“Amazing!!”

Ranked #79 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel felt amazing as soon as we were approaching it walking down the street and before we even stepped foot inside. The contemporary furniture and design (by Philippe Starck) was amazing, and there was always something new and interesting to look at. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The room was great, it had changing lights around the bed, iPod docks and all sorts of very cool touches. Check out the fish tank in the lift, that always makes people do a double take. We didn’t eat in the hotel or make much use of the facilities, but what we did see was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MeesterBob
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Sixmj,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at St Martins Lane, it sounds like you have enjoyed every aspect of the hotel.
I’m glad all the staff you encountered were friendly and attentive towards you.
You must try dining in Asia de Cuba when you return - once you've tried it will be one of your firm favourites I promise you that!
Please let me know when you plan to return to us I would be more than happy to help you with anything you need - you can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com

Nicole Messham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Midlands
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The St Martins Lane Hotel and staff made my two long stays (one 3 weeks and one 4 weeks) in December 2013 and February 2014 absolute bliss.

Each and every element of this hotel is perfect – the warm welcome from the doormen, reception staff and concierge, upbeat music and creative interior design, immaculately clean room, crisp linen, comfy bed and pillows, lush toiletries, roll top bath, jet shower, floor to ceiling windows (which you can open for fresh air), mood lighting above bed, excellent breakfast and room service (I was working late every evening so didn’t get chance to try the restaurant) and last but not least a fabulous location for exploring everything central London has to offer from the doorstep and by foot! Oh yes and a fantastic range of cocktails in their light bar – the one in the Tiki glass is best!

You get free access to the gym next door ‘Gymbox’ which opens early till late and has great equipment (cardio and weights) as well as a huge choice of classes.

On my last night the hotel gave me a voucher for a free cocktail and had made me a huge chocolate cake covered in strawberries with writing in chocolate on top saying ‘come back soon’ – such a lovely surprise and gesture.

If I could pick one improvement the hotel could make, it would be to have a spa or in-room treatments service which I would most definitely have made use of during my stay.

I’d never hesitate to recommend the St Martins Lane Hotel to anyone I know and will definitely be back to stay again soon.

Thank you to everyone at St Martins Lane when you read this!

Room Tip: Rooms higher up are quieter - although there's not much traffic noise during the night anyway. M...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Anita,

What an incredible review of your 7 weeks at St Martins Lane – you're part of the family now – we miss you already! It is always a pleasure to welcome our regular guests back home, and it is great that you continue to have a tremendous experience on each stay.

It is so lovely to hear that we have forged an emotional connection with you and that so many of our staff made you feel at home. St Martins Lane is a completely unique design boutique hotel; every aspect of the hotel has been thought through and has a story tell – please feel free to let me know when you return as I would love to enlighten you on some of our hidden stories.
During your time with us you have truly experienced the magic we create here and how we are committed to providing an attentive and surprising guest service.

Touching on your point about Spa treatments as a guest at our hotel you have complimentary access to the spa facilities at Sanderson Hotel which is located on Berners Street just off Oxford Street.

Anita, we cannot wait to have you back with us please keep in touch and let me know when you plan to return on nicole.messham@mhgc.com - we will have the Tiki Cocktail waiting for you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Although the first impression of the Saint Martins is of a trendy - snobish hotel, once you get acquainted with the staff youll find that is home away from home. This is my second time, and I enjoyed it in spite of some minor flaws regarding the lifts, renovation works etc. The reception staff is very friendly and efficient and the concierge´s are the best. The location is unbeatable, in the middle of everything without the noise !!
Be aware that standard rooms are tiny but well equiped and the breakfast prices outrageous. Ah, one last thing, my 13 year old daughter said she never met in any hotel such handsome doormen !!

Room Tip: Top floors are much quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Roberta S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I am happy to hear that you returned to us and it is always so encouraging to see when expectations are surpassed and also that our team was able to make your stay that much more memorable. Thank you for your understanding in regards to our soft refreshment of the rooms which is currently taking place. Please let me know when you plan to return as I am happy to help you with anything you may need. You can reach me on Nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

atlanta, georgia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed at SML last week 2/7 thru 2/13 and as always, I am never disappointed that I chose to return to SML time and again. Ed Parkes, Ahmed, AnnElise, Nicole, Greg--all went above and beyond expectations--and made our stay in London that much more seamless and enjoyable. As always room service was efficient and fast and our room always spotless when we returned from a day out--and that is not said lightly as I was traveling with two sloppy teenagers! We were upgraded from a standard double/double to a loft queen which turned out to be an amazing and spacious room. Ed and Ahmed made sure as we came and went into and out of the hotel each day that we had every thing we needed, front desk staff happily replaced lost keys with a smile--and chocolate covered strawberries sent up to our room one night with a lovely note from Nicole were quickly devoured. SML is ideally located--but its service and warmth are what keep me coming back. I cannot recommend this hotel more strongly. You will not be disappointed.

Dear Katealionsgate,

Thank you for your glowing review of your time at St Martins Lane. It’s always a pleasure to have you and your family with us we look forward to it each time we know you are coming in. We are dedicated to curating original guest experience and ensuring all our guests receive fast and efficient service.
Our Loft double queen rooms are perfect for a family spending a week exploring all London has to offer and I am glad we were able to accommodate you in this room. I have to say anything covered in chocolate is fabulous – I am glad you enjoyed the strawberries.

I am thrilled to see so many individuals helped make your experience so unforgettable. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to everyone you mentioned. Please feel free to reach out to me when you are returning to London on nicole.messham@mhgc.com. Thank you again for your constant support and dedication to St Martins Lane.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The St. Martin's Lane Hotel offers the best location and the best service. Situated in the Theater District, there is always something going on right outside the doors. Inside, the hotel is an oasis that is inhabited by sophisticated global travelers and savvy welcoming staff. I travel all over and this is one of my all-time favorites.

This is an american style boutique hotel. Do not stay here if you are looking for the baroque, rococo, edwardian, or victorian styles. This is an Ian Schrager/Phillipe Starck hotel. It is very 'spare'. If you cannot get in here and want that sort of thing, try the Sanderson.

The beds are very comfortable. The shower pressure is legendary. The Wifi is fast. The furnishings are spare. Asia de Cuba has a great - but pricey - breakfast. The Light Bar is a nice spot, especially when guarded by CJ.

The front desk is very welcoming. I especially appreciate the service and friendliness of Danielle. Ahmed the Bell Dude is totally awesome. Didn't see Eddie or Amy this time.

When I stay at this hotel, i feel like I am at home. I'll be back several more times this year and now all the execs at our company stay here. Why not? When the restaurants of Seven Dials and Covent Garden are so close, there is a starbucks across the street, all the best theaters. Hungry? The Ivy, J Sheeky's, Hawksmoor, Balthazar. Tourist? Trafalgar, piccadilly, covent garden. Shopping? LongAcre, and Monmouth street...You get the picture.

Is it cheap? No. Is it worth it? Yes!

Room Tip: 309 and 503 are really nice. The back of the hotel is quietest.
Dear David,

It is an absolute dream to read your thorough review of your recent stay with us. You have touched on each point of the hospitality we offer and how we continue to impress you. Thank you for your constant support and kind words. It is fantastic to hear that you have formed great relationships with all members of staff – we endeavour to forge lasting emotional connections with our guests.
Thank you for all your kind comments I will pass these on to all mentioned, they always look forward to welcoming you back with a friendly smile and a joke or two!

Our location is superb for a first time tourist or for a regular like yourself – there is always something new and interesting opening or going on just around the corner.
Please reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com next time you plan to come to London so I can personally oversee your booking.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We just checked of the St. Martin's Lane Hotel and miss it already. It is in a terrific location with lots of little restaurants nearby. The staff couldn't be nicer. They made us feel like it was our home and they welcomed us with open arms. My first room was on the small side but I decided to splurge and upgrade. The second room was spacious and bright. Room service was delicious. I ordered the black cod with miso from Asia de Cuba, their in house restaurant. This is a boutique style hotel and definitely worth a try.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your uplifting review of your stay, it is touching to read that you miss us already – our staff sets us apart as they really are devoted to providing an engaging dynamic guest experience. I am glad you were able to see some of our different room types – all our rooms have floor to ceiling windows which enables all the natural light to shine in.
Thank you for your recommendation– we appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back with open arms. Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally oversee your booking, you can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 February 2014

St Martins Lane is a chic, modern boutique hotel right in the heart of Covent Gardens. Very walkable neighborhood as well as just a few blocks from the Tube made this a tourist's heaven. Guests are given access to the Gym Box next door which this California girl thought was the coolest, hottest gym I've ever been to (Equinox, watch out!). The staff at St Martins Lane is knowledgable and very accommodating from restaurant and bar recommendations to simply guiding how to navigate London. I look forward to staying at St Martins Lane again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RSchapi
Dear RSchapi,

Thank you for your delightful review of your time with us. We are glad you got to take advantage of Gymbox located next door to St Martins Lane which all our guests have complimentary access to. All our concierges are committed to knowing all about London and everything it has to offer to make an unforgettable experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back for even more fun and exploring.

Please keep in touch.