“Total unadulterated luxury”

The Landmark London
Ranked #52 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Treated my daughter to a night there for a special birthday recently and we enjoyed a beautiful room with two double beds and incredible comfort, yummy dinner with great choice of veggie options and the most delicious breakfast, followed by a spa treat for each of us. Pricey but the memories of this special time are totally unforgettable. I was celebrating the anniversary of becoming a mummy so felt the extravagance totally justifiable.

Room Tip: Looking over the palm court is best at third or second floor gives best views of the palm tree court...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.

I would like to personally congratulate both your daughter, and indeed yourself, on your special celebrations. It is a genuine pleasure for our team when our guests choose to spend such occasions with us, and it is such a delight to read about the memorable moments they create for our guests.

I was so pleased to read that you were both able to luxuriate at our relaxing Health Club & Spa, and that the meals you enjoyed exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your daughter back to The Landmark London, for another unforgettable experience.

Andrew Batchelor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,977)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

It was a great experience staying here. We had a family room which was MASSIVE, in fact so huge we are still talking about it. The warm cookies on arrival were a treat for all, and add to it the warm and helpful staff. Evening concierge were great, and even went to the shop to buy medicine for my son who had a headache. Thank you so much everyone!!!

Room Tip: The room at the front was on the busy road, but you would never know as it was silent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this site of your recent stay.

I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us so much, and that you all left with such lovely memories of your stay. Our team are here to ensure that all our guests are as comfortable as possible throughout their time with us, and I was happy to read that our Concierge team in particular were able to do just that.

It is our pleasure to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as memorable as possible, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Landmark London for another fabulous stay.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

An old railway hotel converted in the 1980s to a five star hotel. The place is beautiful and the rooms larger than in most hotels. The design of the entire hotel is elegant and different.The main restaurant is in the atrium with a beautiful setting and good food. The location is on the fringe of downtown near Baker Street and Marlybone stations where you can ride the tube and regular rail. It is a ten minute walk to Oxford Street and is not far from everything a tourist would want to see. I have stayed there many times and have found service outstanding and the staff polite and helpful.
Hint: joint heir club for free and get a great rate plus extras. Finally, it is one block north of the congestion tax area so you can park your car without the tax.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the front as Marlybone Road is very heavy with traffic. I like the back as...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that your experience here with us was so memorable, and that you were also enchanted by the beautiful building we are fortunate enough to find ourselves in.

I am pleased that you found our location so convenient, and that you were easily able to access all corners of our fabulous city. Most of all, I was thrilled to read that our team were able to make you feel at home, and that their service exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am sure will be another memorable stay.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here for one night at the weekend. Welcoming and helpful staff at every function. We got a room upgrade and breakfast through the LHW network. The gym use is priced at £10 for one hour, but we were not charged this fee - probably due to LWH membership. Room had large sitting area and open plan sleeping area, both with large TVs (although it would not be possible to watch two shows, as the sounds would not be isolated). Large work desk with power sockets at desk height. Bath and separate drench shower in the bathroom and a huge wardrobe. Breakfast is buffet style, with lots to please everyone and the opportunity order extra is required. Very good location across the street from Marylebone tube station makes it easy to get to. Decor and cleanilness to the highest standard throughout. We had a small problem with a padlock which was quickly dealt with - on a Sunday morning. Would certainly stay here again. Well done everyone and thanks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on this website.

I was so pleased to read that your one night with us was so enjoyable, and that you enjoyed the comfort and amenities within our spacious guest rooms.

Our sumptuous breakfast buffet, served in our stunning Winter Garden, is one of the highlights for so many of our guests, and I am delighted that you had the time to enjoy it. I am pleased that you found our location to be so convenient, and that the issue you experienced whilst with us was dealt with so efficiently.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am sure will be another wonderful experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I hit married in Westminster in July 2014, we chose to stay with our guests at The Landmark as we were flying to the US the following morning. Reception staff we fine although no champagne was received as per the website offer, I did mention this to reception however nothing arrived.

We chose to dine at the Winter Gardens, which was a big mistake.... A few months before I arranged a cake with the restaurant team and received emails confirming my booking and indeed the cake... The staff were cold if not rude.... At the end of the main course the party was asked if we would like dessert... I asked if they could bring the cake out, to which a rude woman said 'you didn't order one' .... A little surprised by this response I said 'yes I did I have email confirmation... The lady then said 'from who?' I told her... Then she went away (I assumed to double check) nothing happened so I asked again and had the same response... This was my wedding day !!! And infront of my guests I was being questioned as to if I had actually ordered this cake ! Eventually after my wife had begged for something to cut (For the photos) a slither of cheese cake arrived that looked like if had been thrown around the kitchen ... When we got back we emailed the hotel and were offered afternoon tea foc.... Not really the point as I only intend to get married once.... And for that one big day... Someone forgot our cake... To make it worse the news was delivered in such a hostile and rude manner I cannot recommend this hotel ever.... Never got the champagne....

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Jb88888

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us on this website.

Firstly, please allow me to offer our congratulations once again on your wedding. I was sorry to learn that your stay with us, however, did not meet your expectations, and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I understand that you have been in contact with our Food & Beverage team regarding your experience. I appreciate that little can be done after the event to make right the shortfalls in service encountered, however I would once again like to offer my sincere apologies.

I am also extremely sorry that you did not receive your champagne. We have been able to identify a miscommunication within our team, and have naturally addressed this accordingly.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, as it is only through such feedback that we are able to monitor and continuously improve the service we are providing to our guests. I do hope that we will soon be able to welcome you back to The Landmark London, and restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Once again a wonderful stay at The Landmark Hotel in London. Hotel is centrally located, rooms are exceptionally spacious and very comfortable. As always the staff are extremely courteous and friendly. I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 10 years for both business and leisure - it's offers character and style which is easily lost in new modern hotels today. I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us on this site.

Naturally, I was delighted to read that you had another wonderful stay at our hotel, and indeed that our team are always on hand to ensure your experience with us is memorable. It is particularly pleasing to see that each and every time you stay, your time your expectations are consistently exceeded, and that you enjoy the character of this beautiful building.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be another fabulous stay.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Showpiece area is very nice, rooms are clean and well presented but nothing specisl for the price.
Location is quite close to many tourist areas, suprisingly no noise from the train station.
Not used to Bar prices in London but seemed very expensive

Room Tip: 6th floor above Marylebone station was OK
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

Whilst I was pleased that, in general, you enjoyed your time with us, I was sorry to learn that we were unable to meet your expectations on all levels. We genuinely value all our guests’ comments, as they are the one true measure we have of the service we are providing. As such, I would welcome your suggestions around improving our service, if you would be willing to share these with me. I can be reached directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

I am glad, however, that you found our location to be convenient, and enjoyed the spectacular building we are fortunate enough to find ourselves in.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.