“Perfect”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #19 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in London! Rooms are spacious, service is beyond friendly and the food is delicious! The hotel is fairly new and the prices are still affordable so it is a great value for money! This hotel will become the best in no time! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MartinGV70
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear MartinGV70,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments ! ‘the best hotel in London’ is quite an endorsement’ ! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future !

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The whole experience, although far too short, was just outstanding: a/ the entrance into the hotel venue through the courtyard: very Edwardian, b/ the lobby is tastefully decorated, between classical design and cosy English furniture, c/ the personnel is discrete, attentive without being obsequious, dressed in style, d/ the room is large enough in London, very clean and nicely furbished e/ the breakfast experience makes you feel you have your own butler, and the buffet is stylish, avoiding the unpleasant feeling of overloaded food that sometimes characterises buffet breakfast. It is too bad to stay here by yourself and for one night only... This experience needs to be reiterated with the right company... for a week-end in London!

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the courtyard: it was very quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JollapParis

Dear JollapParis,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed you’re your time here at Rosewood London, albeit short. !

Your comments are most gratefully received and I’m so glad that you plan to return for a longer stay !

I very much look forward to having you back ! Should you need anything, please do contact me.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel when it first opened back in October for 3 nights and have to say I was blown away. I found it to be a combination of being elegant and discreet, as well as contemporary yet with a strong sense of heritage the historic building and setting evoke. I confess I had room service most nights as I was there on business and was impressed with the International menu options (very good). Whilst I did take the opportunity for both 1 business meeting for lunch and 1 for dinner i couldn't help but enjoy taking the credit for introducing my guests to "the place". Logistically I found it extremely comfortable moving throughout London and occasionally touching base during the day. Lastly, I found the service and the overall enviorment well prepared and friendly which made for a relaxed "unstuffy" setting. Definitely the new direction of luxury..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael F

Dear Michael F,

Thank you very much indeed for your complimentary review !

Achieving the definition of luxury without being stuffy is most definitely an objective of ours and I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Now that we have opened our newest Restaurant, Holborn Dining Room and are launching Scarfes Bar, I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return for a visit soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I spent only one night in this wonderful hotel and i wish i could spend more time in this very comfortabe and cosi place.
The rooms are very comfortable and the light is perfectly balanced. the choice of each material is very wise.
The service in the hotel is perfect, people are really kind, the restaurant is also really good and the breakfast is amazing with a very smart way to organize the buffet.
You have a better experience of London for business or tourism if you can stay in a place like that !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank leafromparis

Dear Leafromparis,

Perfection is quite the endorsement ! I am very grateful indeed for your kind comments !

I do hope we have to opportunity to welcome you back soon !

Many thanks again and with my best regards.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed at the Rosewood London end of last year and it is great to have such a nice hotel in this area. The Deluxe rooms are really spacious and very well designed. The Bar and Lounge are great and I am looking forward to staying again soon and experience their gastronomic restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Luc,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and extend my sincere thanks for the kind comments !

We have now opened our latest restaurant, Holborn Dining Rooms so I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I went to this hotel on New Years Eve with some friends and I have to say we all loved it! The rooms were lovely the bar and the bar food was fab, the staff were professional and helpful.
I stayed at this hotel earlier on in the year when it was under a different name.
Wow what a difference:) the refurbishment has been done so well. I would definately recomend staying here, in fact we will be back again soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Frances W,

Thank you very much indeed for your review !

I am so glad that you like the change ! Hopefully we will have the opportunity to have the pleasure of your return soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Rosewood London is one of the nicest hotels I've had the privilege of staying at recently. The property is part of a new generation of ultra luxury hotels in which a sense of place and unique service amenities are highly valued. The design is both traditional, paying homage to the historic structure, and modern and luxurious in a timeless way. Public spaces are immaculately kept and have design features I haven't seen anywhere else like a stunning rose bronze entry vestibule corridor. The Scarf bar up front is more traditional and incredibly cozy. At the time of my stay the spa wasn't yet complete, nor was the fine dining restaurant but both are sure to be promising.

The service at the Rosewood is excellent. There is a front desk, but the staff anticipated our arrival and checked us in at the room so there was no need to go to the desk. Everyone knew our names from arrival onward. While the arrival experience was a tad overwhelming with so many people greeting us, overall the service is incredibly discreet and among the most professional and informed I've experienced. The staff followed up with any request within minutes, and all were very well informed about the details of the hotel, as well as information about London, nearby restaurants, etc. The staff also made suggestions that I wouldn't even think of. When I said I was going downstairs to meet some friends at the bar, the concierge on his own decided to arrange for a perfect cozy table near the fireplace, unexpected and unnecessary but such a nice touch. Our suite came with a butler who was professional and courteous and clearly had been working in five star hotels for quite a while.

Despite all of this over the top service, and an immaculate physical property, the whole hotel manages to feel luxurious without being stuffy or pretentious. It is in an incredibly welcoming place and really feels very London, right down to the perfectly designed staff uniforms (tweed blazers, plaid pants, knit ties, etc.).

We did not have the opportunity to eat much at the hotel, but the morning breakfast was a beautiful buffet spread in the "Mirror room" (all day dining). The buffet itself spanned three rooms (kind of unnecessary, seemed more for the design element of it than actual need to spread it out that much), and was beautiful, fresh and delicious, aside from far too runny scrambled eggs.

The suite itself was perfectly furnished, in mostly gray tones, with lots of natural wool fabrics and the highest quality linens and towels, and some great natural wood pieces too. There is a slight Asian influence in the design. The bar included some complementary drinks (not sure if this is the case in a standard guest room) and every amenity possible to entertain in suite. I did pop into a regular guest room, and while not as opulent in size, it featured similar top notch interior design that was at the same time clean, modern and traditional. Rooms are not overstuffed and include a minimum of art, allowing for beautiful high quality pieces, and the existing architecture to speak for itself. A few small complaints: the housekeeping staff kept relocating the hairdryer making it hard to find since after turndown service it was put in a different place from where it was to begin with (and its original location was odd too... in one of the bedroom bedside tables). Also, the very beautiful shower leaked a lot onto the bath floor, so a larger bath mat is needed, and in our room the marble was very close to beautiful hardwood so staff will need to watch this carefully to make sure it doesn't become a maintenance issue. Also, there is hardly anywhere to hang a towel in the bathrooms. Maybe there is the expectation that the service is so frequent that the towels will be replenished at least twice a day, but it still seemed odd to only have one real towel hook in a very large opulent bathroom. The rest of the towels were folded or rolled in different locations, but nowhere to hang them once wet. The tub is also behind the shower in an enclosed "wet area" which is a cool feature in concept. In reality, it means water splashes into the tub while you're taking a shower so if a couple wanted to shower and take a bath at the same time, this would be an unpleasant experience for the person in the bathtub. The bath did have a very cool flat screen TV hidden within the mirror, and all of the marble, fixtures and rich tiles were beautiful.

Finally, the location... This place is in a great spot if you are working in London and want proximity to fun walkable areas like Soho, and Covent Garden. I much prefer the vibrancy and convenience of this to some of the "posher" residential neighborhoods to the West like Knightsbridge and Kensington where much of Rosewood's competition exists. The street itself that Rosewood is on is not particularly beautiful, or fancy, just an average commercial street, but the internal entry courtyard obscures this fact. This spot really is a quick tube ride, walk, or cab ride to MANY great areas of London.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are very quiet. I doubt many of the rooms here have a real "view&qu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EvanSK85

Dear EvanSK85,

My apologies that it has taken some time to reply to your review. I am much obliged that you have taken the time to invest so much detail. Your compliments are most gratefully appreciated.

Now that we have opened our latest restaurant, Holborn Dining Room- I do hope that we have the pleasure of your return soon !

I have read through your comments in detail and will of course be discussing the feedback with my team.

Once again EvanSK85, many thanks indeed.

With all my best.