“Amazing hotel”

The Landmark London
Ranked #54 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed just one night as we had to leave early the next morning to catch a train from Kings Cross. The reception was well staffed with friendly and knowledgeable people. The check in was smooth and efficient. The room was clean and spacious with some nice touches. The other public areas and restaurants/bars are very interesting to spend some time in. The hotel has a calm atmosphere with an added aura of history. Would definitely recommend The Landmark to oters and stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trevor A
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Trevor A,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that our team were able to provide such a warm welcome to our hotel, and that you found your spacious guest room to be of such a high standard. We are extremely proud of this beautiful building we call our home, and it is always pleasing to read about our guests’ appreciation of it too.

I am glad that your experience here with us was such a memorable one, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here last week for one night , the first impression upon entering the reception area is just amazing the atrium is out of this world , this is where thet serve the afternoon tea , we had a great tea with very attentive friendly staff , spent the evening in the hotel bar and staff here served some excellent wines . Our room overlooked the atrium and had everything you would expect from 5 star hotel . Have to mention the 2 concierge who are so helpful and friendly .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris l

Dear chris l,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel.

I was so pleased to learn that your one night stay with us was so enjoyable, and that our fabulous building left such an impression on you. We are truly fortunate to find ourselves in such historic surroundings, and it is a genuine pleasure to read our guests’ comments about them.

I am pleased that you found time to sample our beautiful Afternoon Tea, and indeed that you were able to relax in our lovely bar. I am delighted also that you found our Concierge team to be so helpful, and it will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to them.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts. I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Really pleased with my stay here. The room was very clean and tidy and the staff were very friendly. Also in a great location close to Oxford Street and Marylebone train station. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lisadempsey
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Lisadempsey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay.

I was delighted to learn that your time with us was so enjoyable, and that you found the standards within our hotel to be so high. Our central location is indeed convenient for accessing all corners of the city, and I am pleased that it was beneficial to you.

Thank you for your kind words also regarding our team. They all work hard to ensure our guests’ expectations are exceeded, and I am so pleased that they were able to do this for you on this occasion. We do look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Room size is very big, service is exceptional, valet and concierge are best in class, breakfast buffet is outstanding and the service staff are friendly. Easy access to anywhere from Marlybone station next door. Things to work on 1) when check out is 12 noon, why not have the restaurant open for lunch at 12? Needing to wait 30 minutes for opening after I've check out meant I went somewhere else! 2) the gym is grossly inadequate, both for size and equipment relative to the number of guests. 3) The wifi porting needs work ie. cutting across from room to Lobby etc - wasted $'s in roaming charges because I wasn't aware I needed to re-login every time I moved around!

Apart from that, a great stay, a great product overall (albeit pricey) and I'll definitely be back. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear ST911,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

It was such a pleasure to read your comments regarding your stay, and to see that your experience here was such a pleasant one. Our team do work exceptionally hard to ensure all our guests’ expectations are exceeded, and it is a genuine pleasure for me to read about it when they do. I will happily pass on your lovely words to our teams.

I am sorry, however, that you experienced some issues during your time with us, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused. We do very much value all our guests’ comments, and ensure that we use these as learning for the future. To that end, I will ensure your feedback regarding the opening times of our restaurant, and the equipment available in our gym to the respective heads of department for their consideration.

I am deeply sorry also that you had issues with the WiFi connection, and would like to assure you that this is of course not our usual standard. We have recently upgraded our system to provide a more seamless service for our guests, and do also have support for this available 24 hours a day. However, I appreciate that this may not have been explained to you fully, and I would like to once again express my sincere apologies.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful stay at The Landmark and I am full of praise for everyone of the staff we had the pleasure of speaking to.
First of all on arrival our room was upgraded to a beautiful suite.
Shortly after settling in, flowers and a card from the management arrived.
We had booked afternoon tea in their gorgeous conservatory/ atrium and this was enhanced by a small cake with a candle and a happy birthday greeting in icing.
A cup cake arrived at our room at 6pm with another greeting.
During a lovely meal with our family in the Two Twenty Two restaurant all the waiters came around to sing " Happy Birthday " with yet another small treat.
A wonderful day in first class surroundings made extra special by all the Landmark staff.
We never did get the wi-fi to work despite the best intentions of housekeeping but it didn't matter.
Thank you once again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dave S,

Thank you for leaving your comments on this website, following your recent stay.

It is absolutely our pleasure to ensure all our guests celebrating special occasions are well cared for, and I am thrilled that our team were able to create such a memorable experience for you both. We do believe that the details make the difference, and I am so pleased that your wife enjoyed the small gestures offered by our teams in our restaurants, and indeed those prepared for your room.

I am so sorry, however, that we were unable to help with your internet connection, and do hope that this did not impact your stay in any way. We do have support for this service available 24 hours a day, however I am very sorry if this was not explained fully to you.

Nevertheless, I am pleased that your time with us was so enjoyable, and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back in the near future, perhaps for another special celebration.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is really well situated.
I've stayed here previously.
Reception staff and porters were very helpful and pleasant.
Rooms are a good size and wifi is reasonable.
Shower was really good. Bathrooms etc all comfortable.
Beds are very comfortable and the curtains black out the room nicely.
I was woken up early by a porter by mistake and they were quite apologetic.
I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear cilliant,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on this site.

I was happy to read that as a retuning guest, we were able to exceed your expectations on this visit also. I am always so proud to read positive comments about our team, and I will be sure to share your kind words with our Reception and Concierge teams.

I was sorry, however, to learn that you were disturbed early in the morning, and I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. I will pass on your comments to the relevant departmental heads, so that they may conduct the relevant investigations with their teams. I am so sorry if this impacted your stay in any way.

I do hope that indeed you will choose us again for your next stay in London, and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once more.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family recently stayed at The Landmark Hotel and we had such a very nice stay. The staff is so very courteous and pleasant. My daughter's luggage was lost by her airline for much of our trip, and despite us checking out to go to Paris - their staff (Jakub, the concierge) stayed in contact with us and accepted her luggage when it was finally delivered so we could pick it up on our return to London. My daughter treated herself to the breakfast at the hotel which she mentioned several times during our trip. The hotel is beautiful and it is across the street from the Marylebone underground station and just a short walk to the Baker Street station. I only wish we had included their tea service on our "must-dos". We would definitely stay at The Landmark again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cindy B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I was thrilled to read that you and your family had such a wonderful visit, although I was so sorry to read about your daughter’s luggage. I was delighted to read that Jakub was able to assist however, and I will happily pass on your thanks to him.

Our sumptuous breakfast served in the unique setting of our Winter Garden is indeed a highlight for so many of our guests. I am pleased that your daughter’s dining experience was so memorable, and hope that next time you do indeed have the time to try our delicious Afternoon Tea.

I hope that the rest of your trip was a success, and look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London in the near future, for another wonderful experience.