“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Newnan, Georgia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel was beautiful and the staff amazing. Very detail oriented and accommodating.

Only disappointment was the Mirror Restaurant. The food was overpriced, the portions small and nothing extraordinary.

The bar was extraordinary and the staff very attentive. Great place for a drink after work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank YogaRosie
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear YogaRosie

Thank you so very much for your kind comments.

I am very pleased to say that we have now opened Holborn Dining Room  Delicatessen, our British Brasserie. With this addition, there will be a much greater choice and it will give us the opportunity to refine and reform the Mirror Room. Hopefully you will see a notable difference on your return.

Please do contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

With all my best.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

The press promised an urban oasis, though there are some points that need further work from the Rosewood team. The Mirror restaurant is very dark in the evening, the seats are too small and low to enjoy a full meal - as the main restaurant is still closed until February. It makes dinner awkward, especially the closeness to fellow-diners, I would not recommend this for romantic evenings. During breakfast the noise from the kitchen was extremely loud, not sure if there is a door or not...the room has all the amenities but all in all, I think that the designers tried to be too clever. The seats are again too small, no business desk and no cups or glasses in the minibar- champagne out of water glasses does not work or tea from coffee glasses. The team was still nervous at times and appeared stressed, but all of them were very approachable and friendly.
The Rosewood will be a force to be reckoned with, just not quite yet. Über-designing doesn't justify everything - even so short after an opening.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MrReeder
Dear MrReeder

Thank you for taking the time to share such a candid review and I thank you for your constructive critique.

I am glad to say that we listened to your comments and have made a number of changes in the Mirror Room. The seating has been retro-fitted to increase/reduce height where necessary for optimum dining experience. The configuration of the restaurant has altered somewhat and we have reviewed the evening lighting. I do hope that you will be happy with the changes on your return.
We have also opened Holborn Dining Room  Delicatessen, our British Brasserie. This offeres a more relaxed environment and increases the variety of dining options we have- from curry and casserole lunches in the bar, refined afternoon tea in the mirror room, and a wholesome brassiere experience in Holborn Dining Room.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back !

Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Rosewood, the service was impeccable. Staff were attentive and appropriately friendly. Bowls of plums, apples and sweets were plentiful, on our route to our room. I recommend that you stray from the lifts, at least once, during your stay so that you can see the magnificent marble staircase. We stayed on the opening night, in an executive twin room (174).The room was very spacious, big windows and high ceilings. It was sumptious, with every amenity you could wish for. There were high quality tea and coffee making facilities in the room and a complimentary tray of delicious cakes, on arrival. The bathroom was amazing! Again there were high quality toiletries and plenty of plush towels, facecloths etc. I loved the decor- gold/metalic sink with gold tiles and lots of mirrors. The shower was fantastic- stayed at the temperature I set it and gave a powerful flow of water. The room was very quiet indeed and the beds sooo comfortable!
We had one drink in the bar. The service was prompt, professional and friendly though the peanut nibbles just about blew your head off (mustard coated I think so beware!)The consierge were extremely helpful- offering to check timetables, print timetables, give directions and map advice, carry luggage etc. The breakfast was fabulous and again the service was impeccable.
Overall our stay in London was "made" by our experience at this hotel. The staff have clearly been well trained but also come across as genuinely nice people who are keen to do their best to provide an excellent service. This hotel is unreservedly fabulous. I would definitely return but I think before long the Rosewood will be in the same league as the very top hotels in London, if not actually the top London Hotel. I wish this new hotel all the very best because, on the strength of my one night stay, the Rosewood deserves to be a highly successful hotel- thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Room 174 has huge twin beds and is very spacious. It is very close to the lifts on the first floor a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kathy277
Dear Kathy277,

I am very grateful indeed for such a glowing review !

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay ! Our associates try very hard to ensure our philosophy of relationship hospitality felt by all and on reading your review, I’m so glad your experience reflects this effort.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your return to Rosewood London soon !

With all my best.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

The new Rosewood is an oasis of calm and looks wonderful but feels really comfortable to stay in. The rooms are really well designed with a clear uncluttered design but with everything . Everything to make your stay comfortable. The staff are friendly and everyone is welcoming. The breakfast service is in the same room as afternoon tea. I had delious porridge that was correctly cooked.. But salmon bagels looked fab and full English was beautifully presented. There were all sorts of other tasty treats. It is the attention to detail and great customer service that makes this hotel so special. The public areas are very grand and have been restored and designed to perfection. The mirror room is lovely. If you can't spend the night here I recommend you go for afternoon tea or have pre-theatre cocktails. Really it is that good. Enjoyed my stay I will be back again soon I hope.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gadgetgranny
Dear Gadgetgranny,

I am so glad to read that you were happy with your stay here at Rosewood London !

I extend my sincere thanks for your generous review !

Porridge is a favourite of mine too- so I’m glad we did it well ! We have now opened Holborn Dining Room, our British Brasserie, and Gerald Scarfe is adding his artwork to Scarfes bar so hopefully you will return soon to experience our latest additions.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in London !