I would agree with other reviews that this hotel is clean and tidy and is a great location. Perhaps we were just very unlikely to find an assortment of staff who whilst very pleasant as individuals had little or no idea how to successfully offer hospitality to its customers. We arrived on the Saturday of Gay Pride (unplanned) thus had to walk to the hotel from the outskirts of the square, we were also walking in torrential rain (also unplanned). By the time we arrived at the hotel we were not just wet but absolutely soaking. As a matter of human kindness let alone hotel hospitality one would imagine that at least towels would be brought promptly. An hour later a couple of hand towels to dry 4 of us were offered. During that hour we had tried to order an aperitif. The order was brought incorrectly TWICE and an order for olives had not arrived within that hour and we had to cancel them. Nothing was done to compensate for this 'Fawlty Towers' experience. No concern at all was expressed about our welfare or comfort. Our stay was in order to accomodate a concert at the 02. Returning at just after midnight the doors were locked and we had to hold our room keys up to the window for the night staff to inspect them. This is humiliating and certainly not what I would expect for over £200 for the room alone. And on to the room. One of the rooms was of an average size and the other room which was equi priced was tiny. A shower but no bath. This was not explained at the point of booking or when we were eventually allowed to access our rooms. I am partially disabled and hence found the lack of space in the room uncomfortable and difficult to cope with. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Maintenance and housekeeping therefore - Good Job! The customer service was dire. I would not recommend this hotel. I would not stay at this hotel again. The experience was so disappointing I would hesitate to book another Thistle lest it be the same. I would rather have a slightly tatty room and excellent customer service any day of the week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There aren’t many genuinely quiet streets right in the heart of London. But they do exist - and we’re on one of them. In fact, you might never guess that Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square are within a few minutes’ walk. The Royal Trafalgar has the City on one side, Whitehall on the other and history everywhere you look. The National Gallery is literally next door, as is the square that shares our name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Thistle Trafalgar Square, The Royal Trafalgar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Trafalgar, London Hotel London
- Royal Trafalgar By Thistle London
- Thistle Trafalgar Square