“A weekend of luxury!!”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #19 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have just come back from an incredible stay at the fabulous Rosewood in London. We began by visiting to the newly opened Sense spa which was beautifully presented and run by expertly trained therapists. We then checked into our Executive room which had high ceilings, beautiful furnishings, a coffee machine and a luxurious bathroom with a deep soak tub. In the evening we had reserved a table in the Scarfes Bar, and although they had confused our booking and given our table away they immediately found us another with little hassle. The cocktails are pricey, but worth every penny. The ambiance of the place is second to none and we sat and listened to an extremely talented singer playing an array of beautiful songs on the grand piano. If you are looking for a luxurious, romantic, fuss free hotel in London then this is the one. The Rosewood makes every effort to ensure your stay is memorable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MDRoeke, Managing Director, Rosewood London at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Lauraa144,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments !

I am so pleased to hear that you seemed to enjoy all aspects of your stay- something that we strive for with every guest !

Your review is greatly appreciated and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Rosewood London in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here last weekend and had a great visit. The hotel is beautiful and the service is second to none. The staff literally could not do enough for us. The room was clean and stylish the only thing I would say is they need to put an information booklet in each room re how to use the various appliances. Even the chap who came to fix our radio couldn't work out initially how to get the TV to work. However that is a small thing. This hotel is just stunning and the hotel bar called Scarfes is not to be missed. A fabulous bar with talented barmen making cocktails that look like works of art. The bar food was delicious including the best lamb chops I've eaten in quite some time. With it's roaring fire and old world charm I can see why it was so popular and not just with guests. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel if you are visiting London.

1  Thank Southdownsduo

Dear Shouthdownsduo,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay !

Your kind comments are most gratefully received. Although, I’m sorry to hear that there was some difficulty with the appliances in the room, this has been noted.

Thanks very much indeed for your kind critique of Scarfes bar. This is exactly the atmosphere we intend to create so I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed it !

With my best regards.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is an upscale, stylish hotel - well run, well appointed and well situated about half-way between the theatre district and the financial district. My room was large, the bathroom totally modern and the free wifi was fast and reliable. Breakfast and tea were a treat in the long eating area along one of the wings on the ground floor. Service was helpful throughout. No complaints.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RPM59

Dear RPM59,

Many thanks indeed for your kind review !

I’m pleased to hear you were happy with your stay and your dining experience.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you as a guest in the near future !

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The rooms are very comfortable and the location is excellent. However, during our stay of 6 nights, the little stuff got in the way of it being an excellent stay. The bathroom had only one bar of soap, which we moved to the shower every morning, but would find on the counter after the room was cleaned. There was shower gel provided, but my husband and I prefer bar soap. We asked for an additional bar of soap, but were not given one until our last evening. On our first morning we asked the concierge about interesting food markets to visit. He suggested one to visit for lunch that day. Unfortunately it didn't open that day, a fact which the concierge certainly should have known. The hotel has free shoe shine service, but when my husband placed his shoes outside the door, they were still there (unshined) the next morning. These are all small details, but those little details make a great property stand out from the competition...

3  Thank LoyalBear

Dear LoyalBear,

Many thanks indeed for your candid review !

I am glad to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and you found the location to be excellent.
I am in total agreeance that these fine points are what make a good stay become a great stay and I apologise that we fell short on the issues you shared in your review.
We place great emphasis on concentrating on these fine points, such as the soap preference; this is something I will be assessing personally.
In addition, you shouldn’t have had to wait for the soap, your shoes should have been polished and you should not have received incorrect information from our concierge so for this I apologise.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and I would be glad if you would contact me personally to discuss the arrangements.

With all my best wishes.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with great attention to detail. I was staying for business but had a lovely room with a good place to sit and work. It is also very comfortable! The bed was so relaxing and cosy I didn't want to get up in the morning.
The only comment I have would be the breakfast layout is a little complicated and no one explained what happened.
I think this would be a great hotel for a romantic break! Definitely upgrade to a bigger room and consider the all in package as this hotel is not cheap! As they say you pay for what you get on some occasions! The bar was a lovely atmosphere and I was waited on by some nice staff. Although as I say this is pricey!
Will definitely be returning.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank cazzaferguson

Dear Cazzaferguson,

Many thanks indeed for your kind comments !

I’m so pleased to hear you were happy with your stay to the extent that you struggled to get up in the morning !
I am glad to say that we have now opened our latest restaurant, Holborn Dining Room where there is a full buffet and a la carte breakfast available as an alternative to the Mirror Room.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future !

Reviewed 15 February 2014

A beautiful hotel with a classy atmosphere and excellent service.

If you are looking for understated wow then this hotel has it all.

Stay here for Valentines night. I was looking for a hotel close to the action, but quiet. As we were going to Saddlers Wells we wanted to be towards the City side of town.

The building is vet impressive and you enter via the large coach entrance into the middle of the building. You can imagine horse and cart taxis dropping people off to the grand building. Turn right and you enter the reception which is sophisticated and serene. There nice touches such as a ornate bird cage by the lifts with budgies in it. We stayed in an executive room and it was extremely spacious and the decor was fantastic.

Very close to Holborn tube it is well connected. You can walk five mins and you are into Convent Garden or the British Museum or ten mins the opposite direction and you are at St Paul. A great spot if you want to explore both sides of London.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear IdleLoner,

Thank you so very much for your generous review !

I’m pleased that you chose to stay with us for your valentine’s celebration. We are lucky enough to be the only hotel in London to have the central courtyard arrival experience so I’m thrilled that found this to be a WOW factor.

I hope that you enjoyed the show at Saddlers Wells !

Your comments are most gratefully received and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back !

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Pure class. Having a had a brilliant first date here I returned with fiends same week for cocktails in the bar. The setting is phenomenal, a real treat! The variety of drinks are impressive and the staff very attentive. Cannot wait for my next visit. Suggestion the Irish Mermaid!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bogla-Jnr

Dear Bogla-Jnr,

Thanks so very much for the great review !

I’m glad the first date was a success and we hope to welcome you back for many more ! … For future reference, we also do weddings !

With my best wishes.