“compliment”

GreenLeadersGold level
Agios Nikolaos, Greece
“compliment”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

as i am a loyal guest in your house, i'll stay at your Hotel whenever i'm in London.
my friends, were also pleased with the Hotel and will stay there again.
the Location is very near to every place you want to go!

Room Tip: if you want a quiet room, let them know and you'll get it!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
DavidMacrae, General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Marcel,

Your review is very much appreciated, thank you very much, and I am most grateful for your loyalty to our hotel. I look forward to seeing you and your friends on another occasion.

David MacRae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,561)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

If you are looking for a Hotel near the Thames or Covent Garden, The Strand is in a great location! I had an executive double which was nice. Only fault was the bed. Quite firm and hurt my back. I only stayed one night so not too bad, but maybe the Hotel will take my comments on board about this. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is very spacious and clean. I didnt have any meals there, but overrall a pleasant stay.

1 Thank Deb1206
DavidMacrae, General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Deb,

Many thanks for your kind comments about our hotel and our staff, they are much appreciated and I am glad that your stay was pleasant overall.

As to your feedback about the bed, yes, we would certainly take your comments on board. I will get that bed and mattress checked out to see if there is a problem. If you wouldn’t mind emailing my house managers to tell them which room you stayed in (or the name in which the booking was made) we will investigate. The address is:

house.managers@strandpalacehotel.co.uk

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed in London mid November. I was travelling alone and found that the club single room was all that I needed. It has a closet enough to fit clothes for one person and the bathroom is a good size too. Much smaller room than a standard, only because it is a single room with a single bed. Room comes with TV, hair dryer, however no mini fridge.
The Strand Palace is a lovely hotel with great staff who are willing to help with any questions you may have in regards to where you need to go and how to get there.
The buffet breakfast is absolutely delicious, with the choice of fresh fruit salads, cold juices, tea and coffee an assortment of breads and hot foods such as baked beans, eggs, bacon etc.
Highly recommended hotel!!

DavidMacrae, General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Dana,

Thank you very much for your review and for recommending us. Your kind remark about my staff is also much appreciated.

Paris, France
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Hotel located on Strand. Everything is walking distance. Covent garden substation is about 5 min walk. There is a bus stop just in front of the hotel with a direct line to Victoria station. Plenty of restaurants around. Very nice area. Difficult to be more in the center.
The hotel itself is a bit old fashionned but clean. Very friendly staff. I booked a single room so it was rather small and dark as it was located at the back of the hotel. Quiet and clean room with complimentary bottle of water. I was surprized by the size of the bathroom which was rather big compared to the size of the room. The toilets corner was really tiny.
Breakfast served in the restaurant. Large choice of dishes but very noisy and crowded place. You have to queue before entering the room.
Complimentary wifi in the hotel which works very well.
I did not have the opportunity to test the hotel restaurant.
This hotel can be a good choice for family.

Dear Frederic,

Many thanks for your review, your kind comment about my staff and your recommendation of our hotel for families.

Halesowen, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have stayed several times at the Strand Palace and can honestly say this is one of the better hotels in central London. You could not get much closer to Covent Garden. The room rates are fair, the beds are comfy, the showers are brilliant and the rooms are clean. The hotel has had a refurb over a period of time and it is much better than it as a few years ago. The staff are excellent and helpful and the bar staff in the Mask bar are very attentive. I come on my own as well as with friends and if you are a solo traveller you can be assured that you will not feel "awkward" if you go in the bar alone or to one of the restaurants (but don't let them sit you in the window in the curry house - you feel like you are on display! All in all a good hotel - please keep up the good work and most of all keep up the cleanliness of the hotel as this is a major factor for wherever I stay and I am sure many other people's. I always say if the carpets are hoovered, the towels and the sheets are clean and the bathroom is clean then it is fine by me. Will be seeing you again as soon as I can get there.

2 Thank Jennifer W
Dear Jennifer,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review – thank you – and I am delighted to learn that you have stayed with us several times and plan to do so again. Your kind comments about my staff ensuring that solo travellers are looked after well are much appreciated, though I do take your point about being ‘in the window’!

Looking forward very much to seeing you again soon…

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stay here when visiting ROH., BFI., Courtauld, Somerset House, NPG., etc., as it is very close at hand.

It's very comfortable, not as extortionate as some London hotels although fairly impersonal. Staff good.

I didn't have breakfast here this trip as I don't find it good value and not especially great.

Room Tip: Some cheaper rooms may be very small and without windows.
Dear Roger,

Many thanks for posting your review and for your kind comment about my staff and about Strand palace being good value, though I was naturally disappointed to read that our breakfast didn't measure up for you.

glesga
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed at the Strand Palace for 3 nights and what a great location it's right across from the savoy where we had tickets for "Let it be" which was brill (ignore the reviews on it) it's also central for getting about as you only have to walk to Trafalgar Square and you can pick up bus or tube to where ever you fancy. The hotel from start to finish was a good experience staff at check in we're quick and efficient room was lovely and very clean also serviced daily, with tea coffee facilities bathroom only had a shower which was very powerful lovely fluffy towels as well as a good range of toiletries. Nothing to complain about the bed as it was very comfortable and we had 3 good nights sleep. On the down side due to how busy the hotel appeared to be there was long queue for breakfast however they did open the other dinning area to help with this issue, breakfast was great everything and more and a good variety. The 2 doormen were excellent with a great knowledge of London each morning we said where we wished to go and they gave us very accurate directions. All in all it was a very pleasant stay and we both enjoyed our time there we also took in another show "The Commitments" which was an excellent show although a little overpriced. We will return and will recommend this hotel to our family and friends

Room Tip: The rooms to the back were nice and quiet with no noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and that you got to visit a number of shows. Your kind comments about Strand Palace are very much appreciated and I was delighted to read that we will be seeing you again on another visit.