“Turning bad into very good.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St Martins Lane London Hotel

St Martins Lane London Hotel
Ranked #73 of 1,086 Hotels in London
“Turning bad into very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel many times and have always had a good experience. I love the location, rooms, price value and the fact that although getting on a bit.... its still in good shape and has a bit of style. ( Sounds like me LOL)

I am prompted to write now as I wanted to share an example of first class customer service. I always eat in Asia deCuba when I stay and this time invited a couple of colleagues to dine with me. I had raved about the food and to my horror the food on that evening was not good and took an age to be served. I complained on the night and was given a discount off the bill. It did however leave a bad taste in my mouth, literally. On my last evening it was raining so I decided not to venture out for dinner but risk the restaurant again, the Young lady at the desk recognised me as a regular and I told her about my bad experience earlier in the week for no other reason than she asked....

I was shown to an excellent table and had a meal that was as good as I have had there in the past, there was also live music so for a dinner for one it was quite fun. During dinner the manager of the restaurant came and asked about my bad experience earlier in the week, so I gave him the lowdown, again cos he asked not because I was complaining.

Anyway, when I came to pay I was advised that dinner was on the house!

This unexpected and un solicited gesture means that the hotel will continue to get 20 nights a year from my business and the restaurant my patronage and I hope yours...

A simple message to all hotels, mistakes happen....its how you deal with them that determines the impact.

Bravo St Martins Lane and Asia deCuba

The

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Travelheapsoftimes
Jesper_Soerensen, Director of Rooms at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you so much Travelheapsoftimes for this lovely and detailed review of your experience with us here at St Martins Lane. I am personally pleased to read we manged to turn the experience around for you by being so accountable and gracious and correcting our mistake. When you plan to stay with us again please feel free to email me at jesper.soerensen@mhgc.com so I can oversee your booking.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at from Ed, who helped with bags to Carolyn who cleaned our room. The staff was so friendly! Our room was so clean! beds were excellent as well.
Great location on top of everything else! a short walk to tube station as well as Charing Cross Station. Trafalgar, Picadilly, Covenant Garden literally a short walk away! two theatres across the street and a few shops down was the Coliseum Opera House. A Tesco right around the corner if one needed it. A beautiful restaurant with good food and a very friendly staff. I'd come back again just because I felt welcome and appreciated as valued guest.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Willene,
Thank you so much for the praising review of St Martins Lane. We also appreciate your kind words of our team and the special mention of Ed and Carolyn. We are delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us. We are very lucky to be located in the middle of Covent Garden with access to all the west end has to offer. Please feel free to email us at edward.parkes@mhgc.com next time you plan to stay with us.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I've stayed at the St Martins Lane Hotel the past three years. I love the rooms, the Light Bar, and the location. But mostly, I love the friendly, caring, competent, and enthusiastic staff. Since I travel by myself, the personal touch is very welcome. It is always sad to leave.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much Jamesamusich for choosing St Martins Lane as A Wonderful Place to stay. We very much appreciate your loyalty to us and are very pleased you are so appreciative of our teams efforts to make our guests feel special and cared for. We will look forward to having you with us again. Feel free to email us at caroline.evans@mhgc.com next time you plan to visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed here for our 2nd wedding anniversary last year and stayed in the Sanderson for our first and St Martins Lane won hands down. The staff were fantastic from the check in on reception (and the wonderful upgrade when they realised it was our anniversary) to the great staff behind the bar and at Asia de Cuba who were so accommodating and friendly. The location is great and overall the service felt much more personal than The Sanderson, although they did recognise our anniversary with a bottle of wine overall you felt like a guest passing through vs being made to feel special and looked after at St Martins Lane. The Sanderson does have the benefit of of a Spa and I would thoroughly recommend the treatments there but the only real downside of St Martins Lane is a very small bar (we like to sit at the bar for drinks) and its still the winner in our eyes.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for this great review Dentonsdestinations. We are very pleased to see St Martins Lane is your preferred destination and we could be part of the celebration of your 2nd wedding anniversary. Light Bar and Asia de Cuba does have a great menu and atmosphere. Equally do I have to agree that Agua at Sanderson is quite a treat. We will very much look forward to you returning to St Martins Lane again.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Very welcoming staff, the room was excellent and the food in the restaurant was out of this world! The hotel is in a great place for enjoying everything London has to offer and the views on the 6th floor are amazing. I'm definitely going back for another meal and some very good wines. A great stay, we will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kevin,
Thank you very much for posting your experience at St Martins Lane. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. And we have to agree there is some stunning views of London to be seen from our bedrooms. We can't wait to welcome you back to St Martins Lane.
Reading, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

As soon as you arrive at St Martins Lane you know you are in for a special stay. With a friendly welcome at the door, smooth check in, and a personal tour of the hotel for a first time guest.
Our bed was half the size of the room and really comfortable with beautiful soft bedding and fluffy towels.
Amy at concierge was very helpful with fantastic advice where we could eat that evening, and advice on how to get around London.
On our second evening we dined at Asia de Cuba for their Cuban Evening, eating their taster Menu and served by Sam and Selena - both so very attentive.
All the staff while we stayed were all so happy in their work - so thank you all for a fantastic weekend.
P and P

Room Tip: Ask at reception for their best room!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Pat and Paul,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of St Martins Lane. We are delighted to hear you had a First Class Stay and you had the opportunity to enjoy dinner in Asia de Cuba. I will definitely pass your gracious comments on about our team, Amy, Sam and Selena in particular. Please feel free to contact us directly next time you plan to visit London. We look forward to welcoming you again to St Martins Lane.
longsdon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

St martins is an ideal hotel for any type of break in London
Great location. Great food. Great service The hotel is obviously really well managed but in a subtle way. All of the staff take on there responsibilities to ensure each guest has a great stay. This was our second visit and the only time we have revisited a London hotel

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Jesper_Soerensen, Director of Rooms at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you very much Slimlymer for your great review of St Martins Lane. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel during your stay. We will very much look forward to seeing you again with us when you get the opportunity.