“Ok for the price”

The Landmark London
Ranked #53 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Landmark is a beautiful property, but dated and in need of a refurb. The rooms are spacious for London standards, but not up to par. A/C is loud, placed wrong and doesn't ever balance in the room. The TV's are old, remotes are fussy and don't work all the time. Linens are average. Did not eat there, so can't comment. The Mirror lounge is nice, comfortable and provided great service. Front desk staff also extremely polite and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank AMERinLON
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear AMERinLON,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.

Whilst I was pleased to learn that you did enjoy our beautiful surroundings, I was sorry to read that we were unable to meet your expectations on all levels, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We do take on board all our guests’ comments regarding our guest rooms, to ensure we are offering the highest standard of product. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with some of the décor, however I was also concerned to learn that there was some maintenance issues also. I would welcome the opportunity to look into these further, and ensure the appropriate action is taken, and would therefore be very grateful if you would share a little more information with me regarding your stay. I can be reached directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

However, I am glad that your experience in our Mirror Bar was enjoyable, and indeed that our friendly and helpful Front Desk team left such a positive impression on you. I do hope to hear from you soon.

Andrew Batchelor

Write a ReviewReviews (3,021)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

my wife and I went to The Landmark to celebrate our wedding anniversary and my birthday.
Once arrived at the reception desk, a very helpful lady, Mrs. Sabata from Italy, was explaining everything about the hotel and our package. She took us for a tour of the hotel too.
She really let us fell in an excellent five star vacation.
The hotel is great, clean , quite ... perfect. We used the SPA every day and it is another important attraction of the hotel.
The Landmark is elegant and the staff perfect.
In the future we always will be back there , when in London...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chiara D,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on this website.

I was thrilled to read that your special occasion was such a success, and that we were able to help you celebrate. I was very proud indeed to read about the warm welcome provided by Sabata, and I will of course ensure that your kind words are passed on to her.

Our Health Club and Spa indeed is one of the highlights of our hotel for so many of our guests, so I am delighted that you had the time to make use of it. Our team do work exceptionally hard to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I was very happy to learn that they were able to do this for you during your stay.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for another unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My third stay in 12 months and the service has remained constantly at an excellent standard. Yes, its pricey but one can pay as much at other London hotels and not receive any where near the superior attention that one receives at The Landmark. Rooms are of a generous size and staff are helpful, polite and friendly. Obviously management of this hotel is in very capable hands.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear SrqMike,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was of course delighted to read that your third stay with us was as enjoyable as the previous two, and that the service you receive is consistently of such a high standard.

Our team do work extremely hard to ensure all our guests are made to feel as comfortable as possible during their time with us, and that all expectations are exceeded. I know it makes them extremely proud to read such positive feedback, so I will ensure yours is passed on to them.

Thank you very much indeed once again. I hope that your next stay is not too far away, and that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is hotel is one of the best in london
We had a wonderful 9 days stay in this hotel

The rooms are big

Close to the train station and underground

Close to Baker Street

The only thing should be improve is the breakfast
1- there is no hot dishes u have to order them

2- the selection of breads and chease are limited

But over all it is a wonderful hotel

I would like to thank the all staff for a great job
And the general manager for leading this hotel

Will come next time

Highly recommend

Khalid Abdulrasoul

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Khalid A,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on this website.

I was delighted to learn that your 9 days here were such a success, and that our team were able to create such a memorable experience. They do work hard to ensure all our guests’ expectations are met, and I was so pleased to learn that they were able to do so for you.

Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast, served in the spectacular setting of our Winter Garden. We do take on board all our guests’ feedback, and I will ensure that our dedicated team of chefs receives yours, and of course take any necessary learning to enhance our offering for our valued guests.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for another thoroughly enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed at the landmark on a business trip however I couldn't but appreciate the excellent breakfast that this luxury hotel had to offer. Great location and very professional staff. Will definitely choose the Landmark again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank john_smith_borg

Dear john_smith_borg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to learn that your experience was so memorable, and that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury afforded by our hotel. In particular, I was pleased to read that our team members made such a difference to your stay, and that we were able to meet your expectations on all levels.

I do hope that we will soon indeed have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful experience.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was staying at The Landmark for a night last week and wanted to have an early dinner in The Winter Garden (which I'd had highly recommended to me) but unfortunatey they were still serving afternoon tea. They suggested I go to the TwoTwentyTwo. I was unsure about doing so but I'm really glad I did.

The lady at the door (I think her name was Loreena) was really helpful. I told her I wasnt sure about staying and she convinced me to stay for at least for a drink. I decided to stay but the table I liked wasn't ready however Loreena got it sorted for me so quickly I thought that if this is the level of servce I would definately stay.

The food was excellent and the atmosphere that of a very superior restaurant however it was the level of service that impressed me most. Even the manager Agatha came over with a complimentary petit four with the engraving 'thanks for choosing us' at the. Very impressed. I've stayed in hotels all over the world but I'll definately be coming back to this one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank John J

Dear John J,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that your experience was so memorable. I am sorry that you were unable to dine at your first choice of venue; however I am so pleased that we were able to welcome you to our twotwentytwo restaurant.

Our team in this restaurant are indeed extremely efficient, and I was so pleased to learn that the welcome they provided you was so warm. It is such a pleasure to read about the memorable moments our team are creating for our guests, and I will be happy to ensure that both Lorena and Agata read your lovely feedback. We do value all our guests’ comments, so thank you once again for sharing them with us.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful stay, and another superb meal.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Everything well almost everything was great however no beer available and the Wi-Fi was £12.40 for 24 hours even by the Landmarks standard it is a rip off. This is the first hotel that I would have paid extra for Wi-Fi in at least 4 years. The rest was superb the staff are very helpful all the food and drinks that we enjoyed were excellent.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the Atrium I am guessing that all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank middle53

Dear middle53,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was pleased to read that you did enjoy your overall experience with us here, and that our team were able to create a memorable experience for you. Thank you also for your kind words regarinf the food and beverage you enjoyed.

I was, of course, disappointed to read that the charges for our WiFi were not what you were expecting, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused. We have recently changed our pricing structure, so that all guests may enjoy complimentary access to our WiFi network for two hours, and we do also have at our guests’ disposal a Business Centre, open 24 hours per day, allowing access to the Internet.

Just to let you know, we do offer packages for our rooms that include access to the WiFi, meaning no additional charges are incurred, which you may find useful for the future. However, I do take on board your comments, and thank you for taking the time to share these with us.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future, and restore your faith in us.