“A weekend to remember.”

The Landmark London
Ranked #52 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My partner treated me to the most amazing weekend in London. Staying at The Landmark made it perfect. The staff were attentive and helpful. The spa was bliss with a perfect sized pool for a proper swim or a float about and the Mirror Bar was the ideal place to relax after a hectic day or to kick off an evening in style.

We have stayed in many London hotels but The Landmark exceeded all of our expectations.

I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Carolann_Petrie,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on this website.

I was absolutely delighted to read that your special weekend was so enjoyable, and our team were able to make all the difference. We do believe that the details make the difference, and I was so pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I was glad to read that you were able to make good use of our fabulous Health Club and Spa – a true oasis in the chaos of this wonderful city. Our Mirror Bar is also a hidden gem, and I am so pleased that you discovered it, and indeed enjoyed it so.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for another superb experience.

Andrew Batchelor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,977)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The hotel is located right beside Marylebone station which is very convenient. Upon check-in I was told there is no free wifi in the hotel which was a disappointment and there was a £17 per day charge for wifi (although the manual in the room stated £14.50). Fanny in reception was very professional, handled the check-in process smoothly and was so polite, the perfect greeting every guest should get upon checking in.
The hotel was generally very busy over the weekend and there were daily notes in the room from the Rooms Operations Manager that the breakfast would be busy recommending to order room service instead and offering the Health club and Spa free of charge (normally guests are charged £10). The Spa was also quite fully booked but managed to get a massage and highly recommend Ragini.
The room was lovely, light and tastefully furnished. Very clean and housekeeping was on a very high standard. There was no complimentary water in the room which would be nice, but good coffee and tea making facilities.
David in concierge was very helpful, efficient and took care of all requests at once with a good sense of humor.
Overall a luxurious stay to five star standard. The Landmark hotel could change the policy of charging for wifi since this was a common guest complaint heard in the corridors but also put an effort towards doing something environmentally friendly which there is no mention of anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Lily_19772014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, following your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that your arrival experience was so memorable, and that in particular Fanny was able to provide such a warm welcome. I am also glad that you found our location to be so convenient for travelling around our lovely city, and that you found the standards of your guest room to be so high. Our team work hard to ensure all our guests’ expectations are not only met, but also exceeded, and I am delighted that they were able to do this for you on this occasion.

It is a true pleasure for me to read about the memorable moments our team are providing for our guests, and that in particular our Concierge team were so efficient and helpful. I will be more than happy to share your kind words with them.

Thank you for your comments regarding our WiFi charging, which we do take on board. We have recently changed the structure of the pricing for the Internet within the hotel, and welcome all our guests’ comments so that we can ensure we are delivering the best possible service. We are also currently reviewing the offering of complimentary water within our guest rooms, so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, so thank you once again for sharing this. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

we chose this hotel over the mayfair hotel, where we usually stay when in london, due to its location for our plans this weekend. we were both disappointed overall but will start with listing the good points that we found.
We paid £29 each for breakfast and was at first disappointed that it was a buffet-however, we found it was still very nice and, as had just been put out, was very hot. there was a good selection throughout both the hot breakfast and cold continental.
we had an excellent lunch on the saturday afternoon in the winter garden, it was pricey (as expected) but lovely and worth it. we both had the beef with creamy mash and thoroughly enjoyed.
the hotel was in a good location for the station- a 30 second walk.
However, despite being impressed with the food and the location we felt the hotel was let down by the following points.
we couldnt check in until nearly half past 3 despite putting bags in to reception at 1, there were cleaners still in room when we went in and it smelt very, very strongly of cleaning products.
my husband had to wait nearly half an hour for an iron and ironing board to be delivered to our room after calling reception. why are these not in room as standard?
our room was nice nothing special. in the evening and on the sunday morning the corridor stunk of smoke (hence the low mark on cleanliness makes me feel very grubby).
we were very surprised there was no complimentary bottle of water in our room, as expected when paying these prices. £4 per bottle.
after checking out we were charged £53 to our card for the mini bar, we didn't even open the fridge let alone take anything out. we later received a blunt email from gloria saying we were mistakenly charged from the previous guests bill- no apology.
we had a couple of drinks in the mirror bar before going out early on the saturday evening. the waiter was unable to get the 2 drinks right and we were the only couple in the bar. he was nice so we let him off but dread to think how he would cope should we have been sat in a large group.
without the very good food and the location of the hotel our rating would have been just 1 out of 5. all in all we found it a very expensive hotel that without the food and location would have nothing more going for it than a 2/3 star. will be returning to the cheaper and by far superior mayfair hotel in future.

2  Thank deebees62
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear deebees62,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on this website.

I was naturally extremely disappointed to learn that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, and I am so sorry that on this occasion we were unable to create the memorable stay both you and we would have hoped for. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Whilst I was pleased to read that you found our central location to be convenient, and indeed that you enjoyed the delicious food in our restaurants, I was sorry to read that you felt let down by the shortfalls in service described. I can only apologise for the unpleasant odour in your room, however I do feel confident that had this been brought to the attention of our team, we would have been able to locate a more convenient room for you.

I was sorry to learn that you had to wait for your room, past our guaranteed check in time of 15:00. I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your stay, so that I may ensure the relevant departmental managers conduct a more thorough investigation in their own areas, and that we use your comments as a learning for us all. I would be very grateful if you would contact me directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk, perhaps with a little more information.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, and in the meantime would like to offer my sincere apologies once again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I wanted a comfortable London hotel, not too expensive, good value, close to the main attractions and with a decent size room. We had heard of The Landmark Hotel so thought we would give it a try. What a fantastic experience it was! We needed early check in as our flight arrived early morning and, with the friendly and professional help of Craig and Malisa, it was arranged. On our arrival, we were warmly welcomed and everything went off without a hitch. Fresh fruit was awaiting us in the room, there was 2 hours complimentary wi fi and the bathroom was also superb! Cocktails in the Mirror bar were amazing - you have to give it a try! The porter, Jakub, was also extremely friendly and helpful on our departure, so, all in all it was a great experience that went off without a hitch. Our thanks to all the staff, Craig and Melisa in particular. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike W
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Mike W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on this website.

I was absolutely delighted to read about your fantastic experience at our hotel, and thrilled to learn that it was our team that really made your time with us so memorable. From the warm welcome provided, I am so pleased that your time with us was seamless, and every expectation was exceeded.

It genuinely makes me proud to see our team members’ names on this site, and read about the special moments they are creating for our guests. I will be only too happy to share your wonderful feedback with Jakub and Malisa, and indeed the rest of our team.

I do hope that we will all soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for another superb stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Hotel is lovely, beautiful atrium and fantastic breakfast (£29 if not included in your rate). Stayed on an offer so £200 for two people B&B and spa access. The bedroom looked onto the inner atrium so you never felt comfortable to have curtains fully open in case someone could see in! It did feel strange not having a proper outside window. Bed/pillows OK but have had better. The spa is adequate, not a abundance of loungers so some guests came in to relax after a treatment and there was no where for them to sit! Overall for the price we paid I was happy but wouldn't have wanted to pay anymore and I know their normal rack rates are A LOT more!

Room Tip: Ask for one not looking on to the inner atrium.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear robertsrock,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

Whilst I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the beautiful building we are so lucky to find ourselves in, I was disappointed to learn that we were unable to meet your expectations on all levels, and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I am sorry that the room allocated to you by our team was not what you were expecting, however I am confident that had your preferences been mentioned to our team, we would have been able to organise something more suitable. I am deeply sorry if neither the bed nor the pillows were not to your liking, and I would like to assure you that your feedback has been passed on to the relevant departmental managers for their review and action.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once again to our lovely hotel, for what I am sure will be a much more memorable experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

As much as I can I hold meetings, and social occasions at this beautiful location. I have stayed here, eaten here, drank here and had meetings here, and have never been disappointed over the 10 years I have been doing it.

From a tasty and expansive breakfast, perfect for a business discussion where you need some additional brain boosting, to an evening drink at the Mirror Bar (be still my beating heart), and everything in between, I cannot fault it.

The mezzanine is perfect for business meetings and a quick lunch, and the staff are always a delight.

Go there, sink into a sofa, enjoy a cocktail in the mirror bar, or a gastronomic dinner in the restaurant.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear weblet71,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on this website, following your most recent visit.

It is a genuine pleasure for me to read about our guests experiences with us, particularly when each and every one is so memorable. I am delighted that your visits always exceed your expectaionts, for both meetings, and overnight stays.

I am so pleased that the service you have received in both our Gazebo, and delightful Mirror Bar was of such a high standard, and it will be my pleasure to share your comments with our teams. I am thrilled that we have become your home away from home whilst in London.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for your next fabulous visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Spent 1 night in the Landmark hotel and it was absolutely amazing.

From the time you walk through the door until the time you leave you are made to feel very special. We stayed in one of the suites and it was beautiful.

Just make sure on checking in that the use of the Spa/swimming pool is included in the package you book.

Room Tip: Suite room

Dear DublinLinda,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.

Needless to say, I was thrilled to read your glowing review, and learn that your time with us was so enjoyable. We do endeavour to ensure all our guests feel at home away from home, and as you stay this starts with the initial warm welcome at the door. I am delighted that our team were able to create such a memorable experience for you, and it will be my pleasure to share your kind words with them.