“Serves business visits”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cairo, Egypt
“Serves business visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Used the hotel on a business trip. Feedback from colleagues who used it previously was that the rooms were tiny. I was lucky and had a good room. Not too spacious but not as tiny as they had told me it was.
Easy access to Oxford street from it and has lots of restaurants and Halal restaurants around the corner. Check in check out are smooth.

• Stayed February 2014
Michelle L, PA to the General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,496)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
MADRID
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I always stay at this hotel when travelling on business. Great location! Room is not huge, more on the small side, but it has all you need really, a comfortable bed and good amenities. I feel like at home away from home. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a special treat for the ladies, high tea at the Strand Palace. Reservations was easy and the reception by the staff was prompt and friendly.The problem was the food soggy cakes and flavourless sandwiches plenty to eat if you could stomach it. A very poor show for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ticklegj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This the hotel I stay the most when I travel for London for business, and it's very conveniently located in the Strand. Rooms generally speaking are small although sometimes it's possible to get free upgrades for a slightly larger one. Breakfasts is good enough and staff is friendly. For London standards this hotel is fine.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the 7th floor as the big aircon machines must be there and the noise goes on. Also if...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David C
Michelle L, PA to the General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we do appreciate your comments.
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I stayed 4 nights in Strand Palace Hotel, in standard room number 738. We choosed this Hotel for its good location and relatively cheap price for the rooms. Actually, we came to London to visit the city and not to stay inside the Hotel, except to sleep and to have breakfast. So, we asked for a quiet room on high floor and we got it.
Our room did not have air conditioning, but it was ok to open our window, as the view was on the interior court of the hotel (meaning nothing to watch, but quiet !). The room itself was like new (renovated), small, 2 beds and bathroom with shower, toilet. Well, just to sleep, it was acceptable. TV was on the wall, so you could only watch it when sitted on the bed, you will see on the photos I will soon add.
What we liked is definitively the central location of the Hotel, very close to Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Leicester Square, Westminster Bridge, 10 Downing Street, etc. So, we could enjoy all attractions almost only going by foot (we were really tired at the end of our long days...). What we did not like is the breakfast and its food. You are sitted by a staff of the restaurant, as it is almost full at any time you are coming to eat... Hotel was really well crowded and just be aware that there are a lot of (small) rooms and can accomodate a lot of clients !!! As far as everybody is going to eat between 08:30 and 10:00, expect a lot of people and noise all around. It was somehow like to eat in a cantine or a factory restaurant, noisy, crowded, not great food, very fat and always people moving around you. Tables are too close to each others and people can easily listen to your conversation if you are trying to speak with your partner...

Well, to resume our stay inside this Hotel, I will say that :

Positive points :
--------------------
1) Portier (when on duty) is really helpful and always opening the main door or offering his help with luggages.
2) Location of the Hotel is excellent, close to metro station Charing Cross and Covent Garden, a lot of buses around and close to main local attractions by foot (10-20 minutes).
3) 2 free bottles of water daily in the room.

Point to be improved :
----------------------------
1) Breakfast is typically english : untasty food, quite fat, tables too close to each others and so noisy that this place is not inviting you to stay too long in...
2) Too much people in this Hotel, you may queue to pick up your luggages from luggages room, to check-in, to the lift stopping at all floors, to concierge informations desk...
3) Our room was not ready before 2pm, so as we arrived at 10:00am, we had to wait 4 hours...

Well that's it ! We may come back to this Hotel again, but now we are aware of what to expect and even if it did not reach our expectations, we did not pay such high price to sleep there (Total : 790£ for 4 nights)...

I will soon add some photos to show you what I'm talking about, so enjoy and maybe see you there one day.

P.S. London is a very interesting, animated, crowded and active city. There are always, everywhere and anytime people all around ! So, if you are looking for some privacy and quite, avoid London and go to Maldives instead ;-).

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room on higher floor to sleep peacefully !
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank otterboris
Wodonga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is in such a fantastic location and to be honest, for the price range I just can't fault it. I stayed for nine nights in a single room which was quite small but certainly sufficient considering I was out sightseeing from early in the morning until late most days during my stay. I asked for a room with a window overlooking the street and from the 8th floor I had quite a reasonable view. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom which was a very good size and the water pressure in the shower was great. There are wooden shutters on the windows that will keep some of the street noise out, however I prefer to wake up to natural light so I left them open. The room was cleaned each day and a new bottle of water provided. There is a vending machine on each floor (except floor 9) which has a range of items such as drinks, snacks and power adapters. The breakfast was great and well organised given the large number of guests that pass through each morning, I only had to wait on one occasion and that was for less than 5 minutes. Dinner in the restaurant was a bit pricey for what you get so I only ate here on 1 occasion and then chose to take advantage of the many food options available on the Strand. There is a bus stop at the front of the hotel and I found that I was able to catch a bus from here to many of the attractions on my itinerary, and there were a number of train stations nearby for those attractions that were a bit further away. There is a pharmacy across the road if you become unwell (I had a really bad head cold at the time so this was really handy for me) and an express supermarket if you need any grocery items. The staff were all really friendly and check in and check out was fast and efficient. There is a luggage room where you can leave your luggage for free on your day of arrival/departure. I spent 1 night in Bath during my stay and I was able to leave my luggage overnight for a small fee which was great. Overall, if you are looking for a clean, convenient and friendly hotel to stay in while travelling or on business then this is the hotel for you. I will definitely stay at the Strand Palace when I next return to London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a street view on one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Fiona H
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here after recommendations from family who stay here frequently. It couldn't have been a better location for us, it was fantastic. We walked everywhere or took short bus/subway rides. The rooms are an okay size considering the location and price. I have stayed in smaller rooms in NYC before. The beds were not that comfortable though and it was extremely loud on Saturday night. It was a warmer night and we needed the windows open, but it was way too loud. The bathrooms were a great size and very clean. The breakfasts in the morning were very good, and we got full English breakfasts. They do need a better system for sitting large amounts of people though. I would also recommend dinner at Simpson's across the street at the American Bar at the Savoy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple