“wonderful 5* hotel in the midst of London”

The Landmark London
Ranked #51 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We spent 3 nights at The Landmark at the end of December 2013/ beginning of January 2014 (New Year's Eve).

As frequent visitors to London we have been in many hotels in London but this is by far the best.

The hotel is impressive, especially the courtyard.

We really liked this hotel, not least because of its top location (Madame Tussaud's, Oxford street as well as Bond Street are in walking distance) and also because of its rooms: They are VERY spacious, especially for London. We have been in so many 5 star hotels here in London and the rooms were always small, tiny or whatever you want to call it. Here it's different.

The room(s) at The Landmark London (its size but also its décor) reminded us of Dubai, really fantastic!

The Service (reception, guest relations etc.) was also impeccable and it was beautifully decorated for Christmas/ New Year. The manager of the hotel, Mr Andrew Batchelor, is also a very committed manager; during our stay he gave us his card and told us to contact him if we need anything: very attentive!

another "bonus": WLAN is for free (which can't be taken for granted at a lot of hotels in London..)

It was also never a problem to find a cab: There is a cab rank just behind the hotel and there is also a Marks & Spencer grocery store opposite the hotel, so very convenient if you want to buy some bottles of water for your room etc.

All in all, we had a fantastic and pleasant stay and we will definitely return to The Landmark!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this website regarding your recent stay.

Whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed the comfort and space of your guest room, I was also absolutely delighted to read your lovely comments regarding our team members. They all work so hard to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and to ensure that everyone who stays with us feels at home away from home. Needless to say, I am very happy that they did just that for you.

It is such a pleasure for me to read such feedback, and I will be very happy to share your kind words with our teams.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, for another unforgettable experience.

There are newer reviews for The Landmark London

Reviewed 9 January 2014

All of the staff were polite and helpful. Rooms were beautiful and comfortable. Food was very good. Although the location wasn't in Central London, there were some great shops and restaurants within walking distance, Sherlock Holmes 221b Baker St. was right around the corner. It was also nice that the Marylebone Tube Station was right next to the hotel. The London Eye, Piccadilly Circus and most of the London sites were just a quick Tube ride away.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on this website, following your recent stay.

I am delighted that you found our team to be helpful during your stay, and that they were able to contribute to a memorable experience here with us. It is a pleasure for me to read such feedback from our guests, and in turn to share it with our team members.

I am pleased that you also enjoyed the comfort and space of your guest room, and found our hotel to be ideally located for your visit to our lovely city.

I do hope that on you return visit to London, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We want to thank the hotel and the staff for the excellent hospitality. We recommend the hotel to any family that wants a luxurious stay in London. Every single employee of the hotel took interest in taking good care of us and our 20-month old daughter.
The breakfast buffet in the winter garden was a great start in the day. We want to say a special thank you to Marta and Eufelia for their warm welcome every morning.
We had some meals in twotwentytwo restaurant which were ok. We also spent an evening at the spa, which we found relaxing.
The room was very spacious and warm decorated with regular room service throughout the day.
The location was a bit remote from Thames river and other attractions, but all in all convenient for shopping in Oxford street.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your feedback on this website.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team members were able to make your time with us that bit more memorable. Our spacious and comfortable guest rooms and delicious cuisine served at our restaurants are elements of our hotel that we are extremely proud of, and it is always such a pleasure to read our guests’ positive comments regarding these.

I do, however, want to apologize that you found our location was not ideal to visit main tourist attractions. Our concierge team works very hard to support guests with their sightseeing plans by booking tours and offering their advice.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a colleague as we were attending an awards ceremony held at the hotel. It is very grand - although the Marylebone station entrance doesn't necessarily give this impression! The staff couldn't do enough to help and it feels a very grand old place. The room we had was large with two king size beds and gorgeous marble bathroom.

The downstairs bar had a good atmosphere both day and night - the tapas style nibbles were really enjoyable!

We had breakfast in the Palm Court and while it was expensive (although not really by London standards!) it was excellent. The location is ideal right next to Marylebone station and I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read not only that you and your colleague enjoyed your stay, but also that you felt the urge to share a review on this site. Thank you for your kind words regarding our lovely rooms and unique Atrium - I am pleased that our hotel left such an impression on you. Our team works hard to ensure all our guests’ stays are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I am delighted that they were able to do just that on this occasion.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We spent the Christmas holiday in London, staying at The Landmark and we were not disappointed! The hotel and staff were wonderful including Gabor, who worked the entire holiday!! The hotel is across from the Marylebone underground station making it very easy to travel. We even watched out first football game across the street at a great pub on Boxing Day! Found memories and experiences for everyone in the family.

Stayed: December 2013
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your review on this website following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read your positive comments about our hotel, in particular the memorable moments created by Gabor. It will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to him, and I am sure he will be thrilled to hear them. It is always a joy for our team and for me to read such wonderful comments about our hotel and the service we provide to our guests.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I wanted to come here for the Sunday brunch and it lived up to my expectations it was fabulous, my husband then booked us in for 2 nights into a suite. Our stay was first class, nothing was too much trouble, we requested a DVD player which was brought up to the room and set up by the staff. Breakfast was brilliant and the service was some of the best we have experienced. The champagne that my husband had ordered was waiting in the room and we were shown to our room and everything explained to us. Great location by the station. I would love to stay here again soon as it was such a treasured break without the kids. Would I stay again.....absolutely!

Room Tip: The suites are lovely, but I'm sure all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your comments on this website.

I am delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was able to make it a bit more special for you. We ensure to meet but also exceed expectations and are pleased to deliver memorable moments, such as for your 40th Birthday!

We are especially proud of our convenient location as well as our spacious and comfortable guest rooms. I am very pleased that you enjoyed these aspects in particular, as well as our stunning Atrium and delicious breakfast.

Thank you once again for your positive remarks – it will be my pleasure to share them with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark in the near future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at the Landmark for one night on the 04/01/14 with my other half.
All I can say about it is WOW.
Everything was perfect.
The staff were all more than helpful. We arrived at 11.00 am and check in was at 3.00 but this caused no issues at all. Everything was catered for.
The hotel is beautiful and the winter garden looks incredible.
We stayed in the Marylebone studio and were very pleased with the room.
I did not try out the bar or pool but the breakfast in the winter garden was excellent.
Great choice to cater for all needs.
Would highly recommend it and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you and your partner enjoyed your experience at our hotel. Our team members work hard to ensure that all our guests’ stays are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I am personally very pleased that they were able to do just that for you. It will be my pleasure to pass your comments on to our team.

I look forward to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.