“It's the little personal touches that make this hotel so classy”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #18 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Anyone who stays at the lovely Rosewood will be struck by the combination of marble clad Edwardian grandeur and elegant, contemporary chic. But it is those little, personal, human touches that make the place stand out. The warm greeting of the doorman as you escape from the bustle of the street. The pretty budgies singing away by the elevator. The complimenatry glasses of champagne that magically appear just when you were beginning to think that the barman was taking too long over your cocktail. The wifi that doesn't need some pesky password. All these little things add up to a lovely experience and make this grand and gorgeous building come alive.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Philip C
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Philip C,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed you’re your time here at Rosewood London !

Your comments echo exactly the ethos we wish to achieve and I’m so pleased that this turned a simple stay into a great experience !

You’re comments are most gratefully appreciated !

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Rosewood London

Reviewed 21 January 2014

What a fabulous location to meet up with friends and enjoy a few drinks. As soon as one enter's through the revolving doors there is a a feeling of being somewhere special. The evening we met here there was someone playing beautifully the grand piano, at the far end of the room there was a magnificent fire. Such a comfortable atmosphere with waiting staff being very attentive. Can't wait 'till we are in London again and we get another chance to enjoy this great bar. It's location is not far from Covent Garden, in fact only a few minutes.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ann-Marie P

Dear Ann-Marie P,

I am very grateful for your kind critique and your ‘best bar’ rating !

I’m so glad you enjoyed your time in Scarfes bar and we hope to see you back many times in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We only went here for dinner but its such a beautiful place that I'm definately going back. The mirror room dining room is amazing and everything done so nicely. It's a 5 star dining experience and at reasonable prices. Have already recommended it to everyone I know.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Gabi G

Dear Gabi G,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in our Mirror Room ! I am glad to say that we have also opened our newest restaurant, Holborn Dining Room.

Hopefully we have the pleasure of your return soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at Rosewood for the third time (first two times were when it was the Chancery Court) and we loved it! The room was great, especially the ultra-plush bed. The breakfast was first rate, as was all the attention that was paid to us. Everyone was polite and nice and refined. The location (Holborn stop on the Piccadilly Line) was terrific because virtually all the places we went or wanted to go was in walking distance. Two large supermarkets are a stone's throw away. You can take the Underground directly to Heathrow (45 minutes). The posh hotel bar was also superb. We will stay at Rosewood again,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dbgjtc2014

Dear dbgjtc2014,

Thank you very much indeed for your complimentary review !

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the location, and amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood London !

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Wow! If you're visiting London, the rosewood is a must! Fantastic staff especially Frederick and Isabel. Immaculately clean, stunning design, efficient, friendly, polite staff. Beautiful food, nothing is too much trouble! Fantastic bar, open fire, great atmosphere, live music, superb! Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Muzballs

Dear Muzballs,

Thank you so very much for your kind comments !

Relationship hospitality is of utmost importance to the associates and I, so it gives me great pleasure to read that Friedrich and Isobel made this a reality. I have passed my personal thanks to them. I was also glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel as a whole.

We look forward to welcoming you back !

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location close to many shops, cafes, coffee shops and tube stops. Easy to walk to many local attractions as well.

We stayed here when it was the "Chancery Court Hotel" and in the middle of renovations. The staff was extremely helpful and attentive. The room was spacious. I had been concerned about the room size prior to arrival, and was relieved that it was more than adequate. Clean and well appointed.

This was my 5th trip to London and by far this was my favorite place to stay. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We opted for the basic room. I was concerned about the size prior to arrival. However, even the ba...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear RICVisitor1976,

Thanks very much indeed for the kind review !

I do hope that you’ll have the opportunity to come to Rosewood London and sample the changes.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in London! Rooms are spacious, service is beyond friendly and the food is delicious! The hotel is fairly new and the prices are still affordable so it is a great value for money! This hotel will become the best in no time! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MartinGV70

Dear MartinGV70,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments ! ‘the best hotel in London’ is quite an endorsement’ ! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future !