“They Get It Right Every Time”

The Landmark London
Ranked #52 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have been staying at The Lamdmark for the past few years and am always impressed with the consistently high standard of service, both infrastructure (biggest hotel rooms in London, by a long shot) and great staff!!

One of the top buffet breakfasts in town.

The only item that needs attention is the gym.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank emondlane
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear emondlane,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

I am delighted to learn that, as a regular guest of our hotel, you have become accustomed to receiving a warm welcome from our friendly team upon arrival. I am so pleased that you find the levels of service to be so high, and that we are consistently able to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our breakfast, served in the glorious setting of our beautiful Winter Garden. This indeed is a highlight for so many of our guests, and I am pleased that you have time during your stays to enjoy it.

I am, however, sorry that you feel that our gym is not to the standard you would expect, and I would be happy to learn more about this, so that I can ensure your comments are passed on to our Health Club Manager for their review. If you do have a little time, and would be willing to share some more information, I can be reached directly at: Hotel.Manager@thelandmark.co.uk

In the meantime, we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for what I am confident will be another enjoyable stay.

There are newer reviews for The Landmark London

Reviewed 24 August 2014

As a regular visitor to London for overnight or short trips I booked The Landmark for the first time and I wasn't disappointed. As a Leading Hotels of the World member I find that all their hotels in London are very good, but the size of the room surprised me. It was positively huge.

Being just outside Marylebone railway station the hotel is very convenient and has an old world charm whilst being bang up to date in terms of service and amenities. There are plenty of staff to cater for your every need and they deliver what they say they they will.

The concierge got me great tickets for a matinee on the morning of the show.

I will stay there again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the atrium
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear ANOR2013,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay.

I was of course delighted to learn that your first stay here with us was such a success, and that our team made you feel so welcome. We are indeed very fortunate to have some of the largest guest rooms in central London, and I am delighted that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of yours.

Our Concierge team are always on hand to assist with any last minute requests, and always so happy to help. I will ensure that your kind words are passed on to them, and the rest of our team who helped contribute to such a memorable experience.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

So this fine hotel is indeed in a great central London Location. It is across the street from the Marylebone Rail Station (via the rear entrance) although I doubt many of the guests use that. It is indeed a nice and grand hotel. It is; however, also rather over-priced. Part of that may be in the number of staff they have plus a halo of who they are and where they are. I observed women, in maid uniforms, polishing the marble walls by hand and two to four doormen at each entrance. The restaurant is nice but VERY expensive. The thing that got me was the added charge, that I did not agree to, as a "charitable donation." They will remove it but you have to ask.

Room Tip: Atrium facing rooms are noisy until things close down as are the main street facing rooms. London h...
1  Thank Erik P
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Erik P,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our central London location, and that you appreciated the historic and beautiful building we are so fortunate to be able to call our home.

However, I was of course disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations on all levels, and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. I was glad to read that you did enjoy your meal, however I am sorry if the price was not what you were expecting. We do regularly check our charges against those of comparable 5* hotels in London, and always find ourselves to be in line. That said, we do take on board all our guests’ feedback, and will always ensure every possible learning is taken from it.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, and restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

POSITIVE THINGS:
- Location: Just perfect
- Hall and inner garden: Very nice and elegant
- Friendly and helpful staff.
- Nice size of the room (executive room, Marylebone Studio, 52sq m)

NEGATIVE THINGS:
- No door separating the entrance and the living room and the bedroom. In a 5* hotel this is a huge miss. You can listen to the things which are happening in the corridor... I had to complain twice one night due to children shouting and running outside my room, and the staff was not so efficient to solve the situation.
- WI-FI far too expensive.
- Isolation of the room not perfect, you could hear the street.

I don't think I'll be back there... The quality of my sleeping was not very good.

1  Thank SoloRaquel

Dear SoloRaquel,

Thank you for posting a review of your time with us on this website.

Whilst I was of course pleased to read that there was several aspects of your stay that were indeed enjoyable, I was sorry to learn that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations on all levels. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I was delighted to learn that you did enjoy the comfort and space of your luxurious Marylebone Studio, and in particular that you found our team to be friendly and helpful. However, I am sorry if you were disturbed by any noise from neighbouring rooms. We do have a Security team on duty 24 hours a day to ensure that no guests’ behaviour has any effect on another; however I am sorry if you felt that this issue was not handled efficiently. Please be assured that this has already been taken up with the relevant departmental heads for their review.

Thank you also for your comments regarding our WiFi system. We do indeed have an option of complimentary service for all our guests, for the first 2 hours of usage. We do also have at our guests’ disposal 24 hours a day, a fully equipped business centre with access to the Internet; however I am sorry if this was not explained fully to you.

I am grateful to you for leaving your honest comments. We value all our guests’ feedback, and use them as a tool to learn for the future, so thank you once again. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, and restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed at the Landmark during a recent business trip and came away impressed with the old world charm and luxury. The check in process was quick and painless - something I appreciated having arrived after a 13-hour flight. Antonio at the front desk was helpful and gave me tips on accessing wifi, a necessity modern-day travellers definitely cannot live without.

My room was comfortable and spacious - I had a room at the back of the hotel and my windows overlooked the majestic Marylebone station. Housekeeping provides a selection of magazines for you to peruse at leisure - unfortunately, I did not have time to do so. My only gripe was that the TV was somehow annoying to 'manoeuvre' and the channels limited.

I would like to commend Arpad from Concierge who helped me with my luggage as I was checking out - he not only reminded me to check the safe and was very courteous throughout, but also kept me company while I waited for my car to arrive.

Room Tip: There are various ways to access free wifi - ask the front of house. There is also a sheet of paper...

Dear kablooi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to read that Antonio was able to provide such a warm and friendly welcome to our hotel, and that from the moment you arrived you felt so at home. Our aim is exactly that, and it is very encouraging to read about the wonderful arrival experiences of our guests.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the comfort, space and amenities of your spacious guest room. I was sorry, however, to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with the operation of your television, and I will certainly pass your comments on to our Engineering team for their review.

Thank you also for your comments about the efficient luggage collection upon check out, and Arpad’s contribution to your departure experience. Again, it will be my pleasure to share your lovely words with Antonio, Arpad, and the rest of our team.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Landmark London, for another unforgettable stay.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you want class and elegance, exceptional service and old world luxury, this is the hotel for you. The General Manager, Andrew Batchelor, made sure that our one day stay in London was a fantastic experience. The wonderfully polite and courteous members of staff made us feel like we were visiting royalty. We are coming back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonFan1606

Dear LondonFan1606,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this website.

I was delighted to read that your experience with us was such a memorable one, and that we were able to exceed your expectations on all levels. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team members – they are all here to ensure each and every guest feels as comfortable as possible, and that we truly are a home away from home. It will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to all.

Thank you once again for your time. I do hope that indeed we will soon have the opportunity to extend another warm welcome to you, for what I am confident will be another outstanding stay.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We attended a wedding at The Landmark, our first visit to Marylebone.
The Landmark is just beautiful.
The staff was very professional - friendly and helpful - and the food was delicious. It was such a nice experience.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
The_Landmark_London, General Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear MB-F2013,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I was delighted to learn that your experience here at our hotel was so enjoyable, and that the event you attended was such a success. Our team are here to ensure that all our guests’ expectations are exceeded, and it is a genuine pleasure for me to read about it when they are.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Landmark London, for another unforgettable experience.