WiFi
The plus points the staff were delightful, large bedroom and good size bathroom and nice breakfast

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback, following your recent stay with us.

Whilst I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort and space of your guest room, and that our sumptuous breakfast exceeded your expectations, I was disappointed to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with your overall stay.

We do take on board your comments regarding our pricing, and would like to share with you our approach to this. Based on our own guests’ feedback, we have chosen not to include any extras in our room rates, such as WiFi, therefore ensuring more transparency, and meaning only what is used is paid for. However, thank you for sharing your own feedback regarding this.

I do hope that we would indeed have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, to restore your faith in us.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We had a birthday to celebrate and wanted to go some where special
and this hotel was the place to be , the breakfast was so good lovely fruit teas yogurt service , they put a cake with happy birthday in my room
thank you all so much we liked the mirror bar

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on this website, following your recent stay.

It genuinely is a pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend their special occasions here, and I am delighted that we were able to help make your celebrations a success. It is very rewarding for our team to read that their efforts are appreciated, and they will be so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope your experience was a memorable one, and that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.