Rosewood London
US$259
US$225
galahotels.com
1,970 results
All reviewsscarfes barmirror roomholborn dining roomhotel dogchancery courthigh holbornbeautiful hotelgin barholborn tube stationcovent gardenbritish museumnespresso machineafternoon teawest endhomewoodluxuryconcierge
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is very classy and elegant without being pretentious nor kitsch. Extremely comfortable bed with very high quality bedding, refused to get out of bed. Spacious room even just a normal classic room. The room has everything you would need to have an amazing stay. There is also a Nespresso machine in the room and very good tea choices.
Excellent location, 2 minutes walk to Holborn station, a bus stop right in front of hotel. Lots of good restaurants around. Stylish classy bar with delicious cocktails (book a table if you want to be seated, it's very busy). Wonderful attentive staff.
Overall a very lovely and high quality hotel, for the price that I paid, it was more than worth it. Will definitely return again if we have a chance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sunshine_penguin00
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I travel to Europe several times a year for business - and among all the hotels I stay in within the major territories, the Rosewood has become my absolutely favorite, hands down. It was recently redone and they just did a superb job. The hotel bar is hip and fabulous and the bed is the most comfortable bed, I swear, in all of Europe.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank CiaofromCA
Reviewed 14 April 2014

In time there is no reason this should not be a great hotel, it has an excellent location and a real eye for visual detail. As a few others have mentioned there is a disconnect between the hotel branding and the staff. More than once I struggled to make myself understood in english and the response to a request for a White Wine Spritzer was comical. Room tech was a little bit over-complex, plug in sink did not work, some seating way too low in bar and restaurant. This was annoying but not a game changer. The restaurants and bars are all separated so there is little of the buzz you would get in grander hotels - the lobby is more of a pass through. The price was top of the range but while the service is sincere it is not yet genuine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank norfolk23
MatthiasRoeke, Managing Director at Rosewood London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear norfolk23,

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your review.

I am so pleased to read that you liked the design and style of the hotel. We place a huge emphasis on our ‘sense of place’ ethos so I’m glad that you found the local area to your liking.

I regret to hear that communication was an issue. As a collective, our associates speak over thirty languages to accommodate all guests. We do provide English classes to ensure that communication with our predominant clientèle, whom are English speakers, is achieved as impeccably. This was clearly not the case in your experience and I extend my sincere apologies for the annoyance. I have spoken with my team to look at ways that we can ensure this doesn't reoccur.

I am terribly sorry that your bathroom plug was not working. Given the opportunity we would of course rectify this as soon as it was highlighted. Nonetheless, this shouldn't have been the case.

I appreciate your comments with regards to Scarfes Bar, Holborn Dining Room and the Mirror Room. Each of the outlets has a completely different philosophy to allow for all tastes and occasions. There is an element of separation and I’m sorry that you felt this retracted from the buzz.

I really do hope that you might return to stay with us on a future trip to London. Please do contact me directly and I would be glad to make the arrangements for you.

I hope to meet you personally in the not too distant future.

Sincerely
Matthias

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Had the most wonderful stay at Rosewood. Staff polite and helpful. Rooms immaculate and spacious. Bedding of the highest quality. Food delicious and caters for all tastes. The little touches are what makes this hotel one if the best in London. Thank you to all for making it such a memorable stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pages1234
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Gorgeous decor, wonderful breakfast, comfortable bed and beautiful room. The staff are attentive and charming. Check in was relaxed but efficient. Will definately return. Thank you to the Rosewood for making a birthday celebration very special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple