“Short business trip.”

GreenLeadersGold level
England
“Short business trip.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Strand Palace for 3 nights whilst on a course with work with three colleagues. The hotel is in a fantastic location, right opposite the Savoy and is in amongst the theatres. It is also in walking distance to most attractions such as Covent Gardens, Trafalgar Square, China Town, Piccadilly Gardens, the Thames etc. There are a number of good restaurants close by if you choose not to eat at the hotel.

The hotel itself was clean and tidy, we had single rooms which were very small but had everything we required, there was a TV, tea making facilities and toiletries. The rates were quite expensive and varied extensively throughout the week starting from £100 to £170.

The breakfast was lovely, no complaints at all, we were seated quickly and when the main breakfast room was full there was a second room which is an Indian restaurant at lunch and dinner where breakfast was served. The variety was fantastic from continental to a full English served buffet style so you could help yourself. There was also plenty to drink from tea, coffee to a range of fruit juice or water.

The hotel seemed busy and had a number of bars and restaurants to choose from with access to a souvenir shop. The lobby was a good spacious area, ideal as a meeting point. The staff seemed very pleasant and friendly. As we were there on business we never used the on site facility for booking trips, theatre tickets etc but this is a good facility to have available on site.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and for other business trips.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,499)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed at the Strand Palace for a week on a business visit, the hotel is located in a very central location, walking distance from a station and also from few tourist attractions. The rooms are very plain and small, but clean. the staff is polite and helpful. The restaurants and the bar is pretty good. there is a coffee shop to buy a quick snack. They serve a decent breakfast. The hotel is located in a great location, so everything is few minutes away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Oshi2009
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in a perfect and very convenient location in Central London. We could walk everywhere.

The breakfast was also great!

The only negative was the shower was tiny and it was on a "platform" of sorts. Any regular sized male would brush their head against the ceiling in it. A above average sized male would have to bend over. The shower was also very skinny.

Other the the shower the hotel and the staff were great though!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had a double room, and as others have said, it wasn't huge but it was big enough and also had a desk so I could do some work. This hotel is in a fantastic location, and the hotel itself has everything - a decent restaurant, a bar for late night drinks and free wifi. It also has a tourist information counter, with really helpful staff who answered all our questions and could also sell us tube tickets. They also sell discounted tickets to the many theatres nearby. This counter made our stay in London considerably easier than it otherwise might have been. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Strand Palace for 2 nights. Compared to our stay at the Grosvenor earlier in our trip, the Strand was quite different! The decor was much more spartan - the hallways and rooms were very plain. However, the rooms were clean and the bathrooms were the biggest on our trip yet, so the room did its job.

Once you walk out of the hotel, the streets are buzzing with excitement. It was a longer walk to any of the Underground stations (Covent Garden is under construction, which would have made things easier), but we could easily walk to Trafalgar Square and Westminster Abbey in 15-20 minutes. Covent Garden Market was literally 2 blocks away, and it was fun to pop over and check out the street performers while enjoying a tasty gelato.

The restaurants and theaters nearby were the best! It really was a very cool vibe (speaking as a tourist, of course), and I would recommend this location to anyone that wants to be part of the excitement. If you are in need of a serene break, the Thames is just a few blocks away, and walking through the gardens and greenery was lovely.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuckyJoanna
Scotland, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Single rooms are tiny at this hotel. I asked to be moved from my 1st room, which was effectively an awkward shaped cupboard, and was given a regular-shaped, marginally larger room. Wardrobe space = 1 rail with 5 coat hangers. The hotel is in a very central location, which is the high point, and it's clean. Breakfast is fine. But the place has been designed by a committee of accountants, to eke out the maximum profit. It's a remarkably joyless experience to stay there.

Room Tip: Complain if you are given a broom cupboard. Some rooms seem to have been refurbished, but not all.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DoctorWScotland_UK
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I've recently returned from a two night stay here. Fantastic location and like another reviewer has posted below - a great place to situate yourself in for the Mararthon finish line. I arrived at 11.30am on Saturday the 12th, not expecting to be given access to my room that early but hoping to drop off my suitcase. I was greeted by the helpfull, patient and attentitve Heloise on reception, who, much to my delight and surprise, informed me that my room was ready. Great start ! My room was perfect for what I required, spotlessly clean and very quiet considering the size of the hotel and it being so central.

There was a fantastic atmosphere in the Foyer. People meeting friends there, some reading, others havng a drink. There were also plenty of staff who were more than happy to answer the any queries.

I had my pre marathon cereal in the Carvery resteraunt on the Sunday, despite not eating the cereal on offer. I had my own with me ( I stick with the same cereal before an event ) but Carvery staff were happy to allow me a table in their delightfull resteraunt where I used their milk, plates etc. I DID have a full breakfast on the Monday. I earned it, lol. The buffet was varied and delicous.

All in all , I had a fantastic stay. What sets this hotel apart for me , from others I've stayed in, is the friendly helpfull staff and the welcoming Foyer area. One final mention about Sen in the Concierge area. I was waiting behind a couple of others to have a query answered. I watched as he dealt with everything that came his way with enthusiasm and a smile ..... even though the lady in front of me was proving to a ' little difficult '. I take my hat off to him,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends