“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a really nice trendy hotel with a certain authenticity that the W Hotel just cannot match. All the staff were extremely friendly and obliging (particularly Debra on the reception) and the rooms really well thought out -- USB power plugs by the bed, convenient power plugs by a good sized desk, great free wifi, plenty of storage space, dead comfortable bed, curtains that keep out the light, brilliant turn down service that doesn't call too early when you are getting ready to go out. Breakfast was fantastic and the in hotel bar a nice trendy respite from the chaos of Leicester Square nearby! My only niggles were the in room entertainment system (Nevaya) kept on freezing; the free water limited to one tiny bottle per day (GBP5 from the mini bar...a bit excessive) and the online reservation system quoted prices exclusive of room tax which caught me a little by surprise when the final charge came in. But these are hardly show stoppers.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent visit to St Martins Lane. One of our core values is that we are committed to authentic design and personality, so I am delighted both of these shone through and impacted on your stay.

I am truly sorry you experienced some difficulties regarding the television system. I would like to ask next time you plan to join us to reach out to me first, so that I can ensure that you have a wonderful reservation process and experience from start to finish.

I look forward to hearing back from you. Don't leave it too long.

Nicole Messham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

You will be in the 'Middle of London' by staying here. 1 minute walk to Leicester Square, The national gallery, the west end, The Ivy, brilliant shopping at your doorstep. You will not be disappointed with its location. Reception staff are friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Garden Rooms give that bit extra space
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your short but sublime review. We appreciate your comments and love the fact that our location was well-suited to all your needs. Our staff are one of the most outstanding factors and we really pride ourselves on their friendly and attentive manners. I hope we have the opportunity to see you again.
Please let me know when you plan to return. You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I remember staying at the trendy (and sometimes snooty) St Martins Lane of the 90's and was afraid that, like the some other Ian Schrager properties, SML would feel stuck there. But given the fitness minded group I was traveling with, we booked there for the GYMBOX access (and complimentary laundry service for fitness clothes!) a colleague had raved about and was very pleasantly surprised. Yes, the Saturday night scene is "naf" and the bar no longer exclusive but...the renovated rooms are well suited to biz travelers and stocked with very nice amenities. the concierge, bellman (ed! especially) and front desk staff were all very friendly and accommodating and the location is central, busy, with plenty of good places to eat and drink within walking distance (Polpo and Dishoom were hits with our crew) And for those who like to workout on the road, an extensive GYMBOX schedule leaves you no excuses!

Room Tip: My group all stayed in the X01 line of small rooms and was happy.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear lhkilbane,

We pride ourselves on the “surprise and delight” effect we have on our guests and I’m so happy that your faith in our brand has been re-ignited.

I’m glad you were able to take full advantage of the complimentary access our guests have to Gymbox - it certainly has an extensive schedule of some fun and outside the box classes! Our location is fantastic to be able to sample some of London’s fabulous restaurants - Polpo is one of my favourites.

Thank you for mentioning Ed - he continues to spread his cheeky charm with every guest he meets.
Please let me know when you plan to return on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

Heusden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I was there in July for a convention
Only One night : Perfect hotel, fantastic design and very nice people at the front desk (Deborah)
Our Rooms were full of atmosphere in the evening : Light effects, candlelight, ...
A lot of extra's in the room : Umbrella,
Perfect central location in the heart of London
Nice breakfast !!!
I will come again in the future

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Luc H,

It might have been just the one night with us but I’m delighted it was a memorable one. Our Deborah on the Front Desk has an infectious, charming personality and I’m overjoyed she had a positive impact on your stay. I shall pass on your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please let me know when you plan to return so I may personally manage your stay. You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stay at St Martins Lane hotel every month and never get tired of it. The service is fantastic, the people are friendly and helpful, and the rooms are great. the location is also the best London can offer, ricght in the centre, and walking distance to all the importnt places.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bobodeluxe23,

Firstly thank you for your continued loyalty to St Martins Lane - it means a lot to us that our guests feel that we are their ‘home away from home’ when travelling to London.
Our service, location and rooms are something we pride ourselves on and I’m delighted that you love all of them.

Please let me know if you ever need assistance with any of your bookings when returning - you can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com. We hope to see again you soon.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed for a week at St Martins Lane during my business trip in early Aug. Was lucky to stay in one of the renovated rooms (I was on the 2nd floor), the new room functions well with a lot of USB charging points and comfy sitting to read and work, plus the new high-tech TV which you can play right from your iPad to your TV. Beddings and shower pressure was great! Only downside is the soundproofing from the hall way wasn't great and noise could be heard from time to time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear samandjet,

We are really pleased that you have had the opportunity to spend time with us; and delighted that you enjoyed all the aspects of our newly refreshed rooms. Our introduction of lots more USB points makes it so much more user friendly for our hi-tech guests, whether they are with us for work or for play.

Please let me know when you plan to return to St Martins so I can ensure you have another wonderful stay. You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

For my daughters 18th Birthday we wanted a hotel close to the west end that was a bit special. St Martins Lane came up trumphs with a "loft" room with two double beds that was perfect for our family. The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly but it was the stylish and modern décor that impressed most. The teenagers loved the big TV the fast WiFi and the multi coloured lights, the many USB charging points and the wonderful bathroom.

Thanks St Martin's Lane

Room Tip: The Loft Double Double is huge and well equipped
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear lRlSHR0VER,

Thank you so much for your kinds words on your recent celebrations at St Martins Lane. It is always lovely to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for our guests. You have ‘hit the nail on the head’ with all your comments regarding the cleanliness and stylish atmosphere we create.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to St Martins Lane, so don’t leave it till another birthday to come see us again! Please let me know when you plan to return.