“FIRST CLASS EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #18 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Preston, United Kingdom
“FIRST CLASS EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed at the Rosewood before but every time I go back, it gets better and better. A luxurious feel as soon as you go into the Courtyard entrance - the attention to detail is sublime. The staff "bend over backwards" to make you feel welcome - they were especially good with my 6 year old daughter. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 616 - great room with fantastic facilities.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Alison E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have stayed at a few so called top hotels in London, this is definitely in my top two.
We were here as part of our wedding anniversary celebration.
The place is perfect, beautiful decor, great food & bar, staff very polite a little walk to Covent Garden but it's no trouble.
The reason I say 95% ??
First night stay (room 340)was blighted by being woken at 7.30am the next morning by builders throwing bricks into a skip below, not really the hotels fault but a hotel of this class should have known better than to put anyone in a room near the wok going on.
They gave us another room on second floor for our second night, unfortunately we were woken again at 6am with a child running round and shouting, again not the hotels fault, I have three kids and fully understand the how hard I can b in hotels but keep families on the same floors and couples away, it's not often we are away without the kid and get to lie in.
The hotel did try their very best though which was good, it's a newish hotel with the potential to be one of the best in London, I will definately go back.
Staff very helpful (a bit forgetful sometimes) but all in all a fab place.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the coutyard
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank bellair0
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My first stay at the Rosewood, having stayed at the Savoy and the Berkely, was a fantastic experience. The courtyard entry to a welcoming log fire in the evening is a total Country Lodge in London experience. All staff are fantastic, extremely polite and personable, and the lodge-like uniforms emphasize an attention to detail infrequently found. The feel to the hotel is one of superior quality with a touch of edginess, the rooms and facilities are everything you would expect and more, the free wifi bandwidth is the best I have experienced in any hotel.

The Holburn restaurant is a beautiful dining room, serving delicious cuisine, the staff are excellent, and the maitre d' John is a personable, colorfully-dressed individual who is a wealth of London dining knowledge. I also met Des the owner of Holburn and was most taken by his focus on guest experience and his care and attention to details such as room lighting.

Overall a wonderful stay, I cannot over commend the Rosewood Hotel and the Holburn, and I very much look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms are lovely and quite, with good light coming into the room, I was in an Execu...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank AngusMacAngus
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

What can I say about this hotel except perfection comes to mind. My wife and I stayed one night because of a wedding. The staff were so attentive and courteous nothing it seemed was too much trouble. If there is one criticism it would be that the make up mirror which stood on a low dressing table, should have been higher up. My wife had to crouch down and it was a little uncomfortable. But the rest.........

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank David S
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have just returned from The Rosewood Hotel London. I stayed with my two daughters ,we had an executive room. It was a very spacious room and really well equipped. The bathroom was beautiful with everything provided you could possibly need. The standard of housekeeping was excellent. There was no view as it was a courtyard facing room but really it did not matter. I found the natural light in the room to be good and the magnifying mirrors ,what a brilliant idea. The staff are really friendly ,everyone greets you which is really nice. . I must comment that the Porters and door staff are brilliant. Really helpful with directions and again really friendly. The Holborn breakfast staff are fantastic and the menu really varied. My younger daughter ate more than she has ever eaten in any hotel! I like the fact that breakfast is served and is available till 11 am. Our trip was part of my daughter's 18th bithday present as we were coming to London for a special event. We were given handmade welcome biscuits and they made a beautiful birthday cake . I look forward to our return visit,many thanks to all the staff at The Rosewood.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank sovenna
Hever, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been coming to this hotel for a number of years. When it closed down for renovation works we were apprehensive and concerned that the refurbishment may spoil the charm of the old "Chancery Court Hotel". We needn't have worried. From the moment we walked into the newly refurbished Rosewood Hotel the enhancements were clear to see. From the decor to the service the changes were remarkable. We have stayed in a number of rooms and suites and each has a unique charm. The aesthetics speak for themselves however the quality of staff is on another level. A special thank you needs to go out to Gary the head doorman who has a special knack of making you feel so welcome and at home. From the first time to the last visit he never forgets a face or a name and is consistently charming. A big thanks Gary for your attentiveness during our birthday stay over the Arsenal weekend. Like I said in the review heading "different class"! Mark & Tamsin Mitchell

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tamsin01342
Altrincham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have stayed in a number of 5 star hotels in London, but this one appears to be the best yet. Absolutely beautiful fit out of the whole premises from the entrance, reception, rooms and restaurant I can't fault any of it. Great service from all the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple