I stayed at the Rosewood for one night at the end of June this year. After a slight hiccup and misunderstanding with my booking which threatened a negative experience, I have to say the Rosewood staff recovered superbly and delivered excellent service all the way.
When you enter the hotel, you are greeted with a lovely scent permeating the lobby. Dark wood and marble are used extensively throughout the hotel and though they make the corridors look rather austere (I almost felt like I was walking through a very old bank), the other furnishings help to soften the look, such as the bird cages (with live birds!), the beautiful hydrangea arrangements and the quirky books scattered throughout.
I booked myself an Executive Room which was perfect for me. The king size bed was supremely comfortable with luxuriously soft linens and I could have stayed in it the whole day. The room comes with complimentary water, coffee and tea as well as a lovely chocolate tart as a welcome dessert. The mini bar is well-stocked though I would have appreciated a little manual in the room telling me what was provided on the house and the services offered by the hotel. I suspect that might have been available on one of the TV menus (now everything seems to be done electronically) but that somehow doesn't suit the style of this hotel.
Location wise, the hotel is within easy walking distance of the Strand, Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden. There is also a bus that takes you to Oxford Circus and Holborn station is just a 2 minute walk away. If you were hoping for a lot of shopping near and around the hotel, you would be disappointed but like I said, Covent Garden and Oxford Circus are not far away.
I also had breakfast at the Holborn Dining Room at the hotel and though I only had a simple breakfast of avocado and tomato on toast and granola with yogurt, I enjoyed it and found service to be excellent (do try their home made granola, it is absolutely delicious and you can buy some to take away too).
All in all, the Rosewood is a beautiful hotel and unless you want to be in the thick of the shopping (in which case you should be staying near Knightsbridge), it is a worth a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood London combines English heritage with contemporary sophistication in the very heart of the capital. The Grade II-listed, building has been renovated to provide accommodation with the feel of a stylish London residence. The guestrooms and suites are inspired by a traditional British manor house. The restaurants and bars are destinations in their own right. Recreational facilities include the Sense(R) spa, Rosewood's signature spa brand, and a well-equipped fitness suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rosewood London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chancery Court Hotel, London Hotel London
- Renaissance London
- London Renaissance
- Renaissance Chancery Court London