“Wonderful Hotel in the middle of the action”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #15 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful Hotel in the middle of the action”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Spent a couple of nights at the Rosewood. Was in London on work and this is a highly recommended hotel in Holborn.
- the staff was very nice and attentive, landed in London after a 14 hour flight and Lisa at the check in was efficient with minimum fuss. They even let me into the room at 9am.
- the rooms were large and the bathrooms very nice. Great shower and toileteries
- The hotel has an excellent bar, the Scarfes bar and restaurant for good business meals
- The concierge was helpful in giving directions and a general feel of the city and its happenings
What could be better
- for a business hotel, there is a dearth of financial newspapers, bar the FT. The IHT / WSJ should be a staple as not everyone has a desire to read the Times or the FT
That apart, the hotel is great

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the inner quadrangle, you get a nice feeling of the place.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MVy_13
MatthiasRoeke, Managing Director at Rosewood London, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear MVy_13,

Many thanks for choosing Rosewood London on your recent business trip !

I greatly appreciate your compliments, noting Lisa in particular. I am pleased to hear that we assisted you in an effectual and pleasing manner, especially after such a long journey.
Thank you for your note regarding the newspapers- something that we have taken on board. I'm pleased to say that we do have both the IHT and the WSJ available for delivery to the room.

Once again MVy_13, I really do value you taking the time to share your comments and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to London.

Matthias Roeke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The staff are thoughtful by offering if we need help to take some photos whenever there's a chance.

A staff accidentally drop a a few glasses on the floor & the other staff who was just next to him gently hold his shoulder by making sure he's fine. Another staff gently walk to us make sure we are ok but we actually sitting quite far away.

A staff who works at the bar also very helpful to advice best place to go.

Overall, I like their gentle & professional service.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Xiaomeik
Dear Xiaomeik,

Many thanks indeed for your kind comments regarding our associates.
I'm pleased to hear that you found everybody to be helpful and compassionate.

Your review is very much appreciated and we hope to see you again at some point in the near future.

Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel, I cannot find anything to complain about!
The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. The staff could not be more helpful! The mojito's in the bar could not be any better!
We stayed here before it was taken over by the Rosewoo, what a fantastic change!
We will definitely be back!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Iona-Luing
MatthiasRoeke, Managing Director at Rosewood London, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Iona-Luing,

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at Rosewood London !
‘Outstanding’ is quite the compliment and I'm very grateful that you took the time to share your review.
We look forward to welcoming you upon your return.

London, UK
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We went for a night away and only booked in the morning we were due to stay. It proved to be a great choice, as this hotel has very high standards. We loved it and would go back for sure. The quality of the fittings and fixtures was very luxurious but the staff were warm, friendly and efficient. Highly recommended.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Maccarone
MatthiasRoeke, Managing Director at Rosewood London, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Maccarone,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing Rosewood London for your short break and for taking the time to share your kind review.
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that on your next visit you might have a little more time to enjoy.

Sincerely
Glasgow
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I've just spent two days at this absolutely fabulous Hotel where the staff were a joy ! Nothing too much trouble for anyone! I will definitely be back again for sure. From the moment I arrived until I checked out the service was first class every time!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neil M
Dear NeilM,

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Rosewood London !
I'm so pleased that you found the associates to be personable and attentive- something that’s of huge importance to us.
Your review is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your return !

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at the Rosewood with my husband for 2 nights as a treat to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary....and a treat it was! We were greeted from our cab by the concierge who whisked our bag away (it was in our room before we even shown there ourselves) while asking us to take a seat on one of the sofas on reception. Lisa from "Guest Relations" then welcomed us before giving us a quick tour of the facilities and then up to our room to complete check in.
Point to note....she told us that breakfast would be served either in the Mirror Room (small buffet continental style) or their other dining room (more a la carte), but didn't actually show us where the other dining room was (turned out it was the Holburn dining room just on the other side of the archway to Scarfes Bar).

The room (executive king) was beautifully appointed overlooking the inner courtyard with a massive - and very comfortable - bed and a stylish bathroom which gave the impression it was much larger than it really was due to the mirrored walls.
Our only real niggle with the room was that, aside from the copious amounts of mirrors in the bathroom, there was no proper mirror in the bedroom. The hairdryer was plugged in next to the bed, which meant having to use the, quite frankly useless, vanity mirror (which was magnified) on the dressing table or the small, dark, etched mirror above the bedside cabinet. Is it too much to ask for a wall mirror in the room above the dressing table when you're paying not far off £400 a night???
Also, on the Saturday evening, we fancied watching a movie before bed.....but seriously.....£12 a movie, for a bog standard movie (not even a new release!)??!!!! Again when you're paying almost £400 a night?!

Any minor niggles didn't really matter though, especially when we got back to our room to get ready before going out on the Friday evening to find a complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary and a soft toy to take home for our 3 year old son (who'd been left with family for the weekend!). This was a lovely touch :)

Service was always impeccable, and anything you need is just a (cordless) phone call away. There's no iron in the room...but one was sent up within a few minutes (along with a small ironing board which which had seen better days!).

The Holburn dining room served fabulous breakfast - we had added breakfast to our room rate when we booked as had read that it was worth while, but, as it turned out, unless you have room service everyday, I'd say just pay as you go. We felt that we were eating a lot more than we really needed to just to get what we'd already paid for! (Example: 2x full English breakfast with toast, tea & coffee, plus service charge = about £48. We had paid £28pppn to "include" breakfast. Needless to say, we gorged ourselves on Sunday morning to make up the difference!)

Scarfes Bar has a lovely cosy feel, but does get busy. On the Friday evening (around 5.30/6) all the tables were reserved and we were lucky to nab one stool at the bar. Saturday was similar, but some tables did come free a little bit later. Service is still good though and the prices aren't too bad for London.

All in all we had a fabulous time and wouldn't hesitate to return for another treat in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luffs75
MatthiasRoeke, Managing Director at Rosewood London, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Luffs75,

Thanks very much indeed for taking the time to share your review- it’s greatly appreciated.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for choosing Rosewood London for your anniversary stay ! Once again, very warm congratulations from myself and the team ! I am delighted that you found the service to be impeccable, and bar a few minor niggles, the room to be well appointed and both Scarfes bar and Holborn Dining to be to your liking.

Relationship hospitality and genuine service is at the heart of our ethos so I am immensely pleased that you found the associates to be accommodating and courteous!

Regarding the niggles- we actually have an electricity point in the wardrobe that is ideal for using the hairdryer as it allows you to utilize the full length mirror, so I'm ever so sorry that we didn't point that out to you. Also, the movie provision is in line with our competitors but I most certainly take your point on board.

Nevertheless, I am very grateful for your very kind comments and hope that I might get the opportunity to meet you personally on your next stay in London.

With all my best.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just got back from an overnight stay which we thoroughly enjoyed. First class service from the moment we arrived to the time we left. Friendly staff, lovely rooms, delicious food; perfect in every way. Thank you to all the staff. We will definitely visit again :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TanyaC
Dear TanyaC,

‘Perfect’ is quite the compliment for which I am very grateful !

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us here at Rosewood London and I thank you for identifying the associates as the pinnacle of your experience.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back !