“Wonderful stay in the heart of London.”

St Martins Lane London Hotel
Ranked #78 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I traveled to London after a bike and barge trip through Belgium. We had biked 35 miles every day. We came to St. Martins Lane for our last week to relax and enjoy the sights of London. This hotel was absolutely what we needed for comfort, relaxation and seeing the sights easily. The staff was so accommodating. They upgraded our room which was huge and had a large and much needed bath tub!! Our laundry was done within one day and anytime we needed anything from housekeeping it came within 5 minutes. Every time we entered the hotel the staff was welcoming, friendly and eager to help us in anyway. We had delicious drinks in the light bar and the bar was always lively and fun. The light changes in the room and the room design was modern and exciting. Every time I come back to London I will stay at St. Martins Lane as it made me feel like my home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jesper_Soerensen, Director of Rooms at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you very much BettyJohnsob1 for this wonderful review of your stay at St Martins Lane. Firstly a big congratulations and well done from all of us on the 35 miles bike ride - that is quite an achievement. I am additionally very happy to read that our team took so very good care of you and your husband. We do hope to see you again with us soon and please feel free to email nicole.messham@mhgc.com with any requests you might have prior to your arrival. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,874)

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Well what can I say? I've used plenty of hotels in my time. My husband still uses hotels an awful lot for work, in London too.

The service was great from start to finish. I did pay a cheaper advance rate through an agent. I doubled checked with the hotel all was ok. Due to us not getting away without the children very often and having limited time. I didn't want any hiccups.

The hotel were very reassuring. We checked in later than we'd hoped. We were given a free room upgrade and sat there waiting was a handwritten note congratulating us (it was an important celebration) and a complimentary bottle of champagne.

The room was big enough, considering it's used as a base. The bathroom was huge in comparison to those I've seen in Central London. The bath was big enough for 2, it was huge. There was also a good shower.

We had a street view, which was lovely. When outside the noise was immense. This hotel is right in the thick of it. Bars, restaurants, theatres, shops all on your doorstep. So lots of crowds. This however you wouldn't know from inside. The rooms blocked out the noise.

The bed was comfortable, nice and firm. The room had been attended to when we were out, so we returned to lit candles, and a plumped up bed, nice touch.

I hear the rooms are being refurbished in the next year. I hope they don't change too much and it's just a refreshment.

The staff were all so helpful and polite. I wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again, either as a couple or family.

When we take the kids to London, which they love, I would stay here, even at full rack rate. As the service and help takes all the stress out of a visit to London!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Busymummymoo
Jesper_Soerensen, Director of Rooms at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that you and your husband were able to enjoy some precious time together at St Martins Lane. You are right, St Martins Lane is soon to undergo an exciting renovation project, but please don’t worry, we do not intend to radically change the original and unique feel or design of the hotel, we will just be refreshing and reenergising St Martins Lane, introducing more warmth, colour and comfort. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to St Martins Lane in the future. If you need any assistance with future reservations Nicole.messham@mhgc.com will be more than happy to help.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Words cannot express how much I adore this hotel. There wasn't a single missed detail during my three-night stay. I arrived very tired from 22-hours of travel and meetings via taxi. I had the one mean taxi driver in London and his credit machine wasn't working. The bell man -- without even asking -- went to the front desk to get the GBP to cover my LHR > Covent Garden ride. So helpful!

As a vegan, I often struggle to eat, however the extremely caring room service staff personally delivered the veg menu to my door to walk me through my dinner options at Asia de Cuba downstairs. The food was divine!

My garden room with an outdoor patio was tranquil, spacious and so comfortable. I loved that bed! And who doesn't love Malin and Goetz bath products?

St. Martins Lane has become one of my top five favorite hotels in the world. It's worth every pence.

• Stayed: October 2013

We are delighted that you rate St Martins Lane so highly Tara and are glad we were able to offer you a relaxing sanctuary after your long journey, we always take pleasure in rescuing our guests from the hustle and bustle of the outside world. Please come back for another relaxing retreat soon, Nicole.messham@mhgc.com will make sure you have everything you need if you let her know when you next intend to return and we look forward to welcoming you back to St Martins Lane.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

While I always expect quality from a Morgan hotel, St Martins Lane Hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. The staff provided us with exceptional service, from the doormen, the front desk, the concierge and even the manager, everyone could not have been
friendlier or more
accommodating. Our room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom was large and modern and many amenities were available to use or purchase.
As for the location, it is absolutely incredible! It is in the heart of the city and within walking distance are endless restaurants, stores, shops and theaters. We could not wait to get out every day and explore our surroundings. This is a great location for business travelers, as well as couples and families looking for a great central location with a lot of choices for food and activities.

I could not recommend this hotel more. There is no doubt I have found my new "home" in London.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you so much for your amazing review and recommendation, to say that you have found your new London home is a huge compliment. We are so pleased you found our team here friendly and attentive and that they helped to make your stay so memorable. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon, when you have a date in mind please get in touch with Nicole.messham@mhgc.com as she would be delighted to personally oversee your stay.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel more than the once, and every time it meets my standards with the addition of friendly attentive staff. The restaurants food is excellent with the front of house team being truly professional. Sam the restaurant manager is kind and skilled at his work, making me and my friend feel welcome and able to enjoy the high quality we expect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Luke M,
Sam will be thrilled that he helped to make you and your friend feel so welcome in Asia de Cuba, and we are happy to hear that continue to enjoy the high level of guest service we offer at St Martins Lane. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the end of September. I don't think you could stay at a better location; we were able to walk to almost everything and being so close to Covent Gardens was fantastic. We had a studio suite (#205) and the room was large. There were no "drawers" for clothing but there were two sets of shelves and although I brought way too much clothing there was plenty of room. Everything was modern and sparse - exactly how I like it. I think this was the first hotel I've stayed at where I didn't have to request extra towels. The towels were thick and huge and we had at least 6 bath towels at any given time. Bathroom was very large, modern and immaculate. The staff was incredible. They greeted us by name each day and were warm and helpful. All of our requests, for example the coffee/tea set up, were responded to IMMEDIATELY. I was hesitant about going to London with nothing more than a bucket list of places we wanted to visit but the concierge(s) were incredible. Joey and Mike provided information, reservations, suggestions, etc. every step of the way. We even got a last minute reservation for tea at the Ritz, which usually needs to be booked months in advance, thanks to Joey. There is nothing they could have done to make this trip any better than it was and this was one of the most fantastic trips we've ever taken!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Phyllis K

Dear Phyllis,
Your wonderful review is greatly appreciated and we are all delighted that you and your husband had such an enjoyable week with us. Thank you for your great review. Joey and Mike will be touched that their efforts helped to make your stay so memorable. Please come back to see us again soon. Nicole.messham@mhgc.com would love to hear from you with details of your next visit.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed 3 nights while in a business trip in London. The room is small, but clean and nice. Bathroom is super clean and modern. I stayed in the 325 room, which has an awful view, but I didn't need one. I don't recommend the hotel with you're traveling accompanied, because the design of the room is perfect for one person, that's it. Staff is super nice and helpful. They have partnership with a fitness center next door, which is very convenient. Hotel location is great: close to Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and other attractions and main transportation. I would go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear BibiLeite
We are so pleased you loved the location of the hotel and that you would like to come and stay with us again. Next time you visit we would be happy to show you some of our larger rooms as St Martins Lane is a great hotel whether you travel alone or with a guest, please get in touch with Nicole.messham@mhgc.com so that she can personally oversee your next visit.