“Feels like home”
Review of Rosewood London

Rosewood London
Ranked #23 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Might be the best hotel I've ever been. Every time I arrive here, it feels like home. André from the reception desk knows my preferences and deals with all of my requests in a friendly and efficient way. When I for breakfast, in the beautiful Mirror Room they immediately start preparing my yoghurt with almonds and apricots. At the night the bar is a wonderful and lively place, with the best waiters you can imagine. This hotel opened it's door less than a year ago and it was exceeding expectations from it's first day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Andre882014

Dear Andre8822014,

There’s no better complement than ‘Feels like home’ I’m thrilled that you enjoy your time with us !

Thanks very much indeed for mentioning Andre as having provided excellent service.

I hope I might have the opportunity to meet you on your next stay.

Matthias

Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our family stayed at the Rosewood London for the first time and it was hands down the best hotel we've had the pleasure to stay in. The staff were so kind and helpful and did everything they could to help us. They always had a smile on their faces and always greeted us. The decor of the hotel is amazing. It is absolutely breathtaking how beautiful both the exteriors and the interiors were. The rooms are immaculate. Yes, it is a little pricey but the minute you walk into one of their rooms, you will understand why it costs so much. The Rosewood provides adapters for your chargers which was very nice of them as many hotels do not go this extra step to make their guests comfortable. The best part of staying at this hotel is the convenience. It is 3 minutes from the Holborn subway station, which connects to two of the major lines in terms of tourist attractions (picadilly and central) and is never more than 3 subway stops from other major lines. It is also a short walk to Oxford Street, where a lot of stores are located. There are also several restaurants within a 5 minute walk. They are mostly quick service cafes, like Pret a Manger, Eat., Caffe Nero, starbucks and they are good if you need to get going early in the morning. There is also a Nando's (which the kids LOVED), McDonalds, Burger King, and a Pizza express nearby if you need quick dining options. The hotel is also a 10-15 minute walk from the British Museum. The Rosewood really was a fantastic experience and made our trip to London so much more convenient and so much more fun.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Michelle L

Dear Michelle L,

It’s great to hear that you and the family felt that Rosewood London was the best hotel you've ever stayed in ! What a compliment ! Its greatly appreciated and I’m very glad we were able to make your time in London that bit more special !

Many thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This review is not damnation by faint praise; the Rosewood London exceeds reasonable expectations in virtually every way. The public spaces are just fabulous, making it fine with me that the guest rooms are understated. Beds and linens are wonderful. We had a room with twin beds (I assume a King room with beds separated). The finishes, furnishings and linens were first rate. The bathroom was small. Service was understated but fine. Housekeeping staff was diligent and friendly. We were a group of "tourists" from the States in a hotel that caters to business travelers. Families will be happy here if they realize the surroundings are subdued and elegant. It's a short walk to nearby Covent Garden. Restaurants line Kingsbury Street just round the corner. The Holborn tube station is a 3 minute walk. The Little Waitrose is next door and quick stop there will make water, Cokes, wine and snacks more affordable than the minibar. I will do everything in my power to return to this remarkable property.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back and had no view but was quiet. (560).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank SunnyTenn
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My Wife & I stayed at The Rosewood Hotel in London for our first wedding anniversary this year and were blown away. This was a last minute arrangement but we were pleasantly surprised at what a lovely hotel this is. Everything from the hotel decor, the service to even the staff in hunting clobber - very British & a nice touch.
I contacted the hotel prior to our stay to request a courtyard room (after reading reviews on here) and mentioned our anniversary. Not only was my request replied to they accommodated us with a courtyard view room & a celebratory cake waiting for us in the room went down a treat. We stayed in a deluxe room, which contained all the latest gadgets, furnishings & fittings were to the highest standard. Lovely high ceilings & spotlessly clean. We partly wanted to not see the show we had booked in favour of staying in our room all night.
However, on returning from our show we went for a few drinks in the hotel bar, Scarfes. Again, the decor was lovely, and the live swing band just set the atmosphere perfectly. With an impressive selection of whiskies, helpful staff (if a little slow with service and prices high even by London standards. ) we had a delightful evening.

Breakfast in the morning at the hotel restaurant, the Holborn dining room was spot on, very fresh & a good start to our day.

We would recommend this hotel 100%. If you haven't already stayed at the rosewood, do so!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank tonymorrell1983

Dear Tonymorrell1983,

Congratulations on your first anniversary ! I’m so pleased that you chose to celebrate with us here at Rosewood London !

I’m very grateful for the super review and I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your celebratory stay.

I hope to see you on your second anniversary !

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I surprised my new wife the night after our wedding and this hotel did not fail to impress. From the moment you enter into the courtyard drop off and greeted the hotel oozes class you would expect from the top 5 star hotels in the world.

We were told on arrival that we would be upgraded to one of their suites. They showed us around and it was draw droppingly amazing. We could not believe how lovely and big the room was. The mini bar was fully complimentary including alcohol, and we have full butler service who was very helpful.

We ate at the Mirror Room for dinner, although a little pricey the food was delicious.

Overall this hotel exceeds standards and I would stay here again on a special occasion.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Simonarch82

Dear Simonarch82,

Firstly, congratulations on your recent wedding ! I am grateful that you chose Rosewood London to celebrate it !

I am thrilled that we were able to create some lasting memories for you and here’s hoping we see you again on your next celebratory stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

One has to take the time to live the hotel; time for breakfast, lunch at courtyard, and drinks at the bar after touring around the city. Staying here just completes the London experience, we'll be looking forward to experience a similar Top5 London hotel soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Adolfo_aBanza

Dear Adolfo_aBanza,

Thank you for choosing us as the end stay of your vacation.

I’m so pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.

Hopefully we’ll see you again on your next trip to London !

All my best

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Rosewood Hotel seems like a sedate place to stay while visiting London. It is within walking distance of the British Museum.

The staff is very nice but the breakfast service seemed too slow. So, slow in fact that I could not wait. My guest was not sure if the waitress was new, but she seemed to have the whole room for service. Breakfast seemed more British than continental. It was faster walking out of the hotel, cross the street and queue at Starbucks. The hotel seems to be located within walking distance of many pubs and places to eat. The manager found us and apologized and asked us to eat in another part of the Hotel. Meal was good but became bogged down when it filled up.

The multicultural staff was very helpful and polite. A few made sure we were given good instructions as to how to reach local restaurants. One staff member checked to make sure we found a good curry. (It was my best meal in a while. Will review it later.) She confirmed that the driver had given us a good and reputable place to dine. The map used seemed written in micro print but we managed to find our way.

Room is small for a suite. Would call it a large room with King size bed. Linen is changed daily. (Watched as the staff did this.) The bath room is nice and the appointments are bit gaudy. The bath is a touch tall, I am six feet , and it seems hard to step into. The shower controls are nice if you like exacting temperature control. There was also a hand shower for hair washing. The room had both British and American electrical connections. The American connections do work. I am writing this using their current.

Price is a bit steep. If this was in dollars it would be wonderful. I would come here each time. If the room was as sumptuous as the price I would ignore the haggard dining staff. The smallish room drops the rating to very good, or four stars.

Room Tip: Request a courtyard room as it seems to be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple