“Absolutely Magnificent Hotel”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #19 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My first stay at the Rosewood, having stayed at the Savoy and the Berkely, was a fantastic experience. The courtyard entry to a welcoming log fire in the evening is a total Country Lodge in London experience. All staff are fantastic, extremely polite and personable, and the lodge-like uniforms emphasize an attention to detail infrequently found. The feel to the hotel is one of superior quality with a touch of edginess, the rooms and facilities are everything you would expect and more, the free wifi bandwidth is the best I have experienced in any hotel.

The Holburn restaurant is a beautiful dining room, serving delicious cuisine, the staff are excellent, and the maitre d' John is a personable, colorfully-dressed individual who is a wealth of London dining knowledge. I also met Des the owner of Holburn and was most taken by his focus on guest experience and his care and attention to details such as room lighting.

Overall a wonderful stay, I cannot over commend the Rosewood Hotel and the Holburn, and I very much look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms are lovely and quite, with good light coming into the room, I was in an Execu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank AngusMacAngus

Reviewed 14 July 2014

What can I say about this hotel except perfection comes to mind. My wife and I stayed one night because of a wedding. The staff were so attentive and courteous nothing it seemed was too much trouble. If there is one criticism it would be that the make up mirror which stood on a low dressing table, should have been higher up. My wife had to crouch down and it was a little uncomfortable. But the rest.........

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
2  Thank David S
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have just returned from The Rosewood Hotel London. I stayed with my two daughters ,we had an executive room. It was a very spacious room and really well equipped. The bathroom was beautiful with everything provided you could possibly need. The standard of housekeeping was excellent. There was no view as it was a courtyard facing room but really it did not matter. I found the natural light in the room to be good and the magnifying mirrors ,what a brilliant idea. The staff are really friendly ,everyone greets you which is really nice. . I must comment that the Porters and door staff are brilliant. Really helpful with directions and again really friendly. The Holborn breakfast staff are fantastic and the menu really varied. My younger daughter ate more than she has ever eaten in any hotel! I like the fact that breakfast is served and is available till 11 am. Our trip was part of my daughter's 18th bithday present as we were coming to London for a special event. We were given handmade welcome biscuits and they made a beautiful birthday cake . I look forward to our return visit,many thanks to all the staff at The Rosewood.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank sovenna
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I have been coming to this hotel for a number of years. When it closed down for renovation works we were apprehensive and concerned that the refurbishment may spoil the charm of the old "Chancery Court Hotel". We needn't have worried. From the moment we walked into the newly refurbished Rosewood Hotel the enhancements were clear to see. From the decor to the service the changes were remarkable. We have stayed in a number of rooms and suites and each has a unique charm. The aesthetics speak for themselves however the quality of staff is on another level. A special thank you needs to go out to Gary the head doorman who has a special knack of making you feel so welcome and at home. From the first time to the last visit he never forgets a face or a name and is consistently charming. A big thanks Gary for your attentiveness during our birthday stay over the Arsenal weekend. Like I said in the review heading "different class"! Mark & Tamsin Mitchell

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tamsin01342
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have stayed in a number of 5 star hotels in London, but this one appears to be the best yet. Absolutely beautiful fit out of the whole premises from the entrance, reception, rooms and restaurant I can't fault any of it. Great service from all the staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KaybobsL
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Excellent hotel experience in a beautiful and historic london building.large room with a Confortable bed and large bathroom. Walking distance to covent garden theatres and
Restaurants. London tube connection at the corner was very convenient!
The perl is an amazing restaurant, beautiful food, excellent breakfast.
Service is just over the top!
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a massage at the spa! It has the wow factor!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank believe1978
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was awed as I was driving up in a cab. The building is beautiful, it is off the main street in a courtyard. The bell man helped to shield us from the rain as we pulled in with an umbrella. He then offered to chase down the cab when I thought I left my umbrella in it. The lobby is beautiful, the check in staff are great. They let me know where the hair dryer was, where I should plug it in, etc.

The rooms are a good size for London. I have stayed at the Andaz at Liverpool and the Berkeley for work. This is my favorite so far. It's such a great location, steps from the Holborn stop. There is a grocery store next to the hotel, a Starbucks across the street, and many restaurants, bars, and other food shops on the same block. I'm sad I didn't stay here before!

I will definitely stay here again. My only complaint is that the water pressure is poor. Otherwise, It's a lovely hotel at a more reasonable rate than others. I highly recommend it!

I forgot to add, free and GOOD WiFi!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business