Strand Palace Hotel
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
US$366
US$265
Priceline
  • Room Service
11,003 results
All reviewscovent gardenwooden shuttersgin palacegreat locationmask bartrafalgar squaresingle roomcharing cross stationwest endlounge barexecutive roomtheatre landcentral locationlarge hotelrooms are smalllondon eyefull english
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had one night on the way back to the States from 6 weeks in Turkey and Greece. Thought we'd take in a show. This is the hotel for that - within walking distance of at least a dozen theaters both large and small. Within walking distance of my favorite pub, the Lamb and Flag, and especially Gordon's Wine Bar on the Embankment. Nice room - really liked that I could finally brush my teeth with water from the sink - great bed. Nice staff. The breakfast was above average - very efficient breakfast staff. The most reasonably-priced hotel we found among the extortionate rates that are common in central London - we will use this as a base in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DavidMacrae, General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Debbie,

I am both glad and sad! Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, sad that it was only for one night. But you clearly packed a lot into your short visit.

Your kind comments are gratefully received, thank you, especially about my staff and our being good value. I look forward to having the chance of seeing you both again, for a longer period next time I hope.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

as i am a loyal guest in your house, i'll stay at your Hotel whenever i'm in London.
my friends, were also pleased with the Hotel and will stay there again.
the Location is very near to every place you want to go!

Room Tip: if you want a quiet room, let them know and you'll get it!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Marcel,

Your review is very much appreciated, thank you very much, and I am most grateful for your loyalty to our hotel. I look forward to seeing you and your friends on another occasion.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

If you are looking for a Hotel near the Thames or Covent Garden, The Strand is in a great location! I had an executive double which was nice. Only fault was the bed. Quite firm and hurt my back. I only stayed one night so not too bad, but maybe the Hotel will take my comments on board about this. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is very spacious and clean. I didnt have any meals there, but overrall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Deb1206
DavidMacrae, General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Deb,

Many thanks for your kind comments about our hotel and our staff, they are much appreciated and I am glad that your stay was pleasant overall.

As to your feedback about the bed, yes, we would certainly take your comments on board. I will get that bed and mattress checked out to see if there is a problem. If you wouldn’t mind emailing my house managers to tell them which room you stayed in (or the name in which the booking was made) we will investigate. The address is:

house.managers@strandpalacehotel.co.uk

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed in London mid November. I was travelling alone and found that the club single room was all that I needed. It has a closet enough to fit clothes for one person and the bathroom is a good size too. Much smaller room than a standard, only because it is a single room with a single bed. Room comes with TV, hair dryer, however no mini fridge.
The Strand Palace is a lovely hotel with great staff who are willing to help with any questions you may have in regards to where you need to go and how to get there.
The buffet breakfast is absolutely delicious, with the choice of fresh fruit salads, cold juices, tea and coffee an assortment of breads and hot foods such as baked beans, eggs, bacon etc.
Highly recommended hotel!!

DavidMacrae, General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Dana,

Thank you very much for your review and for recommending us. Your kind remark about my staff is also much appreciated.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Hotel located on Strand. Everything is walking distance. Covent garden substation is about 5 min walk. There is a bus stop just in front of the hotel with a direct line to Victoria station. Plenty of restaurants around. Very nice area. Difficult to be more in the center.
The hotel itself is a bit old fashionned but clean. Very friendly staff. I booked a single room so it was rather small and dark as it was located at the back of the hotel. Quiet and clean room with complimentary bottle of water. I was surprized by the size of the bathroom which was rather big compared to the size of the room. The toilets corner was really tiny.
Breakfast served in the restaurant. Large choice of dishes but very noisy and crowded place. You have to queue before entering the room.
Complimentary wifi in the hotel which works very well.
I did not have the opportunity to test the hotel restaurant.
This hotel can be a good choice for family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Frederic,

Many thanks for your review, your kind comment about my staff and your recommendation of our hotel for families.