“A NOSTALGIA TRIP OF 5 DAYS”

Strand Palace Hotel
Ranked #438 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and myself spent 5 days in April this year staying at the Strand Palace.This was the place
many years ago when we were young in the early 1950s going to Dinner and Dances there.
The Palace has greatly changed since then much no doubt to the better as it has recently been refurbished to a good standard and the plus for being right in the heart of London with Theatres
Restaurants,and Buses on the doorstep
On our arrival we were greeted by the Doorman who took our cases into the Hotel,Reception was
excellent and had a choice of rooms having booked in November 2013.The room was excellent
and very clean.Hope to return again next year all being well as we are now in our 80s

Room Tip: we were on the 7th floor with window open facing the Strand you could hardly hear the traffic
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daisy635678
There are newer reviews for Strand Palace Hotel

Reviewed 26 April 2014

For the price you would expect great service and a CLEAN Room. I didn't experience any of this.
I opened my towel in my twin room to find a very nasty stain and then trying to call a friend I found I had no reception on my phone at all.
These 2 things alone meant spending the night was a hassle and un enjoyable time.

The TV Is small and badly placed close to the ceiling, and when I got to sleep late after work we where rudely awakened Very early in the morning by staff coming in to clean without warning.

I would have hoped such a prestigious Hotel could get the basics. so then they could focus on the more important stuff.

Room Tip: Try asking for one with better phone signal.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Michelle L, PA to the General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
We would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
Whilst it is unacceptable for the towels to have stains on and that you had no mobile reception in the bedroom, had these matters been brought to our attention, we would have rectified both.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Second visit to this hotel for a theatre break. Everything was much better this time – check in was speedy, room was more modern & bigger. We had one of the first few rooms from the lifts and were worried we would have lots of noise but we didn’t. Also had a drink in the bar at night which was nice as was breakfast. This hotel will always be my preference if going for the theatre as the location is excellent!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Demi P
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We traveled in February 2013, and I am finally getting around to reviewing this very nice hotel, which at the time was quite a value for its location and, from my title, you can tell that it's location is great. Close to many great London attractions. A block from Covent Garden and the great shopping. A short walk to Trafalgar Square. Walk to the West End. A great walk across the bridge to the National Theater and many convenient bus lines are in front. I like taking the bus in London for shorter trips as a means of sightseeing. Covent Garden tube stop is a couple blocks away.

As to the hotel itself I have no complaints. Hallways are a little run down. But the rooms and bathrooms were of decent size for a London non luxury hotel. The hotel was in the midst of refurbishing when I was there and we got a wonderful deal. The price was competitive with the BnBs by London University and the location here is far more convenient and fun.

I would suggest NOT buying the breakfast as an add on as there are breakfast places adjacent to the hotel with better food and much lower prices.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank REH999
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very central hotel, everything is within walking distance. Would certainly recommend and stay here again. If you are intending going to see The Bodyguard this hotel couldn't be nearer, a 2 minute walk and you are there.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, we did and it was ok and we managed to sleep well.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very central, quite old and a bit basic but everyone knows the kind of place it is and on that level it works well. Wouldn't come here all the time and usually have breakfast out at one of the numerous cafes close by

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights over Easter , hotel location is great , staff pleasant and helpful beds comfy
Breakfast was great ( if it's included in your room rate. I wouldn't want to pay £18 for it tho )
I would stay here again