The Rosewood Hotel seems like a sedate place to stay while visiting London. It is within walking distance of the British Museum.
The staff is very nice but the breakfast service seemed too slow. So, slow in fact that I could not wait. My guest was not sure if the waitress was new, but she seemed to have the whole room for service. Breakfast seemed more British than continental. It was faster walking out of the hotel, cross the street and queue at Starbucks. The hotel seems to be located within walking distance of many pubs and places to eat. The manager found us and apologized and asked us to eat in another part of the Hotel. Meal was good but became bogged down when it filled up.
The multicultural staff was very helpful and polite. A few made sure we were given good instructions as to how to reach local restaurants. One staff member checked to make sure we found a good curry. (It was my best meal in a while. Will review it later.) She confirmed that the driver had given us a good and reputable place to dine. The map used seemed written in micro print but we managed to find our way.
Room is small for a suite. Would call it a large room with King size bed. Linen is changed daily. (Watched as the staff did this.) The bath room is nice and the appointments are bit gaudy. The bath is a touch tall, I am six feet , and it seems hard to step into. The shower controls are nice if you like exacting temperature control. There was also a hand shower for hair washing. The room had both British and American electrical connections. The American connections do work. I am writing this using their current.
Price is a bit steep. If this was in dollars it would be wonderful. I would come here each time. If the room was as sumptuous as the price I would ignore the haggard dining staff. The smallish room drops the rating to very good, or four stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood London combines English heritage with contemporary sophistication in the very heart of the capital. The Grade II-listed, building has been renovated to provide accommodation with the feel of a stylish London residence. The guestrooms and suites are inspired by a traditional British manor house. The restaurants and bars are destinations in their own right. Recreational facilities include the Sense(R) spa, Rosewood's signature spa brand, and a well-equipped fitness suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rosewood London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chancery Court Hotel, London Hotel London
- Renaissance London
- London Renaissance
- Renaissance Chancery Court London