“A wonderful hotel & stay!”

The Landmark London
Ranked #50 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“A wonderful hotel & stay!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My husband booked us for a night for our wedding anniversary on the 20th July 2014. We had a lovely time. A very classic and beautiful hotel in Marylebone. We were able to upgrade to a suite at a good reduced price we also had a bottle of champagne and a pretty decorated cake left for us in our room. The suite was a lovely size (Marylebone studio no: 423) nice and big. Very clean with fabulous views overlooking the Winter Garden below. No noise either very quiet where we were. Breakfast was good. We chose the traditional full english breakfast which was nice. I wasn't keen on the scrambled eggs myself and I didnt try the black pudding but the rest was lovely. Great array of choice for the continental breakfast, (they have a crepe station) same goes for the breakfast menu itself. All the staff are lovely, always pleasant & nothing is too much for them. We visited the Mirror Bar inside the hotel. A nice small intimate bar, drinks were nice enough. Unfortunately unable to try the 222 restaurant as its closed on Sundays. Looked nice though. A tad on the expensive side (£40 for overnight parking, tbh your better getting the tube/train Marylebone Station its directly opposite the hotel). Well recommended. Will definately stay again! Thank you Landmark for a wonderful anniversary.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicola D
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Nicola D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this site.

I was thrilled to learn that your time with us was such a success, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience. It is truly a pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend their special occasions here, and I am delighted that yours was so enjoyable.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious suite, and that the small gestures organised by our dedicated team made a difference to your time with us. I am glad that you had the opportunity to visit our restaurants and bars, and that you enjoyed our sumptuous breakfast, which indeed is a highlight for so many of our guests.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for another fabulous stay.

Andrew Batchelor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

As soon as we registered we were upgraded to a luxury suite, The Landmark suite. It was huge. Large sitting room with small kitchen off it. Two loos! Large bedroom all very comfortable. Our only complaint was the bloody awful remote control system for the TVs, you have to go through the menu to get to each channels, it was very aggravating. Oh, the other thing is avoid the boiled sweets on the reception desk, I broke a tooth in half on one of them. Very good breakfast in fabulous setting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louise A
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Louise A,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I was delighted to learn that our team were able to provide such a warm welcome to The Landmark London, and that you enjoyed your spacious room. I was also glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our sumptuous breakfast, served in the unique setting of our glorious Winter Garden.

I was sorry however, to learn that the remote control in your guest room was not functioning correctly, and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I do hope that in the near future, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel, for another fabulous experience.

London
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I booked a Deluxe Room GBP312 - and whilst spacious found the room to be dated, worn and old fashioned. The bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable - I did not sleep well at all. Room service was extremely expensive, uninspired menu and bland tasting. Expensive WiFi fees.

Really a struggle to find anything positive to say - I won't be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LondonMsR
Dear LondonMsR,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, following your recent stay with us.

I was so disappointed to learn that on this occasion, we were unable to meet your expectations, and I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere apologies.

We value all our guests’ feedback, and always use it as a tool to help us improve for the future. As a result, I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your stay, if you would be so kind as to share a few more details with me. I can be contacted directly at Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk, and I would be extremely grateful for any further information you could provide.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

London
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is in a good locaion. The underground sits just behind and is linked a bonus for those travelling via rail.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable.The breakfast was well prepared and not too dry when warming on hot plates. A tad over priced but the location and decor makes up for the charge.

Room Tip: Excellent for a theatre trip or Christmas shopping!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Smurf027,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and that our central location was convenient for your needs. Our team works hard to ensure all our guests’ expectations are exceeded, and I am always delighted to read about it when they do.

I am also thrilled that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast, and that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious guest room. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in one of the family rooms at The Landmark hotel.

This hotel was right opposite Marylebone Station and couldn't have been easier to access. The doormen were an absolute delight and it was a pleasure speaking to them each day.

The hotel was extremely welcoming and we were pleased that our room was available to check into several hours prior the usual check in time of 15:00.

The room was beautiful, very spacious and clean. We were greeted with a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries, a plate of cookies and a welcome card from the hotel manager. A lovely and a delicious touch.

Also on the morning of the birthday I received a card and a cupcake from the hotel in the room wishing me a happy birthday. Really, lovely.

The bathroom was also very large with a shower, double sinks, walk in wardrobe and a deep bath.

The hotel was strangely really silent. Being opposite the station I expected at a minimum noise from the station but the rooms were very sound proof.

House keeping tidied the room beautifully each day and drew our curtains for us before our return each evening.

We sampled the chocolate afternoon tea at the hotel which I would recommend. The staff were lovely and really helpful. We were even given a posh doggy bad to take what we couldn't quite finish with us.

The spa in the hotel is rather average. It's close to one of the restaurants and smelt a bit foody. It could use a bit of a facelift. Again though the staff were lovely and the changing room facilities were good complete with showers, hair dryers, straighteners, toner, moisturiser etc.

Breakfast is recommended at the hotel. I would say it's the best breakfast I have had at a hotel. A buffet style at the weekend with cooked to order weekdays. The select was vast and all was fresh and delicious.

All staff at the hotel, especially the waiting staff were delightful and genuinely seem happy to help.

I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely return. This tops any other 5* hotel I have stayed in in London.

We got a special rate when booking as well which was a bonus.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Elle-M10,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I was delighted to learn that your two night stay with us was such a success, and that our team were able to provide such a warm welcome. We do genuinely believe that the difference is in the details, and I was so glad to read that you appreciated the small gestures organised by our teams.

We are always honoured that our guests choose to spend their special occasions with us, and I am glad that our team were able to make your day that bit more memorable. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our sumptuous Afternoon Tea so much, and it will be my pleasure to ensure your lovely feedback is passed on to our team.

I was sorry to learn, however, that our Health Club and Spa did not meet your expectations, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused. I will pass your comments on to our Health Club Manager for their review and action.

Overall, however, I was pleased to read that your time with us was so well spent, and I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London, perhaps for another special occasion.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Staff were friendly, helpful and happy to help. The room we stayed in exceeded our expectations and facilities were excellent. We used the spa in the evening and it was a lovely way to end our evening. My only regret is that I am not a big eater in the morning as the breakfast spread was amazing. We will be returning soon.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Jaxs65,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

I was thrilled to read that our team here at The Landmark London were able to create such a wonderful experience for you all, and that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious guest room.

Our Health Club and Spa is indeed a hidden oasis, nestled away from the hustle and bustle of this vibrant and ever-busy city, so I am pleased that you found some time to relax and unwind there.

Thank you once again for posting on this website. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back, for what I am confident will be another fabulous stay.

Emsworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed just one night as we had to leave early the next morning to catch a train from Kings Cross. The reception was well staffed with friendly and knowledgeable people. The check in was smooth and efficient. The room was clean and spacious with some nice touches. The other public areas and restaurants/bars are very interesting to spend some time in. The hotel has a calm atmosphere with an added aura of history. Would definitely recommend The Landmark to oters and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Trevor A
Dear Trevor A,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay.

I was delighted to read that our team were able to provide such a warm welcome to our hotel, and that you found your spacious guest room to be of such a high standard. We are extremely proud of this beautiful building we call our home, and it is always pleasing to read about our guests’ appreciation of it too.

I am glad that your experience here with us was such a memorable one, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful stay.