“wonderful service”

St Martins Lane London Hotel
Ranked #77 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 August 2014

stayed in this hotel for one night this summer. Nicole Messham in guest services responded to my email inquiry about whether the room would accommodate a trundle bed for my son by giving us an upgrade to a wonderful corner room, spacious with incredible views and a big bathtub. comfortable, quiet, all we could hope for. Will definitely be staying here again. Thanks to Nicole & all at the hotel for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear tristia,

I'm so delighted you reached out to me prior to your arrival, I enjoy creating a memorable experience for our guests. It really helps us to provide you with exactly what you desire, if we know beforehand.

I love that you enjoyed the upgrade and the luxury of the stand alone bath tub.

We are all excited for your return. Please let me know when you're planning another visit.

Nicole Messham

Write a ReviewReviews (2,890)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I can't fault the St Martins Lane Hotel. Before we even arrived Nicole was looking after us by email and when we did get to London we were greeted and looked after by her and her lovely, friendly, polite team in just the same fantastic way. They seem to have the ability to make every guest feel like royalty and it started our weekend off just perfectly. We were there for our anniversary and we upgraded on arrival which was a real treat, Nicole sent up chocolate covered strawberries with a really sweet note, we were so touched. Our room (number 303) was just divine!! It was modern, bright, spacious, spotless and had the most amazing plush bathroom and enormous wardrobe! There were two full length mirrors which was fab for getting ready. The hotel really think of everything, there was a full sized ironing board with fab iron, a full size high-power hair dryer, a safe, luxurious dressing gowns,cozy slippers and even an umbrella and extension lead! We rang down for the complimentary tea and coffee facilities and it arrived at our room 5 mins later. The mini bar was unbelievable, it had everything you could wish for and there was even his and hers razors in the bathroom which you could buy if you'd forgotten yours. The bathroom products were top class, really fresh and fruity, I had both a bath and a shower both days because they were so nice! I was even tempted to buy the gift pack they have for purchase but maybe next time! The bath was huge and the shower was amazing, really powerful and hot immediately! The room was fun and techy, with USB plugs next to the bed and desk and lighting you can change to your liking, the air con wasn't noisy like in most hotels and adjusted really simply. The bar downstairs was really funky just like the rest of the hotel, there was so much to look at and everywhere you go in the hotel the staff are friendly. I really could go on and on, I haven't got a single bad word to say it was better than I even expected it to be and we will definitely be back soon! Thank you Nicole and everyone else at The St Martins Lane from Savka and Phil

Room Tip: Room 303 was super

Savka and Phil,

You both were an absolute pleasure and it was so lovely that I was able to meet you both on arrival. Thank you so much for mentioning all the fabulous things about the room.

We pride ourselves on ensuring our guest's do not have to think about anything whilst they are with us and can just sit back, relax and enjoy!

I expect to see you soon I hope...a little Christmas shopping perhaps.

You have my email so please let me know when you plan to return.

We look forward to welcoming you back to St Martins Lane.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband travels throughout UK and Europe with his job and has stayed in many hotels in his life, as have I, but we have just come home from a stay in St. Martins Lane London Hotel for our wedding anniversary. It just the best experience we have ever had in a hotel. We were welcomed and found ALL staff to be friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is boutique style and the rooms are lovely. The hotel is brilliantly situated in theatre land, so lots going on and also near many attractions. We had such a wonderful stay we have booked to go back for my husbands birthday. Can't wait.

Dear Paula,

You are the best! Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us. You have really touched upon how incredible the team we have here at St Martins Lane are. We really strive to provide the most memorable and comfortable stay for our guests and I'm delighted we achieved this with you.

Yay! I'm so delighted to hear you shall be returning to us so soon and for a special birthday as well. We shall make sure we pull out all the stops for you both.

Please let me know if you need anything else before you return to us. You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel ! Friendly professional staff ! Room was out of this world - if I could of brought the entire room home I would of !

Stayed here for our anniversary , received complementary drinks as our room was 10 mins late being ready , but well worth the wait ! Stunning !

After an evening out we went back to the bar , again fab staff and a great atmosphere

Breakfast , would recommend paying for the breakfast package just what was needed after a night of champagne and cocktails .

Thank you , hopefully we will be back soon ☺️

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Your review really made me smile! It's wonderful to hear that you wanted to take the room home with you!

I'm sorry that your room was not ready on your arrival, however, I'm delighted that our team were able to accommodate you so well.

I completely agree with you, our breakfast is delicious and is a fantastic way to start the day!

Please let me know when you plan to return on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Jeez, there is no way I could write a review that could do St Martins Lane Hotel justice ... but I'll try.

It was my wife & my wedding anniversary and we booked a 2 night stay here after having previously stayed in their Sanderson Hotel. I casually mentioned that it was our anniversary and was then taken on a whirlwind arrangement. Fabio, Martin and then Nicole (especially Nicole) promised to make our stay memorable ... crikey, they did that alright!

We turned up and couldn't find the NCP park nearby. One of the Greeters said "No problem, would you like me to valet park for you?". We showed up way too early but the Reception team warmly greeted us, congratulated us for the anniversary (nice touch that they were made aware) and said they could securely take our bags & iPads and will call us when our room was ready.

We did get a call a few hours later but we were mooching around town and not in a rush to return. When we did eventually check in, we were once again congratulated and told we had been upgraded, free of charge, and would love the room.

What a room! It was so incredible I had to 'phone down to reception to thank them. You'll see from our photos that the whole exterior wall was made of windows, floor to ceiling. We could see the London Eye, National Opera House, The Shard and a totally unobstructed view across the town. It was so good we just didn't want to leave. Nicole had even added rose petals on the bed, across the bath, had tea candles lit for our arrival and was even going to leave a bottle of wine for us but learning we are non-drinkers, Nicole arranged for strawberries dipped in chocolate!

This was such a fantastic stay, in a fantastic hotel run by fantastic people ... I actually wondered if I should even write this review so I can try and keep it a secret but on reflection, their outstanding care and attention has to be acknowledged.

The Hotel is crazily trendy but you don't have to get involved in the bars or restaurants if you don't want as they are situated towards the rear. At no stage do you feel intimidated by the trendiness ... we loved the interior.

Do yourself a favour and have a stay here. We've stayed in many Hotels over the years and I honestly have to say St Martins Lane could possibly be the best stay we have ever experienced.

Thank you (especially Nicole) for making this an incredible short break.

We cannot thank the staff anywhere near enough.

1  Thank MongolianMousehound

Mark, how do I begin to say thank you for describing your experience at St Martins Lane so beautifully. You have really taken me on a journey of re-living the best moments of your stay.

I'm delighted that from start to finish all you experienced was incredible service and dedication from a brilliant team of individuals. We really are committed to providing a lasting positive impression for our guests and I'm overjoyed we achieved this with you.

For recommending us in such an incredible way to the Trip Advisor community it means a lot to myself and the team.

Now I've set the bar so high we shall pull out all the stops for your next stay... we'll keep on surprising you.

We can't wait to welcome you back for another unforgettable experience.

Please let me know when you plan to return.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had a fantastic stay at the St.Martins Lane Hotel.
The staff are excellent and really friendly.As soon as we arrived Nicole personally introduced herself and checked us in.
Wonderful room and wonderful breakfast could not fault anything.
Our favourite London hotel, we cannot wait to return again and will be recommending this hotel to all our family and friends.
Thank you to Nicole Messingham who ensured our break was top notch.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Claire S,

It is so wonderful to hear that every aspect of your stay was fabulous.

I'm delighted to hear that you shall be recommending us to all your family and friends.

Please pass on my email should they require any assistance with bookings.

I can't wait to welcome you back to St Martins Lane.

We all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a birthday treat and could not fault the hotel. The rooms are lovely and bright, and extremley clean. The bathroom in the superior rooms is lovely and feels more like a spa. The mood lighting sets a nice atmosphere and brightens up the room at night. The staff in this hotel are what make it really stand out, we recieved some of the best customer service we have ever had. A special thanks to Nicole who ensured I had a great birthday and was happy to help with anything we needed big or small, we will be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2014

The best! To have you say that you received the best customer service you ever had means the world to myself and my colleagues here at St Martins Lane. We strive to provide exemplary service on all levels and I'm delighted we created such a memorable experience for you both. I love the spa-factor you mentioned - I completely agree!

As you already have my email, please keep in touch as myself and the team cannot wait to welcome you back.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.