“Lovely stay”

Thistle Trafalgar Square, The Royal Trafalgar
Ranked #202 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here for one night over the bank holiday weekend, and i must say after staying at the Thistle Piccadilly this really did restore my faith in the Thistle chains!

Yes there was a problem but the way it was handled was fantastic and to me that's the most important thing! We had an issue with plumbing in our room (we were intially upgraded from a standard double room to an executive as it was my brithday YAY!). Anyway the way in which the receptionist (Natasha/Tasha) handled our issue was fantastic she also upgraded us to a junior suite which was lovely, the view wasn't so great but the room was really nice.

The next morning, again I found the staff (not Tasha) to be slightly inflexible with regards to meeting your needs, again we asked for a later check out (as we had to switch rooms pretty late around 11pm ish) but was told no as the hotel was sold out and the rooms had to be cleaned, however when we were contemplating booking for another night, suprise suprise there was availability!.

Anyway overall a lovely stay and very convenient to the local attractions, Natasha actually made my stay because she was lovely, friendly and offered the level of customer service that a 4/5 star hotel should, she is a gem to the hotel!

We will be staying again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul K, General Manager at Thistle Trafalgar Square, The Royal Trafalgar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Thistle Royal Trafalgar Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team looked after you, particularly Tasha.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have stayed in many different hotels in London and in several different locations. If you want to to be near to The West End then this is about as convenient as you can get. Situated between Trafalgar Square and Leicester Square but in a relatively quiet street. There are many London hotels that charge stupid prices but this is fairly reasonable if you can call £195 per night reasonable. We had a nice room 324, not much of a view but well furnished.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Thistle Royal Trafalgar Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team looked after you. As you note the hotel is in a great location between Leicester Square and Trafalgar Square which means you are in easy reach of all the key tourists sites that London has to offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We have spent 3 nights there and we only have good comments. The location is ideal because it is very central, close to most of the todo for a city trip in London.

The personal is very warm and welcome. The room was great and we did enjoy a lot our stay!

To be recommended.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thomasdirick
Paul K, General Manager at Thistle Trafalgar Square, The Royal Trafalgar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Thistle Royal Trafalgar Hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel. The room was disappointingly small. The room service was poor quality. Good service and good location if you really want to be smack bang in the hustle and bustle. It wasn't our cup of tea due to being too busy / noisy and the room so basic.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vannessa F

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. With regards to the size of our rooms we do have a number of larger bedrooms available in our Executive and Junior Suite rooms which are far larger and have some added touches such as bathrobes and mineral water which are available for a nightly supplement.

Should you be staying with us in the future please contact me directly at paul.knightley@thistle.co.uk and I will ensure that your stay with us will be a positive one.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is a great location, really close to Trafalgar Square and Leicester Square and off the main streets so it is quite on a night away from all of the crowds. The room that I had was a standard double room which was big enough for me as I was there by myself. My parents had a bigger room however they paid for a executive king room which was more suitable for a couple.

The rooms were clean and the hotel in general was really nice and the staff were always happy to help. What made the stay was a barman named Andrea, he was really friendly and made you feel so welcome so I would definitely recommend that you ask for him if you go into the bar.

The breakfast area was a little cramped however the food was always hot and well presented. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose an Executive King Room for a more spacious stay
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NicMonB

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Thistle Royal Trafalgar Hotel. I was pleased to read that you and your parents had enjoyed your stay and that the team, particularly Andrea, had looked after you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights during a recent visit to London (15th and 16th Aug). I had spent 1 night at the hotel previously on business so I knew what to expect.

I booked an executive double room and while the room wasn't huge, it was spacious enough, tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. We had a huge queen size bed with a proper walk in, double shower which suited me just fine as I'm quite a big guy.

The public ares were also tastefully decorated and again, spotlessly clean. The breakfast in the mornings was of a buffet style and were ideal for the busy day ahead.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel is perfect if you want to be near Leicester Square and the theatres etc.

I will definately be returning to this hotel before the end of the year!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive if possible
1  Thank rob_from_wales

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Thistle Royal Trafalgar Hotel. I was please to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that the team looked after you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel later in the year.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a night on Sunday 10th August as it was my boyfriend's 40 so I had planned a break in London. When we first arrived, the room was not ready but the receptionist was very apologetic and she immediately decided to provide us a free breakfast without my prompt.

We couldn't wait until the room was ready as we had to rush off for a late lunch reservation so they reassured us that they will store our bags until we get back to check in.

When we got back late evening, the staff had changed but the new ones were very attentive and helpful. Our room was brilliant, a junior suite rm 427 which was lovely and had so much space. In addition it was in a quiet area as we slept soundly, no noise and the next day we could not believe how quiet despite being a stone throw away from Leicester Square!

The breakfast was brilliant and the food was constantly kept fresh, also the staff were attentive to our needs. I even got an omelette made for me... which was big plus!!

We had late checkout so we wandered around London and came back in time to check out before leaving the bags in storage so that we could continue enjoying London!

I have also recommended this hotel to my in-laws and friends alike!

Thank you guys and you will definitely see us again soon, hopefully we will get the same room too :-)

1  Thank ksuzan

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies that your room was not ready on your arrival but I was please to see that the team looked after you.

Please let me know when you are next coming to stay and ill try to get you the same room!