“Stunning rooms and outstanding service!”

St Martins Lane London Hotel
Ranked #75 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Stunning rooms and outstanding service!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Simply the best hotel service I have ever received - the staff couldn't do enough to help make the weekend special for my friend's 30th birthday, which included some unusual requests! The room itself was stunning with some of the best views I have seen in a hotel on London and despite being so centrally located had a very peaceful vibe. I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough! Thank you!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anonymously2013
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Anonymously2013,

Thank you for your incredible review. It was so lovely to meet you and all your friends. It is wonderful to read that you experienced the best hotel service this weekend and I’m overjoyed that all our staff were able to make your friend’s birthday memorable.

Please make sure you come to see us again soon, I would love to personally oversee your stay and ensure to make sure your next stay is even more memorable. Let me know when you intend to return, my email address is Nicole.messham@mhgc.com and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Nicole Messham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We have just returned from an excellent one night stay at the Morgans Group hotel in St Martins Lane. The room was fantastic and the staff were most helpful. I was so quiet that you did not know you were in the center of London . The bathroom was well appointed and the restaurants were full so even though we did not eat in the food must be good. The bedroom has funky mood lighting and the bed was very comfortable had no problems sleeping. We are certainly going back for another stay. I would recommend this hotel. The are some refurbishments being carried out up to August 2014 but do not let this stop you staying here. The purpose of the stay was to go to the opera at the London Coliseum which is 2 minutes walk!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Hastings18,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at St Martins Lane. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed all areas of our hospitality. I’m glad that all staff you encountered were friendly and attentive. This is something we really pride ourselves on. Our location is an ideal place to stay for a night at the Opera, with the English National Opera at the London Coliseum being our next door neighbour.

On your next stay you must sample the menu in Asia de Cuba as it continues to impress everyone that samples their incredible menu.
I’m delighted that you plan to return in the future and we can’t wait for you to see our refreshed guest rooms. Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally manage your booking. You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

We all look forward to seeing you soon.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel!!!stayed here for a treat with a work bonus for a night with my fiancé and we loved it!! So modern and funky and in a perfect location!! The bathroom has no door however how it is situated round a corner it didn't bother us. The style of the hotel is so quirky which we loved! Saving to go back!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Becca G,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at St Martins Lane. I’m so glad you enjoyed our central location in the heart of the city, it makes it super easy to get around. We hope our guests find St Martins Lane to be comfortable and relaxing but also with a cool ambience so it sounds like we fulfilled our brief!

Don’t leave it too long until you come back to us, please get in touch with me at nicole.messham@mhgc.com so I can make sure you have everything you need on your next visit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Love this very trendy hotel,always a treat, beautiful rooms and bathrooms. The lighting is sublime, all white decor with mood lighting. Just stayed there for 5 nights and enjoyed every moment! Best martini's I've ever had anywhere served in the Light Bar. Service excellent at the front desk and in the rooms

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gail,

Thank you for your delightful review of your time with us. I am so glad to hear that we have impressed you and that you found that all aspects of our hotel exceeded your expectations.
It really is the highest praise we can receive - tells us we're doing the job right!

Your fresh perspective is invaluable to us. Maintaining our consistent service and ensuring that every guest is treated like family are always at the top of our priority list. Our floor to ceiling windows really allow the gorgeous sunshine to bathe our rooms in light. I'm so glad the sun was shining for your week in London.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can ensure you have another unforgettable stay.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 1 April 2014

St Martins Lane is an amazing place. They deliver on all aspects: Service, friendliness, attention to detail, cleanliness, and design. Upon arrival they upgraded our room because of our anniversary and our room hostess greeted us with chocolate covered strawberries and written note. When time for the late night show in Victoria, they got us to the theatre on time with their private chauffeur. Well done! We'll will come back. A special thank you to the cool concierge and door man. Great job, guys!

Room Tip: Go for superior room on their top floors. You will get a fantastic view of the London skyline at nig...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Mr Pollack,

Thank you for such an incredible review of your recent stay at St Martins Lane. You have touched upon everything that made your stay so memorable. We are a family of passionate individuals dedicated to providing original guest experiences in a friendly and attentive manner. I am so glad we were able to achieve this with you - chocolate strawberries are made to be devoured.

Our Concierge and Bellmen are delighted to have enhanced your experience. Can't wait for your return soon so that we can continue to impress you. Please let me know when you plan to return on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business cum leisure trip and was bowled over by the classiness of the place. Located literally 10 steps away from Trafalgar Square, this hotel has almost every conceivable attraction in London within a walking distance (which for me would be a 30 minute radius) - one can follow the roads leading out of Trafalgar to reach Westminster and from there the London eye or walk to the Buckingham Palace and the Green Park and St James Park, or take a short bus ride to reach the British museum. For shopping, the Strand is nearby and Oxford street a couple of bus stops away. Must also commend the service staff, great attitude, very friendly and go out of their way to help you - something that we really value when traveling abroad with a toddler.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Shubhang_23,

Thank you for your glowing review of your stay at St Martins Lane. Our location is perfect for exploring all of London's main attractions I am overjoyed that you were able to experience all our wonderful city has to offer. When you return we will have to let you in on more of London’s secret gems and walks.

I’m glad you found all staff to be informative and helpful; we are committed to providing the best experience for our guests.

Please let me know when you plan to return to London so that my team and I can organise another fabulous trip for you and your family. You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,850 helpful votes
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stay in hotels a lot & most of them are non events, same old, same old.
St.Martin's Lane however is an exception & a true treat to stay there. Fabulous service, great decor & a real sense of style.
Stayed here mid week on business. They kindly upgraded me to a top floor suite, which was palatial, spacious & stunning. Thank you for a fantastic stay, I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Leedsaway67
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Chris H,

Thank you for you brilliant review of your time at St Martins Lane. We are dedicated to curating original guest experience and ensuring all our guests receive fast and efficient service.
I am thrilled to see so many individuals helped make your experience so unforgettable.
Please feel free to reach out to me when you are returning to London on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

Thank you again for your constant support and dedication to St Martins Lane. We look forward to welcoming you back sooner rather than later.