As soon as we arrived to the hotel we were checked into our room, even though we arrived at 12pm and not 2pm, the actual check in time. The staff were very friendly and polite. Our bags were not taken to our room for us which you may expect in a 'luxury 4* Hotel'.
We stayed in the executive double room, lovely big bed and nice big room. The bathroom was lovely, very clean and a huge shower, bathroom included shampoo, conditioner etc as well as a good quality hairdryer in the room. It is clear that the whole hotel has been recently decorated to a high standard. The room was definitely up to 4 or 5* standard, very spacious for a London hotel too.
The breakfast was really good quality food, and although in a small room there was enough to choose from. However the food was slow to be replaced when it had all gone so we were waiting around for a while for more. Plates we had finished with also took a while to get taken away so the table was cramped.
There is a small bar area, this was nice and relaxing, it was a shame that the draught beers were not available, also the waitress did get both my orders wrong, but she did replace them when I informed her of this.
The location of this hotel is perfect, you couldn't ask for any better. 1 minute from Leicester Square, no more then 5 to Piccadilly and 30 seconds to Trafalgar Square.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere pleasant to stay for a couple of nights with a very central location. Service was average and there were no other facilities, if you were looking to stay for 5 or more nights you might want to consider somewhere with more facilities and slightly better service. However perfect for a one or two night city break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in a hidden gem that’s just around the corner from the hustle and bustle of Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, Soho and Covent Garden. You can make yourself at home in one of our 108 en-suite rooms, dine al fresco on the terrace, or relax with a drink in our stylish, comfortable lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Prestigia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Thistle Trafalgar Square, The Royal Trafalgar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Trafalgar, London Hotel London
- Royal Trafalgar By Thistle London
- Thistle Trafalgar Square