“As always, faultless”

The Landmark London
Ranked #53 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I love the location of the Landmark Hotel, it's just facing Marylebone and a very short walk down the road can take you to a variety of places you may wish to visit, Madame Tussaud's and Baker Street to name just two.

We love to have afternoon tea here & if you time it right you can be there as day turns to night, which is something really special to do.

They cater really well for children at the Landmark, making it a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Enslow-Officegirl
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I was so pleased to learn that your stay was ‘faultless’, and that we were able to create such a memorable experience for you and your family. I was delighted to read that you found our location to be so well suited to your needs, and that you were easily able to travel around our wonderful city.

Thank you once again for your kind words. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity of welcoming you all back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be another fabulous stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is without doubt, the best place to stay to really experience London at its best. The rooms and beautifully decorated and spacious. The staff go above and beyond to do anything you ask, yes it may be pricey but it is worth every penny for what services are available to you. Food is delicious. I have no faults for this hotel, I can not recommend it enough that you have to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

I was absolutely delighted to read that your time with us was so memorable, and most of all that it was our team that really made the difference. We are all here to ensure our guests’ expectations are not only met, but also exceeded, and I was so pleased to learn that we were able to do this for you during your stay.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the food you enjoyed also – I will be sure to pass these on to our dedicated team of chefs.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for what I am sure will be another wonderful experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel which is next to Marylebone station. The Palm Court in the centre is delightful and the staff are very attentive and helpful. The breakfast is good but not the best I have experienced for this grade of hotel. London sites are easily accessible by tube. The rooms are comfortable with all the amenities but I found a price of £4.95 for a small bottle of water ridiculous. The expensive extras in 5 star hotels always amazes me.
We got a good deal with Voyage Prive which included breakfast and free use of leisure facilities. It even included a free glass of house wine in the bar. I would not have tried this hotel at full price as it would not represent value for money with the competition around. However it is still an excellent hotel with excellent staff. Well worth a stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MARTIN D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay on this website.

I was naturally delighted to read that your stay with us was so enjoyable, and that our team members were able to create such a memorable experience for you. We are very fortunate to find ourselves in such a spectacular building, with our unique glass atrium, so I was pleased to read that you enjoyed these features of our hotel.

Thank you also for your comments regarding our prices. We do regularly check our charges against those of other 5* hotels in the city, to ensure we are representing good value for our guests. We always find ourselves to be in line with the others; however we do take on board your feedback, and thank you for sharing it with us.

I do hope that indeed we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Ok yes it is a very attractive hotel with good service but so it should be at the price
However their policy to charge £10 to have a swim in the pool is a very poor policy decision. Whilst they refunded this I sadly would not stay there again. I have never been charged extra to swim in a hotel pool anywhere else in the world and would expect it in the room price. It wasn't cheap!
Didn't use the chargeable broadband either

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Sunfold

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.

Whilst I was pleased to read that you found the service at our hotel to be of a high standard, and you enjoyed the beautiful building we are so fortunate to be in, I was disappointed to learn that overall, your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I am deeply sorry that this is the case, and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We do take on board all our guests’ feedback regarding our prices, so thank you for sharing yours with us. We have made a conscious decision not to include such elements as access to our Health Club into our rates, to ensure that our guests only pay for the services they actually use. Our beautiful Health Club & Spa is also a private members club, and in order to maintain a degree of exclusivity for our members, there is a nominal charge to use the facility. However, we do value your comments on this matter, and I am sorry that it would deter you from staying with us again.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that in fact we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Treated my daughter to a night there for a special birthday recently and we enjoyed a beautiful room with two double beds and incredible comfort, yummy dinner with great choice of veggie options and the most delicious breakfast, followed by a spa treat for each of us. Pricey but the memories of this special time are totally unforgettable. I was celebrating the anniversary of becoming a mummy so felt the extravagance totally justifiable.

Room Tip: Looking over the palm court is best at third or second floor gives best views of the palm tree court...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to personally congratulate both your daughter, and indeed yourself, on your special celebrations. It is a genuine pleasure for our team when our guests choose to spend such occasions with us, and it is such a delight to read about the memorable moments they create for our guests.

I was so pleased to read that you were both able to luxuriate at our relaxing Health Club & Spa, and that the meals you enjoyed exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your daughter back to The Landmark London, for another unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

It was a great experience staying here. We had a family room which was MASSIVE, in fact so huge we are still talking about it. The warm cookies on arrival were a treat for all, and add to it the warm and helpful staff. Evening concierge were great, and even went to the shop to buy medicine for my son who had a headache. Thank you so much everyone!!!

Room Tip: The room at the front was on the busy road, but you would never know as it was silent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this site of your recent stay.

I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us so much, and that you all left with such lovely memories of your stay. Our team are here to ensure that all our guests are as comfortable as possible throughout their time with us, and I was happy to read that our Concierge team in particular were able to do just that.

It is our pleasure to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as memorable as possible, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Landmark London for another fabulous stay.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

An old railway hotel converted in the 1980s to a five star hotel. The place is beautiful and the rooms larger than in most hotels. The design of the entire hotel is elegant and different.The main restaurant is in the atrium with a beautiful setting and good food. The location is on the fringe of downtown near Baker Street and Marlybone stations where you can ride the tube and regular rail. It is a ten minute walk to Oxford Street and is not far from everything a tourist would want to see. I have stayed there many times and have found service outstanding and the staff polite and helpful.
Hint: joint heir club for free and get a great rate plus extras. Finally, it is one block north of the congestion tax area so you can park your car without the tax.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the front as Marlybone Road is very heavy with traffic. I like the back as...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that your experience here with us was so memorable, and that you were also enchanted by the beautiful building we are fortunate enough to find ourselves in.

I am pleased that you found our location so convenient, and that you were easily able to access all corners of our fabulous city. Most of all, I was thrilled to read that our team were able to make you feel at home, and that their service exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am sure will be another memorable stay.