“First London Trip”

Ranked #49 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Wilmington, Delaware
“First London Trip”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was our introduction to London and what a wonderful first impression! I traveled with my daughter and three grandchildren (teenagers) and we couldn't have been more impressed! We had adjoining rooms which was vey convenient for bathroom use. The beds were comfortable. My room had a king sized bed and all the girls had 2 queens. The breakfast buffet was to die for. Everything was replaced immediately and made to order omelets and crepes were delicious. It was by far the best of the 3 hotels that we stayed in during our 9 day adventure. Would love to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank generalnansi
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your experience with us, and that our Breakfast Buffet was the perfect way to mark the occasion. Our team of chefs will be only too pleased to receive your kind words, as they work hard to ensure each and every week we have only the highest quality offering for our guests.

I I do hope that we will indeed have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London in the near future.

Andrew Batchelor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Room 219 has two queen beds that were extremely uncomfortable and miserable. Honestly, it was like sleeping on a pad of cement. I would have been more comfortable sleeping on the sofa.

I expressed my concerns to the front desk and housekeeping and they added a few layers of comforters to the beds. My two children (14 and 11) stayed in that room and my husband and I moved to another room with a king size mattress because that was the only available room remaining for the days we were staying.

My husband and I moved to room 210. The mattress in room 210 was much more comfortable, softer, acceptable. It was a completely different level of comfort.

I was disappointed to see that their "hair salon" was as small as it was for 5 diamond hotel.

Spa appointments are had to come by if you want to use their spa. That's when I called the salon for a pedicure appointment, and noticed how minimal it was.

Room Tip: My advice is NOT to use Room 219. Make sure you ask what view you are receiving prior to booking...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 Thank Irene F
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Irene F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.

I was of course disappointed to learn that we were unable to meet your expectations in all areas, and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any shortfalls in service experienced.

Our team work hard to ensure all our guests’ requests are met, as every individual has slightly different preferences. I am deeply sorry that our beds were not to your liking, however I am pleased that our Accommodation Services team were able to assist with some comforters, and that our Front Desk team were able to organise another room for you.

We do take on board your comments regarding our Hair Salon, and our Health Club and Spa. I am sorry that you felt that these were not of an adequate size for our property, and that you had difficulty in making an appointment. We do always advise our guests to book early to avoid disappointment, and I am genuinely sorry that you were not able to enjoy the facilities as you might have liked.

Thank you once again for your time. We value all our guests’ feedback, and always use it as a learning tool for the future. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Landmark London.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at The Landmark London from Mon Jul 21 - Sun 27th. We arrived in London around 6:00 a.m. and to the hotel around 7:30 a.m. after a very long flight. Check in time at the hotel is 3:00 pm. Before arriving I was told we had to reserve the room for the night before if we wanted to guarantee early check in. I did so, but upon arriving we were told the room was ready and that they would not charge me for 7 but 6 nights since the room was ready. After a couple of hours a note was slipped under the door that we would be charged for all 7 nights . I thought this was poor customer service since we were just told the room was ready and I felt the hotel should have honored what they told us upon check in. We were assigned to room 404 Family room. The room was very spacious but there were two large dark stains in the carpet near the T.V. area and by the second bed. My first impression is at the prices this 5 star hotel charges I expected the rooms to be immaculate. I also wondered what could have possibly happened in the room that would cause such large dark stains in the carpet. I also wondered why the hotel did not replace the carpet. The stains were awful. This bothered me so much I reported the issue to the front desk who said they could move us to a new room, but not until Wednesday. We spent a night away from the hotel but upon our arrival on Wednesday no one followed up with us. We began to feel ignored and unwelcomed as guests. As a matter of fact we rarely received turn down service and I had to constantly call housekeeping for enough towels. There were three in our party but the room was being made up for two people each night. The travel and trip was very stressful and the service I received at London Landmark made it hardly worth the stay. I expected better service. I wouldn't stay here again.

2 Thank Shannon L
Dear Shannon L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this website.

Firstly, please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the shortfalls in service you have described. Our intention is to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and I am deeply sorry that we were unable to create this for you on this occasion.

I was extremely concerned to learn about the miscommunication upon arrival. Indeed, as you would expect, we would charge for each night booked, however if it was mentioned to you that one night would not be charged, then I would fully expect this to be honoured, and I am sorry that this did not happen. Please be assured that this has already been addressed with the team members concerned, and highlighted a training issue for us. We take these kinds of comments very seriously and will always ensure the appropriate learning and action is taken.

I am also surprised to learn that your room did not meet our usually extremely high standards, as this is most unlike us. I have shared your comments with our Engineering and Accommodation Services teams, so that they may investigate further, and take any necessary measures to ensure this does not recur. However, in the meantime, please accept my most heartfelt apologies for not having been able to meet your expectations in all areas.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in us, and welcome you back to The Landmark London in the near future. Should you choose to give us another opportunity, please do contact me directly beforehand, so that I may personally ensure your next stay is nothing short of spectacular. I can be reached at Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk, and thank you once again for your time.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very classic decoration. Very efficient concierge. Super big rooms which are great if you travel with infants. Nice bathrooms but could do better on the amenities for a 5 stars such as Hermes bath products for example which would add a top notch to it which is missing right now. Though, our 3 months old baby had a plastic duck for his bath waiting for him on his bed and I thought that was a delightfull attention. Would go back there.

Room Tip: Facing the road
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank titiparis01
Dear titiparis01,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was delighted to read that your family’s time with us was so successful, and that you all enjoyed your time with us. We do believe that the details make the difference, and I am happy to hear that these were appreciated by you all.

Thank you for your comments regarding the amenities in our bathrooms. We do endeavour to deliver the highest quality of product for our guests, and I am happy to share with you that we are currently looking in to these amenities for our guests, to ensure we are providing the highest quality possible across all areas. We do take on board all our guests comments, and very much appreciate your time in leaving them for us.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful experience.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Landmark London is one of the best Hotel experiences we have had. Staff are all very helpful and polite. The rooms are spacious and the breakfast buffet is outstanding
This is our second stay having stayed 7 days during the Olympics and we will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Tom C
Dear Tom C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on this website.

It is a true pleasure for me to read such fabulous words from our guests, about how much they enjoyed their time with us, and what difference our friendly team made to their stay. I was therefore thrilled to learn that your experience was so memorable, and that we were able to exceed your expectations on every level.

I do hope that your third stay with us is in the very near future, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for another unforgettable experience.

Sandbach, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had another great stay at The Landmark. Never fails to meet all my expectations and the staff are so helpful. Room was really well cleaned and impeccably tidy as always. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Susy R
Dear Susy R,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

As a valued return guest of our hotel, it is wonderful to hear that each and every time you visit, you find our standards to be high throughout the hotel, and indeed that our team are always on hand to help. They are all here to ensure our guests’ stays are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and it is genuinely pleasing for me to read about it when they do.

I do hope that your next visit to The Landmark London is not too far away, and that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to your home away from home.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had the pleasure recently of making The Landmark my home away from home for over a week while on vacation in London. I researched many hotels and really liked the look and location of The Landmark. We were not disappointed. It is in a great neighborhood. Quiet and residential but a quick walk to great cafes, shops and restaurants just a few streets away. In addition, the Marylebone train station is literally right out the back entrance of the hotel. It is so convenient for getting anywhere in the city by tube or to grab a taxi in an instant.
We were able to check in early when we arrived, which was so nice after flying overnight. We had a lovely and spacious room on the top floor overlooking Marylebone Road. I feared this may be a noisy location, but we never heard any traffic or street noise. While the soft goods in the rooms could use some updating for my taste, it was appropriate for the hotel and all was very clean and the bed comfortable. The AC cooled well, which I find critical when traveling and it often lacks in international locations. Not here. The marble bathroom was very nice and the water pressure was wonderful (another pet peeve of mine when it’s weak in hotels). The public areas of the hotel are quite nice, especially the cozy back lobby and the bright and airy atrium. We had breakfast there in the Winter Garden Restaurant and it was delicious. Would have liked to have had high “chocolate” tea there but our busy schedule didn’t allow for it. Next time!
The hotel staff was phenomenal. Everyone we encountered took the time to stop what they were doing and sincerely greet us, catch elevators for us, answer questions, etc. From the front desk, to housekeeping to servers and doorpersons – all were focused on creating a great guest experience. Some of the finer hotels in NYC could take a lesson from The Landmark regarding guest service (I’m talking to you, Plaza Hotel!).
We also dined at 222 for dinner one night. They had great steaks, a charming and funny maître d' and a warm atmosphere. The Mirror Bar is nice for a night cap. A…“happy” local there mistook me for Sean Astin from the Lord of the Rings films one night, which was pretty amusing.
Treat yourself to a stay at The Landmark. You’ll be happy that you did.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew W
Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel on this website.

I am so pleased that during your one week with us, you felt as if you were at your home away from home, as this is the way we would wish all our guests to feel whilst with us.

Our central location in London means that travelling around the city is indeed very easy, and I was happy to read that you found this during your stay. We do always endeavour to help our guests in to their rooms as soon as possible, particularly after ling flights as we do appreciate how tiring these can be, so I am thrilled that your arrival to our hotel was so welcoming.

Our decision breakfast served in the unique setting of our stunning Winter Garden is indeed a highlight for so many of our guests, and I am pleased to hear that it was for you also. However, I am genuinely proud to read about the memorable experiences our team are creating for our guests, and yours is no different. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, I will ensure they are passed on to our teams.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful experience.