Rosewood London
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
1,968 results
All reviewsscarfes barmirror roomholborn dining roomhotel dogchancery courthigh holbornbeautiful hotelholborn tube stationcovent gardenbritish museumhotel experiencenespresso machineloved this hotelafternoon teawest endexecutive roomhomewood
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The rooms are very comfortable and the location is excellent. However, during our stay of 6 nights, the little stuff got in the way of it being an excellent stay. The bathroom had only one bar of soap, which we moved to the shower every morning, but would find on the counter after the room was cleaned. There was shower gel provided, but my husband and I prefer bar soap. We asked for an additional bar of soap, but were not given one until our last evening. On our first morning we asked the concierge about interesting food markets to visit. He suggested one to visit for lunch that day. Unfortunately it didn't open that day, a fact which the concierge certainly should have known. The hotel has free shoe shine service, but when my husband placed his shoes outside the door, they were still there (unshined) the next morning. These are all small details, but those little details make a great property stand out from the competition...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LoyalBear
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear LoyalBear,

Many thanks indeed for your candid review !

I am glad to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and you found the location to be excellent.
I am in total agreeance that these fine points are what make a good stay become a great stay and I apologise that we fell short on the issues you shared in your review.
We place great emphasis on concentrating on these fine points, such as the soap preference; this is something I will be assessing personally.
In addition, you shouldn’t have had to wait for the soap, your shoes should have been polished and you should not have received incorrect information from our concierge so for this I apologise.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and I would be glad if you would contact me personally to discuss the arrangements.

With all my best wishes.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with great attention to detail. I was staying for business but had a lovely room with a good place to sit and work. It is also very comfortable! The bed was so relaxing and cosy I didn't want to get up in the morning.
The only comment I have would be the breakfast layout is a little complicated and no one explained what happened.
I think this would be a great hotel for a romantic break! Definitely upgrade to a bigger room and consider the all in package as this hotel is not cheap! As they say you pay for what you get on some occasions! The bar was a lovely atmosphere and I was waited on by some nice staff. Although as I say this is pricey!
Will definitely be returning.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank cazzaferguson

Dear Cazzaferguson,

Many thanks indeed for your kind comments !

I’m so pleased to hear you were happy with your stay to the extent that you struggled to get up in the morning !
I am glad to say that we have now opened our latest restaurant, Holborn Dining Room where there is a full buffet and a la carte breakfast available as an alternative to the Mirror Room.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future !

Reviewed 15 February 2014

A beautiful hotel with a classy atmosphere and excellent service.

If you are looking for understated wow then this hotel has it all.

Stay here for Valentines night. I was looking for a hotel close to the action, but quiet. As we were going to Saddlers Wells we wanted to be towards the City side of town.

The building is vet impressive and you enter via the large coach entrance into the middle of the building. You can imagine horse and cart taxis dropping people off to the grand building. Turn right and you enter the reception which is sophisticated and serene. There nice touches such as a ornate bird cage by the lifts with budgies in it. We stayed in an executive room and it was extremely spacious and the decor was fantastic.

Very close to Holborn tube it is well connected. You can walk five mins and you are into Convent Garden or the British Museum or ten mins the opposite direction and you are at St Paul. A great spot if you want to explore both sides of London.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear IdleLoner,

Thank you so very much for your generous review !

I’m pleased that you chose to stay with us for your valentine’s celebration. We are lucky enough to be the only hotel in London to have the central courtyard arrival experience so I’m thrilled that found this to be a WOW factor.

I hope that you enjoyed the show at Saddlers Wells !

Your comments are most gratefully received and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back !

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Pure class. Having a had a brilliant first date here I returned with fiends same week for cocktails in the bar. The setting is phenomenal, a real treat! The variety of drinks are impressive and the staff very attentive. Cannot wait for my next visit. Suggestion the Irish Mermaid!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bogla-Jnr

Dear Bogla-Jnr,

Thanks so very much for the great review !

I’m glad the first date was a success and we hope to welcome you back for many more ! … For future reference, we also do weddings !

With my best wishes.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I absolutely loved everything about the hotel! Flawless Service helpful with any kind of request, turndown service in the evening also provided additional water next to bed and ice cubes. Breakfast delicious. The best thing about the place is the design. One of the most stylish places I have stayed at - add extremely good service on top of that, and you have an incredible guest experience. I also loved the bar at the hotel with live jazz music - great atmosphere.

Beds extremely comfortable, bathroom has all the accessories you could think of. Room equipped with adapters and regular European plugs.

I absolutely loved it. Not the cheapest place in town, but so much worth it. Stayed at the Radisson later due to a better rate, but so much regret that.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Bart12_Warsaw

Dear Bart12_Warsaw,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay !

Tony Chi, who designed the bedrooms and public spaces would be very appreciative of your comments, as we are ! You’re kind review is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to having you back at Rosewood London.