“One of London's best new hotels.”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #15 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Devon
“One of London's best new hotels.”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I rarely give 5 stars but this new hotel deserves it and more. Absolutely faultless a refreshing change after a very average stay at the ME hotel the night before. Service and staff wonderful, peaceful room, comfortable bed, a bathroom with a bath,in fact everything you could possibly want. The Rosewood may well become my hotel of choice when visiting London.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnthonyPit
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear AnthonyPit,

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your say and found everything to be just right ! This is great to hear and I thank you for sharing your kind comments and extending such a great rating !

I do hope we will have you as our guest again soon !

With all my best !

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 December 2013

It is rare to find a great Bar in London like the one at the Scarface at Rosewood. It is also rare nowadays to find such professional , knowledgeable & charming Barman like Giovanni and his staff in one of the best Hotel in London, superb cocktails & attentive service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Camille S
Dear Camille S,

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your kind comments !
Your review is gratefully appreciated ! Gerald Scarfe has now started adding his artwork to the bar so there are many exciting additions to discover !

We very much look forward to welcoming you back !

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The refurbishments at this hotel are truly spectacular. I work in the local area and have visited twice so far and would definitely return. This has that right mix of the old with the new and that certain je ne sais quoi.

I firstly visited on a week night. I had taken a cousin over for pre dinner drinks. It was busy. The bar area has the feel of an old English home with shelves of books and comfy chairs. They have cleverly designed it that you feel quite cosy even though the room is huge. The bar manager Giovanni has a fantastic team. He kept coming back to check on my cousin and me, making sure we were ok. The cocktails are something out of this world. We had four signature cocktails and they were all amazing- one was pink and came in a tall champagne glass, one came in a teapot with an ice ball, one was green came in a very tall glass and one had some edible flowers. I have travelled the world and visited bars all over but this place is special. They did not serve small measures. My cousin said we should return. Next time we are bringing all our cousins who live in London for a little reunion. The plans are already in place.

My second visit was for a breakfast meeting yesterday with an old friend who had flown in for a Thanksgiving break. We had beverages and fruit which was cut up beautifully and very fresh. Every member of staff we walked past greeted us. They were extremely attentive over breakfast. I showed my friend the bar area which only opens at 12. we peeked through the windows and she vowed she would take her boyfriend there and as I write this review, they are having drinks in the bar. She said they may stay at the Rosewood on their next visit.
Do go and take a look at the budgies in the cage. They are so beautiful they almost look unreal.

Holborn is very central. The area has a collection of museums-its called the Museum Mile. St Pauls, Covent Garden, Theatreland, Chinatown and the shops at Oxford Street and Regents Street are all a walk away. If you don't fancy walking, take the tube or the bus.

If you really want to impress someone special take them to the Rosewood in London.
As I said in the title, I would like to keep this place a secret but they really do deserve to do very well. I expect to see them creep up the trip advisor list.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Busyasabumblebee,

Thanks so much for sharing your secret ! Apologies for the delay in my reply.

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your time in Scarfes bar and in the hotel ! Its great to hear that your friend also enjoyed her experience and that she may stay with us on her next visit !

Hopefully I will get the opportunity to meet you if you haven’t already had your reunion.

Your kind comments are most gratefully appreciated. Should you need anything, please do let me know.

Jefferson Valley, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went for dinner there (we weren't staying there) and were speechless looking at the absolutely beautiful restoration and design of the hotel renovation. The public areas we went through were amazing. Incredibly warm and stylist. Their main dining room isn't ready quite yet and we ate in the main lounge. Very nice food in a wonderful ambience. We had a look at the bar too. It's grand, warm and welcoming all at the same time. The service was warm, welcoming and attentive. I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AndrewJV_11
Dear AndrewJV_11,

Thanks so very much for the review !

I’m very glad indeed that you enjoyed your dining experience ! Gerald Scarfe is now adding his artwork to Scarfes Bar and our latest restaurant, Holborn Dining Room is now open so there is much to discover ! I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon !

Your kind comments regarding the design are much appreciated.

With all my best.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in several hotels in London, but without a doubt, my new favorite is the Rosewood Hotel. Wow!....best describes my experience. From the moment I checked in to the second I left, it was fabulous. I would have stayed a month if I could have. Service was incredible and the renovations to the entire hotel were beautiful...truly an excellent property. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear TomT,

The ‘Best in London’ is quite an accolade !
Your kind review is most gratefully appreciated and we very much look forward to welcoming you back !

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed at the Rosewood fr a weekend stay from New York. The rooms were gorgeous and well designed. The bath tub was huge and helped me fight my jetlag. The bar was cozy and the living room was great to meet my friends. The gym was also great!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Victoriakaren1,

Many thanks for your comments !

Your review is greatly appreciates and I’m so glad that your stay was a pleasurable one !

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I've stayed at the Chauncery Court Hotel 4-5 times over the past two years (which was what the Rosewood was called before the renovation) and just stayed in the newly renovated Rosewood for 9 days. While I loved the hotel before, I ADORE the hotel now. They've taken a great hotel to an entirely new level, from the decor, to the food, to the bar, to the gym, to the staff. Everything has been thought of, especially for the business traveler--a rarity in London. My entire team (who stayed as well) was simply blown away. Thank you Michael, Isabella, Jose, Luke, Christof and the entire team--we will most definitely see you again soon!

Room Tip: Regardless of where in the hotel your room is (street facing, courtyard or rear) it's quiet, inc...