“Charming Hotel with Excellent Service”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #15 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Singapore
“Charming Hotel with Excellent Service”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Rosewood for one night at the end of June this year. After a slight hiccup and misunderstanding with my booking which threatened a negative experience, I have to say the Rosewood staff recovered superbly and delivered excellent service all the way.

When you enter the hotel, you are greeted with a lovely scent permeating the lobby. Dark wood and marble are used extensively throughout the hotel and though they make the corridors look rather austere (I almost felt like I was walking through a very old bank), the other furnishings help to soften the look, such as the bird cages (with live birds!), the beautiful hydrangea arrangements and the quirky books scattered throughout.

I booked myself an Executive Room which was perfect for me. The king size bed was supremely comfortable with luxuriously soft linens and I could have stayed in it the whole day. The room comes with complimentary water, coffee and tea as well as a lovely chocolate tart as a welcome dessert. The mini bar is well-stocked though I would have appreciated a little manual in the room telling me what was provided on the house and the services offered by the hotel. I suspect that might have been available on one of the TV menus (now everything seems to be done electronically) but that somehow doesn't suit the style of this hotel.

Location wise, the hotel is within easy walking distance of the Strand, Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden. There is also a bus that takes you to Oxford Circus and Holborn station is just a 2 minute walk away. If you were hoping for a lot of shopping near and around the hotel, you would be disappointed but like I said, Covent Garden and Oxford Circus are not far away.

I also had breakfast at the Holborn Dining Room at the hotel and though I only had a simple breakfast of avocado and tomato on toast and granola with yogurt, I enjoyed it and found service to be excellent (do try their home made granola, it is absolutely delicious and you can buy some to take away too).

All in all, the Rosewood is a beautiful hotel and unless you want to be in the thick of the shopping (in which case you should be staying near Knightsbridge), it is a worth a stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Aegyogirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Middle East
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had stayed at various top hotels in London including a Hilton and a Grand Hyatt, and none of them comes close to the Rosewood. Location is incredible, hotel is within walking distance from many London attractions (British Museum, Covent Garden Market, Leicester Square.... etc). The Holborn underground station is a few steps away from the hotel main entrance. High Holborn is a lively but not too crowded street with many shops, restaurants and cafes within walking distance. We never had breakfast at the hotel and we never had breakfast at the same place twice during our 8 night stay, all within walking distance. Hotel has feel of a grand palace with its center courtyard and magnificent facade. Staff are incredible, rooms very spacious by London standards and well furnished.

Room Tip: If you like peace and quite, then select a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hadi_Hass
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were here for a short honeymoon weekend too relax after our wedding and wanted a luxury hotel to feel pampered. The rosewood did not let us down. Great rooms with fantastic bed linens and beautiful bathrooms. Attentive and kind staff from start too finish.

Prior to arrival the hotel contacted me to enquire about any special needs. I asked for a bouquet of flowers (the same as my wifes wedding bouquet) to be put in our room prior to arrival. They managed this and added complementary champagne and pastry.

Tried out both the bar and the restaurant and was very pleased with both food and drinks.

All in all a really great stay. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Anders W
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 June 2014

New, top quality rooms and fittings, coupled with unpretentious, yet attentive service. I cannot have higher praise for this wonderful property. Scarfes Bar is my definition of what a cool city bar should be. Location is also perfect for my business-and-social needs, being in between the West End and the City.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank milehighj
N. California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Absolutely stunning facility - very modern, brand new and top notch in every respect. The rooms are better than anything in London (e.g., Savoy, Ritz, Claridge's, Four Seasons). WiFi is reasonably fast, fitness center is very good by London/European standards.

Only complaint is the service in the restaurant (for breakfast) is very spotty - they seem to be working on the kinks with the staffing there. Otherwise, I would consider this one of the best truly 5 star properties in the world.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank My3sonsCA
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stopped off for a late night drink. Lovely room, with lots of space, a really nice special atmosphere. The service was excellent and very thoughtful (a cake was presented to my friend who we mentioned was having a special birthday). Really enjoyed it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pierslofi
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at the Rosewood Hotel the nights of June 2-4 following a 14 day Mediterranean cruise. Upon checkin we were told that there was a room upgrade available for 100 pounds per night. We were not told about any other available upgrades. On our second day, while talking with the managing director regarding a hotel amenity, he told us that we were entitled to a lesser but complimentary upgrade at checkin since we used our American Express Platinum card. I told the manager that had that been disclosed to us at checkin we would have taken the free upgrade instead of the costly upgrade that we were offered. The manager did not offer to change our room or waive the 100 pound per night fee. The hotel was beautiful, the dining was spectacular and the rest of the service was great. It was unfortunate that the reception desk and management were less than forthcoming regarding available upgrades costing us 300 pounds ($504 USD) more than we should have spent.

Room Tip: Ask for complimentary upgrade at checkin.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple