“Perfect”

The Landmark London
Ranked #51 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

From the minute that the doors were opened for us, everything was perfect. . Beautiful grand reception area, quick easy check in,we were early on arrival but our luggage was taken and stored for us until the room was ready ,then it was waiting in our room when we got there later.
The rooms are stunning extremley spacious, very clean and the shower was wonderful.
The food we had was delicious as was the breakfast.
It is expensive but you certainly get what you pay for..I would love to return anytime.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, following your recent stay.

I was absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and in particular that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience. It is a genuine pleasure for me not only to read such wonderful words about our team, but also to then share them with all departments.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable guest rooms, and that our sumptuous breakfast exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Landmark London.

Andrew Batchelor

Write a ReviewReviews (3,051)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Yes - I can appreciate the architectural features of the hotel but unfortunately, it has not kept up with the times and cannot lay claim to be offering anything near a 5 star experience for all it's guests. The bathrooms are poky with insufficient exhaust fan power, I've seen better minibars in 3 star places and the hotel iron (on request only) looks like the cheapest model only ( no steam function) and was barely able to iron a cotton shirt. The acoustics in the corridors meant that doors sounded like they were slamming from very early morning and whilst the atrium area is atmospheric, paying guests in the rooms overlooking this area should not have to put up with loud obtrusive piano music after 10pm. If such music is necessary, then I should have been offered a choice of an outside room. The staff are generally helpful and friendly but this is not enough to make guests feel like they have obtained good value in this day and age. Recommend management visit Hong Kong 4 star hotels for some ideas.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mark H
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, regarding your recent stay.

I was naturally disappointed to learn that overall, your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are usually so proud of the high standards of service and product that we offer our valued guests, and I am sorry that on this occasion, you left our hotel not entirely satisfied with your experience.

Whilst I was pleased to read that our team were able to make you feel a little more comfortable, I am sorry that you were disturbed by the piano music from our atrium. I am confident that our team would have been able to accommodate your request for a quieter room had they been made aware, however I am sorry if this was not the case. We do also indeed have steam irons available for our guests on request, however I appreciate that this may not have been explained fully to you, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any lack of communication.

We genuinely value all our guests’ comments, and thank you for taking the time to share these with us. I do hope that in the future, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, and restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Myself and my husband stayed at The Landmark overnight of 8 March 2014. We arrived fairly early in the day at about 11.00 am. However the reception staff were happy to allow us to check in and even offered us the chance to choose whether we had a room on the outside of the building or overlooking the centre of the hotel.
The room was, as ever, superb. We have stayed at The Landmark several times.
Whilst staying we used the Mirror Bar, had lunch in the Winter Garden and used the Spa. All were of a high standard.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on this site.

I was so pleased to learn that your time with us was both enjoyable, and memorable, and indeed that our team provided such a warm welcome for your one night stay.

I am glad that you had the opportunity to use so many of the facilities our hotel has to offer, and that each and every one of them met your expectations. Our team work hard to ensure all our guests’ stays are as comfortable as possible, and I am delighted that they were able to do just that for you on this occasion.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you both back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be another superb stay.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed in the Landmark on business and was very disappointed. The room amenities e,g, the TV are dated, the decor needs updating and refurbishing e.g. rust ring in the shower and they make sure they charge extra for everything e.g. £14 for 24 hours of wifi, £29 for breakfast, no iron in the room so you have to pay for the hotel's pressing service and £125 (plus a handling charge!) to arrange a car from the airport. Also I found the reception staff easily confused by straightforward requests.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DaveD1818

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on this website, following your recent visit.

I was sorry to read that, on this occasion, we were unable to meet all your expectations, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your comments regarding the charges mentioned. Based on our own guests’ feedback, we have chosen not to include any additional items in our room rates, meaning only services that are actually used are paid for. However, we do welcome all feedback on this subject, and appreciate the time you have taken to share yours with us.

I was concerned to learn that there were some maintenance issues in your guest room, and would welcome the opportunity to investigate further. If you would be so kind as to let me know which room you stayed in, I will be able to have our teams look into this matter.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, and restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Staying at the hotel has been a very positive experience.

The room was clean and inviting, and the staff has been very attentive and friendly at all times.
It is the small details that made my stay as pleasant: the recognition of the staff at the reception, the soft piano music from the Gazebo, housekeeping checking whether I needed anything and wishing me a good night, or the concierge offering alternatives to find my way around the area.
I felt very welcome at the hotel and would recommend it for future travels.

Thank you for caring!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback, following your recent stay.

I was absolutely delighted to learn that your stay with us was so enjoyable, and in particular that our team were able to make your time with us so memorable.

It is genuinely a pleasure for me to read about the wonderful stays our guests enjoy with us, and also to pass on such kind words to our team. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be another lovely stay.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel was generally very impressive with the atrium and other features setting the tone and the staff mostly extremely good, but we felt that the accommodation seemed a little bit tired. We were lucky enough to get an upgrade and this naturally influenced our favourable judgement of our stay, but we were also happy with lunch in the TwoTwentyTwo restaurant and the fact that it was a shortish walk to Oxford Street. However, in general, there a lack of atmosphere about the place and we did not consider it particularly good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and that our team were able to contribute to a memorable stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the unique features of our fabulous building and in particular our spectacular glass atrium.

I was sorry to learn, however, that you did not feel our prices represented good value for money, and that your experience did not meet your expectations on every level. I would be happy to discuss this further with you, and welcome the opportunity to learn more about what we could do to enhance the overall service provided. I can be reached at Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel is definitely a luxury splurge which we were more than willing to buy into for this special trip. The lobby entrance is grand and sets the stage for the hotel. The doormen are ever present who open the door for you and even gave us weather reports (and umbrellas) as we walked out each day. Our room was huge with a nice view of the Marylebone Station with the largest bathroom I've seen in a hotel. And the location can't be beat! The drawback was that there were 3 of us so we needed two beds which were described as queens - they were more like full size and rather hard, nothing luxurious about them as with many other hotels we've stayed in. Hopefully they are on the rotation list to be replaced. Another negative were the prices - the breakfast was $50 pp - yikes! And the cocktails in the Mirror bar were $25 each (and much smaller than we are used to in the US!) There are high fees to use the pool and fitness center as well as use of the wireless - high fees that we were not willing to pay. In this day and age, no free wireless in a $500/night hotel?? So other than those complaints, it is a magnificent hotel and if money is no object with you, then stay here for sure!!

Room Tip: Room 536 was next to the secondary elevator, not the main ones and was a great spot - quiet and conv...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on this website.

I was pleased to read that there were several aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, and in particular that our team were able to contribute to a memorable experience for you all. I was glad that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious guest room; however I was of course disappointed to learn that you found our beds to be uncomfortable. Please be assured that your feedback has been passed on to our Accommodation Services team, who will ensure this is investigated immediately, and any necessary action taken.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our pricing for WiFi, and access to our Health Club. Based on our own guests’ feedback, we have taken a more transparent approach to these charges. We do not include such things in our room rates, in order that our guests pay only for what they use. However, we do take on board your comments and thank you once again for sharing these with us.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.