“Lovely hotel convenient for all the London sights.”

St Martins Lane London Hotel
Ranked #76 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We stayed for 3 nights in April the week before the Royal wedding. The weather was lovely and flags were being put up down the mall so we really felt the atmosphere!!
The hotel is lovely, very modern, we loved our room! Comfy bed with an interesting array of lights which changed colour if required!
The staff were all brilliant, so helpful and pleasant, they were always there to help us.
Breakfast was really special, lovely selection of fresh fruit, pastries etc. Freshly cooked hot food if required which was delicious and excellent staff. What more can we say?
Convenient for all the sights, we walked everywhere, on the whole we had a lovely stay, highly recommended!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank nathan1317
victoriastewart, Hotel Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Brilliant, helpful and pleasant staff are a must so it is great to read your lovely comments on the service. Come back and stay again – breakfast awaits you!

Reviewed 3 June 2011

This hotel is walking distance from theatres and Covent garden which makes it a great sightseeing location. The staff are very friendly and attentive, and the room we had was very large, particularly for London! The bathroom
was gorgeous with a large shower and bath, complete with lovely products. We ordered room service supper after returning late from the theatre and it arrived in under 30 mins and was of a very high quality( and hot!!) Wonderful home made chicken noodle soup and club sandwich, and the portions were very generous! My son had a cheeseburger and frankly we could have shared it!!
The whole ambience of the hotel is chic and sophisticated , but is also friendly and welcoming!
I would certainly stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank travelpuss

I am pleased that you would stay with us again and that you enjoyed the chic but also friendly and welcoming ambiance of the hotel. See you on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 2 June 2011

Great friendly hotel in a fabulous location close to nightlife, restuarants and the buzz of the city centre.

Staff were friendly and helpful, any questions were always welcomed with an informative responce.

The Bar downstairs is very sophisticated and nice with a great range of yummy cocktails and glamourous atmosphere.

I will definetly stay again a recommend to family or friends!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank shellie17

Thank you so much for recommending us to you family and friends, that’s always really appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you – and them - to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed at the St Martins Lane London last weekend and I was amazed at the genuine friendliness and exceptional professionalism of all the staff that I had contact with during my stay.From the reception staff,to the restaurant and room service staff,all had time for a chat but also got the job done with no fuss.Whoever does the hiring is right on the money.The food in the Asia de Cuba restaurant was excellent,not eating meat,there were plenty of excellent fish and vegetarian choices available.

I had a very cool,comfortable and spacious,south facing deluxe room on the 5th floor with good views,an enormous bed and a really lovely,tranquil bathroom.You can order dvds if you fancy a night in or just a lazy afternoon in bed.There's a an ample selection to choose from,and they are brought to your room in minutes,free of charge,as is the huge bowl of sweet,salty or butter popcorn you can order with your movies.A very nice touch! I ordered the Cuban Brownie with chocolate sauce,butterscotch thingy and brownie ice cream from room service three nights in a row,it was that good!

Also free internet in the Business Centre.

If you want the centre of London,the West End,moments from Covent Garden,Theatreland,Clubland,culture,amazing shopping,food and the beautiful parks - and also want to feel welcome and comfortable,check in at number 45 St. Martins Lane.

Mark Vincent

Room Tip: The higher you go,the better the views.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank mvv1066

Thank you so much for highlighting so many positive aspects of the hotel and staff, it really is uplifting to read your kind comments. We really do look forward to having you check-in again before too long!

Reviewed 29 May 2011

I stayed at St Martins Lane about 3 weeks ago for the very first time, and I had the best experience I've ever had! Loved the design of the hotel (I'm a big fan of Starck), excellent service and staff very down to earth, naturally cool and friendly!

Will come back very soon, greetings from sunny LA!

• Stayed: May 2011
7  Thank Krosfreeapp

Greetings from Sunny London to Sunny LA and thank you so much for your review – how fantastic to be described as a sparkling diamond! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip and continuing to sparkle for you!!

Reviewed 26 May 2011

Having stayed, drank and dined in quite a few Morgans hotels, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the lovely St Martins Lane. This particular property is much quieter than the other hotels in the Morgans group where guest rooms sometimes feel as an afterthought to the lobby-bar scene.

The hotel is in a great location, stones throw from a tube station, Starbucks and quite a few pubs. A short stroll can take you to all major shopping enclaves.

Speedy, friendly service in the airy lobby. Decor is outstanding, in the expected and very much appreciated Starck way. Oversize chairs, whimsical touches (hello garden gnomes) and a restrained, modern elegance.

I had a standard room, it was expectedly on the small side, but very cozy and made the absolute most of the available space due to great design (desk, minibar, closet, etc...). This is not a hotel you can spread out in but as a solo traveller i was just fine. Bathroom was quite large and the Malin + Goetz ammenities were simply outstanding! Bed was very comfortable and the color control lighting was good fun.

Looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank countrygenjamboree

It is always great to hear from a Morgans Hotel Group fan. I am pleased that we surprised you and that you are looking forward to your next stay – we are looking forward to it, too!

Reviewed 22 May 2011

I decided to celebrate my birthday this year in London and Paris instead of my customary Las Vegas celebration this year. It had been a few years since I had been to both cities and my last memory of London was rainy and wet.

I love all the Morgans Hotel Group Properties in the USA and was familiar with both Sanderson and St. Martins Lane. Upon deciding where to stay a few key requirements came into mind. First and foremost, location, location, location. After traveling a lot for both business and pleasure I find that it's always best to look into the location of the hotel. You might get a better rate elsewhere, but how much time and money will you spend going to where you want to be? The second thing I look for are the restaurants, nightlife, shops, boutiques, sight-seeing, etc. After finding out that Asia de Cuba was inside St. Martins Lane and realizing that St. Martins Lane is centrally located to everything I wanted to see and do my mind was made up!

I stayed at St. Martin's Lane from 05/07/11 thru 05/12/11. I have nothing but rave reviews about everything about the hotel. Let me begin by saying that St. Martins Lane is definitely conveniently located to everything within a very close proximity to: The London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Covent Garden, Picadilly Circus, The National Museum, Trafalgar Square, etc. Furthermore the best places to eat are close by as well. I had a wonderful time dining at Asia de Cuba (2x), La Cusine de Joel Robuchon, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, The Ivy, even Nobu was a quick cab ride away.

Our hotel room was beautiful and extremely well done. I had lots of closet space and even place for my shoes. The bed was really comfy and the hotel had recently installed brand new thermostats so the airconditioning worked perfectly.

The staff provided exemplary service the entire time we were in the hotel. They were helpful with suggestions on places we wanted to go to and also they were more than accomodating with any requests that we had. I was most impressed with Steffi who not only remembered my birthday celebration, but made sure that I was taken care of on all levels. She is definitely an asset to St. Martins Lane and really an outstanding staff member.

On a side note I must also mention that during our stay we did venture to the other Morgans Hotel Group property called Sanderson. It was a beautiful hotel as well and we dined at both Suka and attended the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. I liked the Sanderson too, but I found it not as centrally located to what I wanted to see and do in London. I will say though it was in a good location as well and very close to Bond Street. But since I wanted to do a little more sightseeing and walk more I definitely found that I made the right choice in picking St. Martins Lane over Sanderson.

Other things that stood out about the hotel which may or may not be mentioned are:

1) The hotel has a business center on the 1st floor and there are two MAC computers which you can use (for free). One computer allows about an hour and the other was about 20 mintures free usage. I found this very convenient because I could still check work and personal email, Facebook, Twitter, mapquest, and even print airline tickets without the need or necessity of lugging my own laptop to Europe to use in the hotel room.

2) The hotel is directly door to a gym called Gymbox. As a hotel guest, you can work out there for free. The hotel room even has a white laundry bag that you can put your workout clothes (socks, shorts, tee, etc.) and they will wash it for you so you don't have to keep wearing dirty work out clothes!

3) I was most impressed with the location of the hotel. It really is in the best location of London and walking distance to everything.

My partner's birthday is in December and we are already thinking about going back to Europe to celebrate and I will definitely recommend and rebook at St. Martins Lane in the future!

I will always remember my birthday in London and the amazing time I had staying at St. Martins Lane. What a wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank orderdessert1st
IsabelleFowkes, Guest Experience Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Thank you for your feedback from your stay St Martins Lane.

I am excited to let you know that since your stay with us we have had a stunning renovation and we now have a brand new bar, Blind Spot with bespoke cocktails and a hidden entrance. Asia de Cuba our iconic restaurant has had a make-over including a mouth-watering new menu and we also have a brand new cosy lounge area just off the lobby where you can enjoy a lovely coffee and game of chess.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back soon!