“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #49 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Gainesville, Georgia
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This is the most expensive hotel I have ever stayed in. Beautiful surroundings. Expensive decorations. High end food at an expensive price. We did not take advantage if anything here. I read on TA that a refill of coffee was extra. That turned off from the start. Drinks and food in room was extra. Really, I do not expect to be provided with soda and candy but free ice would be appreciated. However the ice may be free but the tip would not. If you are not rich, be prepared to be looked down upon. Other more affluent guest wonder how you got here. Who cares. Hotel right across the street from tube station giving good access to Oxford Street station. Small food store to get drinks and takeout. Bus lines stops here also. Room was clean but floor in water closet was not moped. The doormen were gracious and polite. The reception desk was very helpful. For the price, this is a one time deal for me. However, I would recommend it. Enjoy

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear 466247,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, regarding your recent stay.

I was of course pleased to read that you enjoyed our beautiful building and surroundings, and that our location was convenient for your stay. However, I was sorry to learn that on this occasion we were unable to meet all your expectations, and I would like to apologise for not having been able to create the memorable experience you were hoping for.

I am sorry that our prices were not necessarily what you were expecting. We do indeed offer ice for our guests on a complimentary basis, however I am sorry if perhaps this was not explained fully to you. I am sorry that you felt not as welcome as might have been possible, however I can assure you that our team will always extend a warm welcome to each and every guest, on each and every single stay.

However, I am glad that you found our Reception and Doormen teams to be helpful, and that the service they provided was of such a high standard. I do hope that at some stage in the future we will indeed have the pleasure of welcoming you back, for what I am sure would be a more comfortable and enjoyable experience.

Andrew Batchelor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Overview…. The Landmark is a lovey hotel and feels quite grand upon entering. The rooms are quite large for the London area when considering price and space. The service, while more than acceptable, is less than what I’ve had in 4 star properties. They have a small spa that covers the basics and allows children into the main areas. The hotel contains several eateries and a lounge. Amongst them, The Winter Garden serves breakfast which is acceptable on weekdays and beyond the pale bad on weekends. The hotel has several banquet areas which seem capable of covering a wide range of function & sizes. While I would stay here again, location is less than optimal for most tourist areas and I would be willing to pay more for a central location while eliminating taxi costs for a similar London property.

BASIC REVIEW OF STAY & TRIP…

Guests…Family of 4 (ages 41, 36, 6, 2) travelling for pleasure (mix of tourism and anniversary trip).

Pre-trip: I explored the various 4 & 5 star hotels of London on-line & booked directly through the Landmark website. I took a "family deluxe room" (which is the same thing as the “single deluxe room but marketed under another name to lure families) with the "Easter" package which included room, spa, breakfast, Wi-Fi, and an Easter egg (£70 more than the base price for the same room). For me, the main factors on deciding upon The Landmark were room size, spa availability (for the kids), 5* rating, and location (although the location isn’t really the best).

While many 4 and 5* hotels that I have dealt with in the past have sent an e-mail asking if I needed any help planning the itinerary, this was not done from this property (as I tend to plan vacations myself, this isn’t really much of an issue).

Arrival: We arrived into Heathrow and took the "Heathrow Express" train into Paddington station (about £50 one way). From Paddington we Grabbed a taxi to the hotel (£10 including tip). The doorman was right there to open the door and assist with the luggage. As we got into London quite early, I wasn't expecting the room to be ready and it wasn't. As check-in was supposed to be around 1400-1500, I had no problem with this. I was happy to drop the luggage and start our visit to London. The receptionist stated they would call when the room became available and they delivered on their promise to call by 1400. I think we checked in around 1500. There were no problems with check in and all staff were more than polite and professional. Full Payment and 1 day extra of deposit are demanded upon check in. While not strange, I had thought that charges would be made upon check out. No big deal either way. Standard paperwork. Standard process of getting the keys and finding the way to the room. Nothing exceptional for good or bad. . Luggage was in the room as promised.

Room: From what I researched, The Landmark seems to offer the largest rooms for the price in a London 5 star. The room we got was as seen on their website. Spacious and roomy, The sitting area contains a couch, a desk, a couple chairs, and a coffee table with the usual tourist magazines. A few feet away is the sleeping area containing 2 beds and nightstand in-between, Our room faced the atrium which is most likely the best view you can have (compared to the Streets).
The balconies are locked and unavailable for use (what a pity). Others have mentioned that there is a piano player at night and that it can be heard. While this is true, we found it quite nice. Lighting is pretty much all or none. The entrance hallway can be lit separately as can the can lights above the bed but otherwise the lighting for the whole room is under one button. In order to use the restroom you need to turn on the lights from the bedroom (not very nice for those late night visits when everyone else is trying to sleep).

Bathroom: The bathrooms are spacious and generally well done. Separate areas for the double sink, shower/tub, & toilet. The only available closet is located in the sink area. When we arrived the bathroom was set up for 2 guests and didn't have towels or robes for 4 (let alone children’s robes) which would seem standard for guests booking a package for 4 to include spa usage. As has been mentioned in earlier reviews, there is no plug for a hairdryer in the bathroom. This is nothing less than absurd as the whole idea of individual bed and bath rooms is to not disturb the whole room while others prepare. Many 5* amenities are missing from the bathroom… i.e. No razors. No toothbrushes, etc.
Soaps & amenities… (Bar soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion) are a housebrand which I enjoyed, but this wasn't appreciated by the other family members. I believe a shower cap, a sewing kit, and a pack of cotton swabs were part of the standard set up.

Etc.. There were a couple issues that made it less than 5*. Booked amenities weren't in the room upon arrival (standard in 5* properties) and my visit to reception got me the excuse that amenities are delivered in the evening (really?). My kids already knew what the room looked like from on/line research so the Easter eggs and strawberries upon entering would have added to their experience (first impressions and all). Also standard in 5 star properties is to have a set up for the children upon entering, this usually is a little doll or stuffed animal of some sort. This set up was missing upon entering…BUT… As my daughters ended up with a bear each and, perhaps, too much, candy… I would guess that aspect of the trip got more than satisfied in the end.

Spa: The spa is rather small yet functional. As others have mentioned, there are set times for children, but that doesn't mean that the pool is reserved for kids, and there were times that out of politeness, that I had to regulate my children to the steps in order to allow other guests to swim laps in the pool. The gym is off limits to children so there was almost no chance of taking advantage of this service. Steam rooms are located within the sex specific changing rooms and are pretty much out of reach for those with children. The hot tub, while small, does offer a forced massage shower head which is nice (and this is available for children as well). The sauna seemed to always be under heated but perhaps this was due to being forced to visit upon opening at 0730(also available for use by children). The "children's toys" were nothing more than standard kickboards and "noodles" that are used in adult pool "fitness" classes. Not really a problem as this is a spa and not a kids pool. There are goggles available upon request. A small lounge with 4 seats provides 3 varieties of juices, a basket of fruits, and newspapers. As there were no childcare services available from the hotel we were not able to really take advantage of any of the "treatments" offered by the spa

Housekeeping: Basic amenities (soaps, towels, pens, paper, etc.) were replaced twice daily from what I could figure out (I have a habit of taking pen and paper with me wherever I go so I did take note of pen replacement.
The 2 robes we got from the start were never replaced after we tossed them in with the dirty towels and I had to resort to going down to the spa to get new robes for our daily visits.
They did take the time to nicely arrange the kid’s dolls on the bed and fold a couple PJs that had been tossed in hurry.
Other than a lack of robe replacement & children's robes (which is major for a spa package), I found no real problems with housekeeping.

Breakfast: Unbeknownst to me, Weekdays the "English breakfast" is served off of a menu but on weekends the hot dishes are served buffet style. The 2 weekdays we were there, I enjoyed the breakfast and found it to be well worth the asking price. The 2 weekend days were less than ideal and had I paid £30 a person, I would have left quite frustrated as none of the hot dishes were worth my time. I.E. basic dishes that didn't include higher end items such as the crab cakes, asparagus, fish, etc. The eggs benedict were hard and crusty both days (both the muffins and poached eggs). French toast is usually a favorite in my household (every weekend I make a big “American Breakfast”) but went untouched as it was dry and solid at best (both days). The habit of placing the bill on the table while in the middle of the meal is just abhorrent (even TGI Friday's train their servers to wait until the end of the meal). I sat down to lipstick one day on a white coffee cup (details, details details), could this really not be seen by staff?. Unpolished silverware is not the mark of a 5*. Brown over-ripe bruised pineapple? In a 5*? Really? Take the hit. Throw it out. Don't serve it to your guests. Coffee is the weak "American" style and in order to get anything with a bit of flavor I needed to order a "triple" espresso.

Odd Note… One morning I ordered a coffee once before my family came down for breakfast and got hit with a £7 bill. As it wasn’t actually part of breakfast, I can’t really complain …but… it would have been a nice gesture on the hotel’s part to offer me such.

Location: Don't let Google maps fool you. This hotel is not in a central location unless you desire to visit the Sherlock Holmes museum or Regent’s park. To get anywhere "touristy" you will need to have some form of transportation and your choice will be either some form of public transport for £10-20 (for a family of 4) or a taxi for £10-15 . We took taxis everywhere and this added a good £50 a day. Public transport may be cheaper but is hardly worth the savings by time you carry around 2 kids and try to figure out the proper routes. While there are shops and restaurants on Baker street and the surrounding area, none of them are very much ideal when it comes down to tourism. Marylebone station is indeed right across the street but I’m not sure what good that is unless you’re coming from or going to place served by the station.

Building: Large, spacious, and well done. The building is from the old "railroad" times and is pleasant to be in. My 6y.o. helped me decide on this property on aesthetics alone. It is beautiful, no doubt, but so are many other 5 and 4* properties in London. The winter garden is quite nice. The “secondary” entrance/reception is actually nicer than the one currently in use & contains the main lobby for sitting/resting/waiting/socializing/etc.

Staff: Generally pleasant and polite. Staff met in the hallways were polite and used formal terms (Sir, Ma'am) versus Mr. Smith or Mrs. Jones, etc.

Breakfast staff seemed a bit stressed and less apt to be service orientated versus proficient.

Spa staff...While polite, seemed suspicious every time I needed to go down and ask for robes for my family due to not having any in the room (I wasn't going to take my 6 y.o. daughter into the men's changing rooms with me and therefore wanted to bring her down in her bathing suit. They were more than happy to lend gear such a goggles for the kids. The first 2 days they took my 6 y.o. into the lounge and served her juice while I went and changed. Generally pleasant but certainly concerned as to cost control as seen by the robes and the need to sign in and sign out

Doormen were always polite and ready to do their jobs. Upon leaving for dinner one night we noticed it was raining and the door staff were ready with umbrellas instead of having to head back up to our room. One of the doormen in “formal dress*at the secondary entrance was more than happy to pose for pictures with my family which, while expected, was still nice.

Reception was polite the few times I had any interaction with them. Although I arrived quite early, they were apologetic as to room not being ready. The apologized that I had to wait for check-out. They apologized that they couldn’t put gratuities on my bill. None of this was a problem for me (other than the gratuities and the extra cost that came from me requesting such).

Concierge: I came in with my trip pretty much planned and didn't really need the concierge service. For our return trip home, I needed direction to London City Airport. I went directly to the concierge for this information and we determined that a cab would be the most convenient. I will place no blame on anyone for this problem, but for some reason or another, the cab driver was informed that we would be going to Heathrow. I know for a fact that it wasn't me. I also know for a fact that it wasn't the cab driver. I believe the problem was that a different concierge dealt with my wife while I was checking out with reception. Perhaps the communication wasn't clear as my wife is a native French speaker. It cost me almost £200 and 2 hours to get to the airport that I had specified earlier. Details. Details. Details. Anticipation. Knowledge of clients. Etc. To me, a 5 star will make note of earlier client concerns and communicate such amongst departmental staff. When I state to the head concierge that I want to go to x location upon my departure from the property, the others should be informed of such versus contacting others in my party that may not have concerned themselves with trip details. I take the overall blame but somehow and somewhere, I just feel the hotel missed out its service duties on this one.

ETC...

Shoe shine service: I admit that I’m a shoe/clothing fanatic. My version of London tourism was to visit Saville row and the high quality clothing makers, (i.e. not made in India Burberry but shops such as Gaziano & Girling, John Lobb, and Cleverley). I'm not sure how they did it, but my shoes returned almost worse than what I gave them. Streaked, dirty, no edge dressing, etc. I could have done better with 10 minutes of my own time. Needless to say, I was quite happy that I didn’t give them anything that cost more than £400 pounds (Crockett & Jones versus Edward Green). If you do not have the capability to do it right, is it perhaps better not to offer the service? Northampton is a treasure trove of high quality footwear, I would guess many of your guests are wearing such. A single pair of shoes can cost the same as a week stay in your hotel. Again…Just a bit more attention to detail.

Payment…I was a bit surprised that upon check-in that they needed to charge not only the 4 nights stay, but another night's worth of deposit for the 10 soft drinks that were in the mini-bar. Not a problem but perhaps something to think about should your credit card have a limit less of X amount and you want to use the same card for the entire trip.

Irons: Based on previous reviews on this site and management responses, I went to reception and asked directly for a steam iron. I was given the basic cheap high heat, burn your clothes C*%p iron instead. Again. Details. Details... As a 5* property it is NOT my job to chase hotel staff. Besides, what type of hotel believes that non-damp clothes can be ironed without steam?

Tips/gratuities: These need to be left on an individual basis and the hotel is not capable of distributing such at the end of your stay. I wanted to leave £200 on my credit card upon check out, to be given equally amongst the various departments, but was instead given a couple envelopes and an "advance" on my credit card (for a £10/20 fee of course), in order to satisfy what I consider to be a basic part of a hotel stay.
Childcare: While there is no direct childcare service available from the hotel, they do have an outside service which is recommended (but this means that most everything has to be planned in advance by the client).

Conclusion: Would I come back...Yes. Would I recommend the hotel to others? Yes again. …BUT.. It would most likely be because my children enjoyed the hotel and that it is an enjoyable property overall. I myself would push to try something else. There are much more conveniently located hotels for tourists in London and I would hope that many of them would offer a service that is a bit more anticipatory (4 people, 4 robes [2 for children]). Having doormen, large rooms, a spa, and a nice breakfast (for £60 more) does not a 5* make. As another recent reviewer stated...It's a "good hotel but not excellent". Location is less than ideal (the day of train tourism is pretty much dead). Service is less than ideal. Client knowledge and anticipation is less than ideal. Basic layout of rooms, the bathrooms, electrical systems are less than ideal. Out of my total bill, I would think that I paid much more than needed for the less than ideal services provided. Without the package deal, I would have taken a less pricey centrally located 4* or a more expensive centrally located 5*. The "basics" are here but there is nothing that really gives a hint of that ever famous marketing term "differentiation" let alone the “wow” factor that needs to be present in such properties. I will state again that I liked the property and that I had no real “problems” BUT I found very little difference between The Landmark and many of the 4* properties I’ve stayed in.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are most likely the nicest as there seems to be nothing worth viewing street side.
Booking tip… If costs are an issue, try to get a package that includes, Wi-Fi, spa, breakfast, and something else. As a family, for the extra 60 a day, I found the Easter package a good deal. My wife and I used our smart phones with Wi-Fi daily. We as a whole family used the spa daily. The breakfast, no matter my complaints, is nice to have before heading out for an 18 hour day of tourism. While I-m sure they gave housekeeping extra work, the kids loved the chocolate Easter eggs. If you don-t use the services daily, it won’t add up, but for us, it worked out quite well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank theswissmister
Dear theswissmister,

Thank you for taking the time to write your extensive review of our hotel.

I do believe that in general you and your family enjoyed your time with us, and I am extremely pleased to hear that. Our team work hard to ensure all our guests’ stays are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I am glad that on this occasion they do seem to have been able to do so.

I understand that there were, however, some shortfalls in service, for which I would like to sincerely apologise. Thank you for your comments regarding your shoe shining service, which I will pass on to the relevant teams so that they may re-assess any procedures necessary. I was also disappointed to learn that the correct number of towels and robes for your family were not present upon arrival, nor were the amenities included in your package. Please be assured that this is of course not our usual standard, and I will discuss this personally with the heads of departments in question, so that together we may ensure no future shortcomings for our valued guests.

I am very proud of the memorable experiences our team members consistently create for our guests, and I was very happy to read about yours. Your feedback has been extremely valuable to us, and I do genuinely appreciate the time and effort taken to share it with us.

I do hope that in the near future we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to The Landmark London, for another enjoyable and memorable experience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I felt the need to share my experience with other families that may be traveling to London. The Landmark Hotel is excellent, the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The concierge is very knowledgeable and helpful, service is exceptional and the room service is quick and delicious.

Location, Location, Location. We could get everywhere in London. The hotel is walking distance to Hyde Park, Regent Park and delicious restaurants. Getting anywhere else was an ease using the metro, which is convienently located just outside the hotel doors.

Our rooms were ideal for a family of 6. We stayed in two rooms that joined together through a shared door. The bed was very comfortable and each room had large bathrooms.

The gym was great with updated equipment, including Kinesis Machines!

Highly Reccommend

Room Tip: The family suite was taken. Instead we asked for two rooms with a shared door. Worked out well!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear TheHessFamily,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that you all enjoyed your time here at our hotel so much, and that the flexibility of our guest rooms afforded you so much space. Our location indeed does make it so easy to move around this incredible city, so I am pleased that you were able to do this without a problem.

It is extremely rewarding for our teams to be mentioned in our guests’ reviews, so I will happily ensure that our Concierge team receive your kind words. I will also pass on your glowing feedback to all our other team members, as they really do enjoy hearing it. Thank you also for your comments regarding our Health Club – I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to try the newly installed equipment during your visit.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to our hotel, so that our team may have the opportunity to create another outstanding experience.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were given one of our favourite rooms on the second floor near the back lift, handy for taxis!
We stay here regularly now, the parking is so easy, and Eustace is the best doorman in the World, by the way.
The rooms are large and elegant, and the service unobtrusive. Wonderfully extravagant breakfast
in the tallest conservatory Winter Garden I have ever seen. Always look forward to that. Walking distance to some great restaurants on Baker Street, ie Galvins highly recommended. We saw several celebrities walking into the Chiltern Firehouse, Londons hottest new restaurant, which is very near. Even if you can't get a table there are several bars etc nearby in this very cool corner of London.

We are already planning our next stay with Anastasia the manager, who could not be more helpful. Thanks again for a lovely break in London.

Room Tip: Having stayed throughout the hotel, I have to say, all the rooms have their charms, the cozy ones on...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear artiqe,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on this website.

Needless to say, reading your review was an absolute pleasure for me, and indeed our team! I was delighted to learn that as a regular guest, we are able to exceed your expectations on a consistent basis. Indeed, more than that, I was thrilled to read your comments about both Eustace and Anastasia. Both of these individuals are true assets to our team, and I will ensure your feedback and thanks is passed directly on to them.

Our Winter Garden set in the spectacular setting of our glorious atrium really is so beautiful, and I am so pleased that you are able to enjoy it during your visits. We are extremely lucky to find ourselves in this unique, historic building, and I so enjoy reading about our guests’ own appreciation of it.

I do hope that your next stay is not too far away, and that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to your home away from home.

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Landmark for a Saturday night in late June. We booked a Superior room (which is the hotel's standard double room), and were allocated one on the 5th floor.
On arrival at the hotel we were greeted enthusiastically by every member of staff we met as we walked through to reception. We arrived early so our room wasn't ready but the staff couldn't have been more helpful offering to look after our luggage and to telephone us as soon as we could use the room.
The bedroom itself is huge, for a standard room. The bed is large and comfortable, the decor is all tasteful and well-maintained and the bathroom has a powerful shower, a large bath and spotless white towels.
Breakfast on the sunday morning was very good. At £29 the full English breakfast isn't cheap, but we treated ourselves and found everything to have been freshly prepared, and very tasty. The fruit selection was fantastic with fresh strawberries, blueberries, massive raspberries, and the pastries were obviously just a few minutes from having left the oven.
The hotel location is convenient, right beside Marylebone Station and a few minutes walk from Regents Park (We were lucky with excellent weather which gave us the opportunity to walk off the huge breakfast around the park). We later walked through the Marylebone district to Oxford Street and Mayfair- it is a lovely area with places to stop and drink every few hundred yards.
We had checked out of our room before leaving, and the staff offered to store our luggage until we were ready to collect it later in the day. At checkout we waited all of 30 seconds to be attended to, and received an apology for the delay! The service and friendliness of the staff is the best we have experienced anywhere.
The central 'Winter Garden' covered courtyard area is a real asset; used for breakfast and for drinks later on, a piano playing during the afternoon and evening, and making an ideal place to sit and relax for a few hours. It is a lovely hotel, relaxing and friendly and we would definitely use it again when staying in London,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank david w
Dear david w,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to read that your experience here at our hotel was such a positive one, and indeed that our team provided such a warm welcome. Our rooms are indeed some of the most spacious in this magnificent city, so I am pleased that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of yours.

Our team work hard to ensure that high standards are maintained consistently, and I am glad that you noticed this during your stay. Our sumptuous breakfast created by our highly skilled team of chefs is a highlight for so many of our guests, so it is lovely to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy it. I am delighted that you also enjoyed our spectacular atrium, and overall were able to relax and unwind.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you both back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be another wonderful stay.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel clearly deserves it's high rating and we're likely to return! Our room, a family suite overlooking the luxurious atrium, was among the most spacious and well appointed rooms I've ever had. The shower was absolutely the best! The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. The concierge services were very personable and efficient. We appreciated the hotel's location close to Marylebone High Street, where there are a number of charming shops and restaurants, and within a short taxi ride from both Regent Street and Knightsbridge. The children felt like nobility during our stay, roamed the beautiful ballrooms and hallways, and enjoyed the bakeries behind the hotel at Marylebone Station. We were all pleased to have our distance from the tourist crowds in this quiet and charming neighborhood. Our only complaints are a forgotten wake up call on our last day, inconsistent newspaper delivery and extra charges for wifi service. At the relatively high rates charged, clearly wifi should be included. Nevertheless, our stay was relaxing and quite enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Manning W,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel on this website.

I was delighted to read that your time with us was so memorable, and that every member of your family had an enjoyable stay. Our rooms are indeed some of the most spacious in central London, so I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you all easily, and indeed that you were impressed by the high standards maintained.

It is always our pleasure to ensure our younger guests are well taken care of, and it makes me genuinely proud to read about the outstanding service our team provides. I was sorry, however, to learn that there were some shortfalls in service also experienced, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have passed your feedback on to our Front of House team, so that they may revisit their procedures regarding newspapers and wake up calls. I am sorry if these lapses in service had a negative impact on your stay, however I would like to assure you that we use all our guests’ feedback as learning, and will always ensure any necessary adjustments to processes are made.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you all back to The Landmark London, for another enjoyable experience.

Westport, CT
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I lived on the other side of the city and worked near this location. Many of the times I had to stay in London, I was fortunate enough to stay here. If you're well known, one of the things people like in Europe is that you can be a bit more anonymous. So I'll just say that each time I've stayed I've seen someone that I 'recognized'. The last time was Tom C, a Simply R singer (we rode the lift, he wasn't happy that day..), one of my favorite English actresses, and Meatloaf being interviewed in the lobby (how can I code that name? MeatL).
This hotel has a few years on it now, but by London standards it's a excellent. It's clean and well kept. It's very English in design and offerings if you want that feel. I think the service is of a notably high quality, and people seem to like working there : )
We met quite often in the bar there, and I always enjoyed that as well.
It's a central location and near transport. A nice (and touristy) part of London is within walking distance.
Finally, on the building itself. The construction is substantial. The rooms are quiet and the beds are great. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear E M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was very pleased to read that your many stays with us were so enjoyable, and that on each and every visit you found our standards to be high. I was particularly glad to learn that our team were able to provide such consistently good service also.

We are indeed very proud of our beautiful building, and I am delighted that you appreciated its’ historic charm. Being located so near to many forms of transport does indeed make it easy for our guests to access all corners of this wonderful city, so I am happy that you found it convenient.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next stay at The Landmark London.