“The best Hotel room we've ever stayed in!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St Martins Lane London Hotel

St Martins Lane London Hotel
Ranked #71 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“The best Hotel room we've ever stayed in!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and we got off to a rocky start with the hotel. We had booked it via Lastminute.com's Mystery Hotels having done a bit of research. So I knew what I was booking. When we arrived St Martin's Lane had no record of a booking, despite my confirmation email. They were very helpful and apologetic but they were fully booked. There was apparently an error with Lastminute's system. We were about to be taken to another hotel (much to our distress) when by pure chance someone checked out a night early. Gemma, the manager, managed to get it all sorted straight away.

When we returned in the afternoon we had been upgraded to their best room in the hotel (or Gemma's favourite at least) with 180 degree views over London. The floor to ceiling windows gave way to views on Nelson's column, Big Ben, The Eye, The Shard, The Gerkin and everything in between. I've never had a hotel room view like it. 2 minutes later we were sent a complimentary bottle of champagne to apologise for the confusion. Between this and the outstanding room this truly made our anniversary.

As for the hotel and the room, it's truly 5 star. The design is the coolest I've seen. Not like so many nice, but forgettable hotels. This place truly stands out, even in a city like London. I've stayed in quite a few hotels with work and there are a few things that make the top hotels stand out. Quality of sheets, mattresses and pillows is a big one. Bathroom fittings that don't just look nice, but perform and are of solid quality. Polite and helpful staff. This place had it all. If you can get in to one of the 6th floor room in this place then do it, you will not regret it.

A special thanks to the staff that helped make this a special stay. We hope to see you soon!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J0nnyBL0nd0n
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear J0nnyBL0nd0n,

This is just incredible! This wonderfully descriptive review touches on everything about your stay and how much it positively impacted you. It is an absolute pleasure to read that my fellow team members blew you away with their service. Gemma is a true professional with Irish charm and is committed to providing an unforgettable experience for our guests.

I am so glad that we were able to turn things around after the mishap at the beginning of this journey and in the end it sounds like you had the most amazing anniversary in London.
Our location as you’ve stated is superb and offers incredible views of some of London’s most eye catching attractions.

Thank you for mentioning about the quality of our product that we provide here. I must say we have lots of positive comments about the quality of our mattresses and that they provide a wonderful night’s sleep.

We cannot wait to welcome you back to continue your adventure with us. Please let me know when you have made your booking, as I would love to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

Nicole Messham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Darwen-Lancs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights over the bank holiday weekend with the missus. Fantastic hotel, everyone from the porters, to the check in to the bar staff always went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Didn't eat there but the cocktails were excellent and the location is perfect, literally a 2min walk from Leicester Square tube station. If we were staying in this area again we would be hard pressed not to stay at St Martins.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Turkish81
Dear Darwen,

Thank you for submitting your review and for your recommendation. It is always uplifting to know our guests enjoyed their experience with us and I am pleased to see this was the case for you. I'm glad you found all staff to be informative and helpful as we are committed to providing the best experience for our guests.

I hope to continue this trend with you, so please do not hesitate to reach out to me when you are interested in returning.
You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,

Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

IDEAL location
GymBox gym next door
excellent staff and quality of service
** special thanks for Fabrizzio, Paris, and Andrew (the "night crew") for pleasant early morning check-outs !
all details thoughtfully taken care of; the rooms are very well designed; the beds utterly comfy.
the only hotel in London where I am a repeat visitors, and will continue to be one
thank you St Martins, i finally have a "home away from home" when i need to be in London

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank johkollar
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear johkollar,

St Martins Lane is honoured to be your home away from home, what a huge compliment, thank you so much! We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy our comfy rooms and original service when you are next in London. I would love to personally oversee your stay so please get in touch with me at nicole.messham@mhgc.com when you have details of your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

My mum in law was staying in the hotel as a birthday treat in London. I have left flowers, cake and champagne for the staff to take care of and put in a room before her arrival and they went extra mile - putting candles everywhere, making room looks stunning and including little cake and note from themselves as well. Exceptional customer service, attention to details makes you feel very welcome. Hotel itself if beautiful. Design/Boutique - stylish. Ideal location - walking distance from convent garden & Leicester square.

Room Tip: room with patio is perfect for smokers (as there is no smoking inside of course!)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Skyhigh2440
Dear Skyhigh2440

I am thrilled your mother-in-law enjoyed her time with us as we always aim to exceed expectations and were delighted to make her feel extra special on her birthday. Thank you for giving St Martins Lane such a great review. We really do love to hear from our happy guests and hope we have the opportunity to wow you again soon. I would love to help with your future reservations to please get in touch with me directly at nicole.messham@mhgc.com when you are planning another visit.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Cannot say enough on how we enjoy this hotel and keep going back. Very modern and minimalistic hotel, yet extremely comfortable and great value for money, even considering it is a top end 5 star rated and priced Central London hotel. Staff are extremely friendly and always very helpful, very often making you smile, even when you are feeling down. Breakfast exceptional. Highly recommend you eat for dinner at their restaurant, Asia de Cuba also but remember what the staff say, "1 main meal between 2 is more than enough". Only downside is try and not stay in a standard room, as a little small but upgrade and rooms are plenty big enough. Try a suite for that special occassion, top room in a top hotel in great part of Central London, couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: Try and upgrade from the smaller standard rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David1510784
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear David1510784,

Thank you for your great review of your most recent visit to St Martins Lane. We love to hear from our regular guests and it is always rewarding when they say how much they enjoy their time with us. Thank you for recommending St Martins Lane, and also giving your tips on Asia de Cuba! I am really glad that our staff cheer you up and make you smile, we always aim to serve our guests in a fun, friendly and attentive manner so your review is much appreciated. We hope you come to stay with us again soon and I would be delighted to make your next visit even more memorable so please email me at Nicole.messham@mhgc.com when you have a date in mind to return. We look forward to welcoming you back to St Martins Lane.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

It was our anniversary, and we booked a night at St Martins, and it was marvellous. The room was awesome , with a view over the London Skyline. They had very kindly prepared the Room as per my requests, with the added touch of flower petals arranged over the bed and surrounding the bath, a very kind and thoughtful touch. The room has had a recent makeover and is simply fabulous. Went to the Light Bar for wonderful cocktails, wonderful evening and the most comfortable nights sleep.
What really sets this hotel apart is the " Can Do" attitude of each staff member, coupled with best Front of House Team of any hotel I have encountered,
Big thank you

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lamb735
Dear Edward186338,

We are thrilled you chose to celebrate your anniversary at St Martins Lane and glad you enjoyed the extra special touches we added to ensure your stay was romantic and memorable. It is a huge compliment for you to say that our attentive service makes such a difference to our guests as we always want our guests to feel warm and welcome when they are with us. We all hope that you have the opportunity to return again soon as we would love to welcome you back. Please email me at Nicole.messham@mhgc.com when you would like to make a reservation so that I can personally oversee your stay.

Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Very centrally located, friendly staff and decent service. Mood lighting in the hallways which is trendy but a little dark, very nicely appointed rooms and I particularly like the bathrooms. Excellent A/C. I would probably opt for a room on a higher floor to get away from the outside street noise but overall I felt this hotel was very nice and I would certainly come back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jalex07216
Dear Jalex07216

I am so glad you enjoyed our central location, friendly service and comfortable guestrooms. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London and if you contact me when are you intending to return I can do my best to ensure you are allocated a room on a higher floor, contact me at Nicole.messham@mhgc.com. We hope to see you soon.