“Incredible, perfect”

The Landmark London
Ranked #53 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 April 2014

You don't know luxury until you stay at the landmark. Took the girlfriend here for valentines. Everything was tremendous. The immortal lines of the concierge who we had find us somewhere to eat at the last minute on a peak night for diners "do you want the good news or the bad news? there's no bad news from the concierge" he quipped. He was right. It was a fabulous meal, a fabulous stay and all over perfect. The only remote downer was that at check out the gentleman mentioned the price of the bill out loud - I had already paid it. It was nice but I didn't want my partner to feel guilty that I had spent a bit on her :) so that was the only negative. A bit of tact next time please front desk!

• Stayed: February 2014
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel on this website.

I was naturally delighted that you and your girlfriend chose to spend Valentine’s Day with us, and that your experience here at the hotel was so memorable. It is our pleasure to assist with any guest requests, and I am so pleased that our Concierge team were able to find such a lovely venue for your celebratory meal.

I was sorry to read that your experience was slightly tainted by your check out process. Please be assured that this feedback has been passed on to our team so that they may learn from it, and avoid any further shortfalls in service in the future.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful stay.

Andrew Batchelor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,981)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night before heading off to Paris for Easter weekend, The hotel is amazing and beautiful. My partner let the hotel it was our anniversary and they put petal's on the bed and sent some chocolate covered strawberries to our room and left a lovely card. They only thing I would say that wasn't a great experience is that the card was addressed to Mr & Mrs and we are actually a Mr & Mr -
The hotel is close to London Kings Cross Station.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on this website.

I was delighted to read that you and your partner had such a wonderful start to your Easter weekend. It is a genuine pleasure for us to assist our guests in celebrating special occasions such as anniversaries, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the surprise.

I am deeply sorry for the administrative error on the card. Please accept my sincere apologies for this lack of attention to detail, and be assured that this is not reflective of our usual high standards of service.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Everything is excellent, great winter garden for an afternoon tea. Rooms on the top floor has slightly smaller windows. Great location in a historical building, right next to the London Underground and trains. Only down side, hard to get a taxi, you are competing for taxi with passengers coming off the trains.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J W
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

‘Great historical hotel’

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I was so pleased to read that everything about your stay was ‘excellent’, and that you found our location to be so convenient during your stay. We are indeed very fortunate to find ourselves in such beautiful building, so I am glad that you also enjoyed our opulent surroundings.

I am sorry, however, that you had some difficulty hailing a taxi. We do have a fabulous team of friendly and efficient doormen on hand to assist with this at all times, however I do apologise if you experienced any delays.

Overall, I am delighted that your stay with us was so memorable, and I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I love The Landmark. I have stayed here with friends and with family and it is a fabulous place to stay. It's over the road to Marylebone station and you can easily get to other areas via the taxi rank outside. The rooms are elegant, clean and well stocked.

Having had such a great previous experience here we decided to pop in for coffee on our recent trip to London before starting out on our day. We ordered three milkshakes which were delicious if not a little slow to arrive. Also, 3 coffees which took 30 minutes to arrive in a warm, very drinkable condition, which was very disappointing. Having waited so long for our drinks we were finished and out in an instant.

To stay is divine. For coffee only? I wont bother next time.

Room Tip: A room over-looking the atrium have a great view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, following your recent visit.

I was so sorry to learn that your brief visit to our hotel did not meet your expectations, nor did it match with any of your previous visits. Whilst I am grateful for your kind words regarding the hotel itself, I was so disappointed that we were unable on this occasion to deliver the high standards of service you have experienced previously.

I was very concerned to read about your experience with us. I was shocked to learn that your coffees took so long to arrive, and on top of that, they were not enjoyable. Please be assured that I have passed your feedback on to our Food and Beverage Manager for her immediate review, and I have every confidence that she will take the necessary action to ensure that no future guest experiences such shortfalls in service.

I do hope, however, that your experience with us would not deter you from staying with us again, and I do look forward to being able to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be a much more memorable visit.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

A lovely hotel with an exceptional dining experience. Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated with a great bathroom.
We would rate this hotel as one of the best we have ever stayed in and one of its strongest assets is their staff, who really made our stay special.

Room Tip: The executive room was large and well fitted with an extremely comfortable bed
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay with us on this website.

I was naturally delighted to read that your time with us was so enjoyable, and that you were able to benefit from our exceptionally spacious and luxurious guest rooms.

In particular, I was so proud to read that our team made your time with us so special. They do all genuinely work hard to take care of all our guests, and create memorable experiences for each and every one, and it is therefore very rewarding for them, and indeed myself, to hear about it when they do.

Thank you once again for sharing your comments with us. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am sure will be another special stay.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Took my daughter for a mini-break to the capital. The Landmark made the weekend really special. The thing that stood out was the fantastic service from the staff who were very friendly and helpful, particularly Christian Borghi in the Two Twenty Two Restaurant, who went out of his way to look after us and make us feel welcome The hotel itself is impressive, our room was spotless and very comfortable. Enjoyed a swim in the well equipped Spa and was delighted to be able to walk to Regents Park on the Sunday morning, which was beautiful in the spring sunshine. I would definitely make a return visit.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, following your recent visit to our hotel.

I was absolutely thrilled to read that both you and your daughter enjoyed your time with us so much, and indeed that it was our team that made the real difference. All our team members work hard to ensure that each and every guest experience is a special one, and I am always so proud to read about it from our guests when they do. A special note of thanks for your kind words about Christian – I will be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to him directly.

We are indeed well located for accessing so many parts of this vast city, and as you have mentioned, so fortunate to be close to Regents Park, which at this time of year is genuinely one of the most beautiful ways to start a morning!

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to The Landmark London in the near future, for what I am confident will be another unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel is right across the street from a Tube station, which was very convenient. The rooms are enormous, especially since we were warned that European hotel rooms are usually tiny. The largest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel.

The concierge service was hit or miss as far as restaurant recommendations. Although he gave us the name of an excellent Italian restaurant nearby on our first night, my family commented afterwards that the concierge was making fun of my American accent! Not classy...

At check in we were told that an English breakfast was included in our room rate. However, the restaurant hostess claimed this was not the case and first insisted we pay the full $39 pounds a person, then said it was only one free breakfast per room, then finally let us have breakfast for free. The front desk never updated our record so we had this issue throughout our stay.

For a hotel of this caliber and price level, free wi-fi should be a no-brainer. But they gouge you by charging $24 pounds a day. They further claim that free wi-fi is available in their 24-hour business center, but it's really two computers wired to the Internet with a janitor who comes by to close up shop at some point in the evening. No 24-hours here.

And is it that much trouble to provide irons in each room? Kind of a hassle to have to go to the front desk and get one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sdgamer

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, following your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you found the location of our beautiful hotel to be so convenient during your time with us, and indeed that you were able to make good use of our spacious guest rooms.

However, I was extremely concerned to learn that you experience with our Concierge team did not meet your expectations. Your account of your interaction with the team is so unlike them, and of course not what I would expect from such a professional team of individuals. I would be eager to learn more about your experience, should you be willing to share some further feedback with me, and I will then be able to address this with our team. I can be reached at Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

I am sorry that our pricing was not what you were expecting, and that you experienced such an easily rectifiable issue with breakfast. Please rest assured that we take this kind of feedback seriously, and always use it as a learning tool, to ensure no future recurrences for our guests.

I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your stay, and do hope I will hear from you soon. In the meantime, please do accept my sincere apologies for any shortfalls in service experienced.