“The very essence of a great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Landmark London

The Landmark London
Ranked #48 of 1,089 Hotels in London
San Francisco, California
“The very essence of a great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights on way to Zurich, beautiful atrium, nice well appointed room not cookie cutter, very old school elegance, breakfast was excellent and found great Chinese place nearby for dinner. After leaving the Landmark followed up with a wonderful note of thanks for my stay. Excellent service!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Ondrey L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on this site.

I was very pleased to read that you chose us for your two night stay prior to another trip, and that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious guest room. I was also delighted to read that the service provided by our team exceeded your expectations on all levels.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be another fabulous experience.

Andrew Batchelor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I don't usually stay in hotels this nice, but I had the opportunity recently while attending Wimbledon. Arrived in the morning and enjoyed Brunch in the atrium. Much to choose from and particularly enjoyed the made to order omelet which is a step above the traditional English scrambled eggs. Went to the event and then came back and had a nice dinner in the same location. Our Waiter, Jacques, was very knowledgeable about the wines and spent time talking about how to pair wine with food. Though I did not spend more than one night there, I found the room to be very spacious and comfortable. Great water pressure in the shower which was much appreciated. Also in a very nice part of London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear jc1traveler,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on this website.

I was so pleased to read that you indeed did have the opportunity to try our hotel whilst staying in London, and that your first experience with us was so memorable. I do hope you enjoyed the excitement of Wimbledon also.

Our famous breakfast, served in the spectacular setting of our lovely Winter Garden, is indeed a highlight for so many of our guests. I was so pleased to read that you were able to enjoy it before heading out, and also that you chose to come back again to dine in the evening. Our team are here to ensure all our guests’ experiences are enjoyable, and it will be my pleasure to pass your kind words regarding the meal you enjoyed so much on to our Winter Garden team.

Thank you so much once again for your comments. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another memorable experience, here at The Landmark London.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent hotel for sure I will stay again the service is excellent and all the information that they provided for visiting the city They are very hepful an try all the time that our stay was ok. the room size are huge in comparison with the oder hotels

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guadalupe G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

I was thrilled to read that your experience at our hotel was so pleasant, and that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious guest room.

Our team do work exceptionally hard to ensure all our guests’ experiences are memorable, and that every need is taken care of. It is always such a pleasure for me to share such kind words with them, and I will ensure yours are passed on to all.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will all soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for what I am sure will be another wonderful stay.

st johns, NL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent location, fantastic and helpful staff. Breakfast amazing. Pool lovely,and a treat in downtown london; only complaint was family hours were limited. Expensive but worth it. We stayed in family suite with lots if space, but only had 2 double beds. Given the large size of room,2 queen beds or double and 2 singles would've worked better.

Room Tip: Suite was cheaper than 2 rooms for families with 2 kids.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear sinstjohns,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts, regarding your recent stay.

I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us so much, and that you found our location to be so convenient for your needs. Our superb breakfast served in the unique setting of our stunning Winter Garden is a highlight for so many of our guests, and I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy it.

Our Health Club and Spa indeed is a hidden oasis, away from the hustle and bustle of our magnificent city. I am sorry, however, that you found the hours for our younger guests to enjoy the pool to be limited. Our facility also serves as a private members club, and in order to maintain a degree of exclusivity for them, we do set out specific hours for children to use the pool. However, we value all our guests’ feedback, and always ensure it is taken on board.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope your next stay with your family is not too far away, and that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Landmark is a beautiful property, but dated and in need of a refurb. The rooms are spacious for London standards, but not up to par. A/C is loud, placed wrong and doesn't ever balance in the room. The TV's are old, remotes are fussy and don't work all the time. Linens are average. Did not eat there, so can't comment. The Mirror lounge is nice, comfortable and provided great service. Front desk staff also extremely polite and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank AMERinLON
Dear AMERinLON,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.

Whilst I was pleased to learn that you did enjoy our beautiful surroundings, I was sorry to read that we were unable to meet your expectations on all levels, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We do take on board all our guests’ comments regarding our guest rooms, to ensure we are offering the highest standard of product. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with some of the décor, however I was also concerned to learn that there was some maintenance issues also. I would welcome the opportunity to look into these further, and ensure the appropriate action is taken, and would therefore be very grateful if you would share a little more information with me regarding your stay. I can be reached directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

However, I am glad that your experience in our Mirror Bar was enjoyable, and indeed that our friendly and helpful Front Desk team left such a positive impression on you. I do hope to hear from you soon.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

my wife and I went to The Landmark to celebrate our wedding anniversary and my birthday.
Once arrived at the reception desk, a very helpful lady, Mrs. Sabata from Italy, was explaining everything about the hotel and our package. She took us for a tour of the hotel too.
She really let us fell in an excellent five star vacation.
The hotel is great, clean , quite ... perfect. We used the SPA every day and it is another important attraction of the hotel.
The Landmark is elegant and the staff perfect.
In the future we always will be back there , when in London...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chiara D,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on this website.

I was thrilled to read that your special occasion was such a success, and that we were able to help you celebrate. I was very proud indeed to read about the warm welcome provided by Sabata, and I will of course ensure that your kind words are passed on to her.

Our Health Club and Spa indeed is one of the highlights of our hotel for so many of our guests, so I am delighted that you had the time to make use of it. Our team do work exceptionally hard to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I was very happy to learn that they were able to do this for you during your stay.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for another unforgettable experience.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My third stay in 12 months and the service has remained constantly at an excellent standard. Yes, its pricey but one can pay as much at other London hotels and not receive any where near the superior attention that one receives at The Landmark. Rooms are of a generous size and staff are helpful, polite and friendly. Obviously management of this hotel is in very capable hands.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear SrqMike,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was of course delighted to read that your third stay with us was as enjoyable as the previous two, and that the service you receive is consistently of such a high standard.

Our team do work extremely hard to ensure all our guests are made to feel as comfortable as possible during their time with us, and that all expectations are exceeded. I know it makes them extremely proud to read such positive feedback, so I will ensure yours is passed on to them.

Thank you very much indeed once again. I hope that your next stay is not too far away, and that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London.