“Fab Hotel!”

Strand Palace Hotel
Ranked #448 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Arrived 2 hours earlier than our allocated check in time, but we were allocated a room straight away, with a free upgrade to an executive room. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was exceptional. Only complaint was that we couldn't keep the lovely dressing gowns - ha ha! Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 7th floor at the rear of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
DavidMacrae, General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Claire,

Your review is fab too – thank you very much! I am delighted you liked the dressing gowns in particular and look forward to seeing you again on another stay at Strand Palace.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

A very nice clean, modern hotel in a great location on the Strand. You can walk to Covent Garden market in 5 mins. Rooms are well appointed and very clean. The concierge staff were very helpful and room service was prompt. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank niney85

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice comments – we would be delighted to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night in February. The hotel is in a great central location. Walking distance to loads of attractions.

Room was very clean and smart and we had been upgraded to an executive room for no charge. Also having access to the new Covent Garden Executive breakfast lounge which we didn't use because another member of our party was just staying in a standard room. Anyway, breakfast was very good and lots of choice. Just very busy and we had to wait for a table.

Few bad points. Check in was painfully slow. They need to speed this up and simplify the check in process. Noise in the room during the night is absolutely horrific. You can hear the bathrooms next to your room. Running water is so so loud. Actually so loud it is as if the next room is running your bath. This woke us up in the night. We stayed in room 378. This really spoils this hotel as it disrupts your sleep. The bed didn't seem wide enough also to say it was a double.

Other than our little moans this hotel is pretty good.

Sort out the noisy water pipes or whatever it is and we will be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I take your point about the noisy bathroom next to the one you stayed in and will look into what we can do to cure the problem. I am sorry you were disturbed by it. And I accept that occasionally, check-in can be slow at very busy times. It doesn’t happen too often but I can understand how annoying it must be.

But thank you all the same for your kind comments generally about our hotel.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit at the Strand Palace hotel. I stay at the hotel mainly because of its location its in an excellent location for covent garden, Leicester Square, Oxford Street and tubes etc.
Its a pleasant enough hotel. Its very clean and the staff are always helpful, but I cant help but feel its all a bit bland. The hotel doesnt offer anything spectacular.
the duvet in my room was so thin I had to sleep with a jumper on. My shower was making horrendous noises throughout the night which kept me awake. This is not the first time its happened. Every morning there was a horrible smell in my bathroom.
The food is nice enough.
Its a nice clean pleasant hotel which offers a prime location but for some reason ig just reminds me of a premier inn in a posh building. This will be my last stay

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Emma,

I was sad to read that your recent stay will be your last. I do hope you change your mind.

I would be most grateful if you could let us know which room you stayed in – a morning smell and noisy shower are not acceptable and I want to get these fixed. The email address to let us know is: house.managers@strandpalacehotel.co.uk.

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your review (and for your previous review too).

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

You can walk almost any place most known in London.Room was small but very clean and comfortable.Reasonable quiet even if walls between rooms are not very well isolate.For one person it's fine.Good breakfast with many choices.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review – it is most appreciated.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I stay weekly for business, great hotel, early breakfast starts at 630, regularly get free upgrades on checkin most weeks. Bar is pricey, but most hotels are. Plenty of choice for food at the restaurants. Rooms are spacious, all have heaters and safes, and some have ipad docking stations.
Check in can be a 20min process sometimes due to the vol of people checking in.
Recommend above a ibis or the like.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Simon,

It is great to see a review from one of our very frequent business guests. Thank you. Sorry about the check-in though, which I know can be slow at peak times. I am looking into what can done about this.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

i enjoyed one week in the Hotel, its close to the center, has a delicious breakfast and dinner. the employees are very helpful and with smiley faces.

but in my room, i couldn't wash my face in hot water, because it was dirty (somehow white)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I was horrified to hear that you thought your hot water was dirty. I can assure you that it isn't, but I want to check it out. If you didn’t mention this to my staff during your stay, I would be grateful if you could let us know your room number on: house.managers@strandpalacehotel.co.uk. Thank you.