“Top Hotel in London”

Ranked #18 of 1,089 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Top Hotel in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I've stayed at the Chauncery Court Hotel 4-5 times over the past two years (which was what the Rosewood was called before the renovation) and just stayed in the newly renovated Rosewood for 9 days. While I loved the hotel before, I ADORE the hotel now. They've taken a great hotel to an entirely new level, from the decor, to the food, to the bar, to the gym, to the staff. Everything has been thought of, especially for the business traveler--a rarity in London. My entire team (who stayed as well) was simply blown away. Thank you Michael, Isabella, Jose, Luke, Christof and the entire team--we will most definitely see you again soon!

Room Tip: Regardless of where in the hotel your room is (street facing, courtyard or rear) it's quiet, inc...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Todd S
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear duke1998,

Thanks so very much for the great review !

I’m delighted that you like the changes and adore the hotel. I have also shared my thanks with the team !

We look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to the hotel.

Many thanks again for taking the time to share your views !

With my all my best.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I recently attended a canapé and drink reception in the Ballroom at the Rosewood London and I have to say, that I was impressed by Gianluca's Cocktail creations. It was simple but very delightful and perfect for a reception with many people. The look of the ballroom foyer was great. The service provided by the staff was truly 5 star. Daniel was outstanding with the service provided and his excellent explanation about the rosewood hotels. I had a chat with him and he answered me all the questions in a very professional way. Nothing was to much. Well done Daniel and team. Very great experience at the rosewood london.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Garryla,

I’m so glad you enjoyed the event you attended here at Rosewood London !

Your kind comments are most gratefully appreciated and I have shared my thanks with Daniel.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

After dining at the stunning Bull Expert Steak House we knew we were in the vicinity of Pearl bar in Holborn and somehow we ended up in Rosewood only to be informed by a giant 6ft 8inch manager that Pearl bar was closed forever, so let the fun begin. Whoever designed and paid for this place certainly didn't spare the horses the interior build quality is nothing short of stunning.
If your sunk cost is £8 for a cocktail it's well worth their £10 - £12 price tag for the focused service from incredibly fun staff interaction combined with the original cocktail list.
A peach.

Room Tip: Use the toilets downstairs whether you want too or not
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thefooddood
Dear TheFoodDood,

Thank you very much indeed for the kind review !

Apologies for the time it has taken to reply. I am the 6ft 8 manager you speak of (unfortunately only 6ft 7, but thank you for the accolade !). I’m so glad that you enjoyed the remainder of the evening in Scarfes Bar. Gerald Scarfe has now started adding his artwork to the space so there’s lots of exciting changes. We have also opened our latest restaurant, Holborn Dining Room so I do hope that we will see you back here soon !

Ay, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Bran new hotel opened partially just a few weeks ago - la grande classe - a great place to stay in London; had a very short stay: great and very quiet room and "in-room bars" impressively well & top furnished ; lots of staff to deal with any request...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Phma51,

Many thanks indeed for your kind comments !

I’m pleased that you enjoyed Rosewood London.

Hopefully we will see you here again soon !

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

As someone who has frequented just about all the top hotel bars in London I can honestly say this one leaves all the rest for dead! Why? A number of things. Firstly the bar is just so incredibly homey you feel as if you're in your own members' club. You just have to visit to appreciate it! Secondly the service is really five star, with smiling staff and engaging conversation (on this occasion with Giovanni and Gregory). In some of the London hotels the cocktail barmen are so full of their own importance that they even forget to acknowledge customers but there was none of this here. And then to cap it off the food was amazing! I really was surprised as I was expecting the standard hotel fare as it wasn't in their main restaurant but no, there was nothing 'standard' about our lunch. My colleague and I chose the British menu and we couldn't fault it. I intend to come back to try the Indian menu as it's obvious they have a very accomplished chef in Palash. I cannot remember the last time I raved about a place as much as this and I am just so pleased it's only down the road from where I live.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear foodmaiden,

I am very grateful for your kind review and your ‘best bar’ rating !

I’m so glad you enjoyed your time in Scarfes bar ! Gerald Scarfe is now adding his artwork to the space so there’s lots of exciting things to see ! We hope to see you back many times in the future.

Many thanks again for your comments !

Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My weekend at Rosewood London came at the tail end of a two week multi-country business trip. I booked this weekend to unwind and see some friends in London. I am so glad I chose Rosewood! Aside from comfort, lovely decor (much acquired from a great shop called India Jane), tasty meals and welcoming atmosphere, the staff was the friendliest and most accommodating (without overdoing it) that I have experienced in my many years of global travel. Judith at the concierge desk knew me by name and was very helpful and friendly as was everyone else I encountered. I was able to convey this to the head of HR who I met while enjoying a close look at the birds in the lobby.

I was astonished to learn that the facility had only been opened for two weeks. Except for the fact that the spa had not yet opened, the facility was running extremely smoothly.

My only reservation about Rosewood London is the price. While I will definitely consider staying for a weekend; a long business trip would be too costly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank wingedwoman
Dear wingedwoman,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to review Rosewood London !

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to convey your comments to our Director of Human Resources ! Relationship hospitality is so important to the associates and I, so it gives me great pleasure to read that this was key to your enjoyment.

Many thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back !

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after seeing a west end show.
Got an excellent deal on 'late rooms' and was very impressed with the high quality of the hotel.
The room was spacious, comfortable and well equipped.
We had breakfast included which was of excellent quality.

1 Thank Kelvin G