We were booked here by my husband's company who sent him and a colleague to London on business. Where as my husband's colleague's room was tiny (queen bed with little room to maneuver on the 6th floor), ours had a king bed and enough room to spread out for our 4-night stay. The best part of this hotel is its location; you can't much beat being directly behind the National Gallery and a 5 minute walk from the Piccadilly Circus and Charing Cross tube stations. Despite being so close to both, it was very quiet (and we were on the street side of the hotel). The service was also very good; every one of the staff members with whom we interacted spoke a language other than English (e.g. Italian, French, Hungarian... great for foreign travelers). The breakfast was filling, so booking with that option is more than worth it. Eggs, beans, smoked fish, tomatoes, cold meats and cheeses, fruits, veggie sausages, bacon, pancakes, muesli fixings, yoghurt, breads, croissants, coffee, and tea. Needless to say, I didn't have to have lunch at all. The bathroom was tiny but fine. I'm still wondering why Europeans think that one shower glass pane is enough to keep water inside the tub (this isn't my first experience with a shower that can't fit anyone taller than 6'2" or so and with only one glass "door"). I recommend this hotel so long as you can get a king bed room and breakfast. Also, they'll book you a reasonably priced car service back to the airport! Better than taking a black cab.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There aren’t many genuinely quiet streets right in the heart of London. But they do exist - and we’re on one of them. In fact, you might never guess that Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square are within a few minutes’ walk. The Royal Trafalgar has the City on one side, Whitehall on the other and history everywhere you look. The National Gallery is literally next door, as is the square that shares our name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Thistle Trafalgar Square, The Royal Trafalgar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Trafalgar, London Hotel London
- Royal Trafalgar By Thistle London
- Thistle Trafalgar Square