“Excellent location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here in to visit family. The hotel is in an excellent central location. Well located between tube lines therefore very accessible.

For the price of the room I got more than expected. Initially greeted when entering the hotel by the doorman who was very polite and happy to help. The staff were always helpful and offered assistance if it was required. The room was very clean and just what was required for my short stay. Comfortable bed and although the room was warm there was a fan provided which was required given the weather. The bathroom was also very clean and a very good size with nice complimentary toiletries.

The view was onto other rooms but I was happy with this as it was of central location to london and to be honest when you are visiting a tidy you don't spend much time in your room. Plus an inner room meant there was little to no noise heard during the night.

I would recommend this hotel to others if you are looking for something cheap, clean,quiet,safe, with lovely staff and of central location.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,537)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ruthin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here whilst on a course for a week in June 2014.

I had heard mixed reports about the rooms, being small, too hot and uncomfortable.

The room I had was a double room - bed, desk, chair, wardrobe. Bathroom - all a good standard.
The rooms are clean and the décor is good. One thing I did miss was a comfy chair to sit and watch TV, But I wasn't in the room long enough to make it a problem.

The rooms all have a fan in them as there are very few rooms with air con. This has been a problem this summer as we have had warm weather in the UK. My room backed on to a quadrant and I was able to open my windows and also I did not suffer from street noise - its right on The Strand !

The breakfasts were busy but ample with great choice from the buffet - healthy option and the good old English breakfast

The Lounge, the bar and reception were all busy areas with comfy chairs to sit and watch the world go by

The location is VERY central with great access to so many sights in London

I enjoyed my stay - and would return to this hotel

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one backing on to a Quadrant rather than a street view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Michelle L, PA to the General Manager at Strand Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We do appreciate your comments which will be shared with our team.

I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My first visit to Strand palace, and i will certainly consider it on future trips to london.
I love the theatre, and this hotel places you within comfortable walking distance of most west end theatres.
I had a single room on this trip, which was more than adequate for my short visit.
it was well equipped, and comfortable.
They have a super lounge for a post-theatre night cap. One comment would be that they could expand the "nibbles" menu just a bit!!
check-in was simple...and check-out so simple, that it was a non-event!
IF YOU ARE VISITING LONDON, THIS IS A HOTEL TO CONSIDER!!

Room Tip: No special advice on rooms...other than to say that a single room...IS a single....not a double with...
Green Features: The hotel clearly advertised its towel re-cycling procedure.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Strand has a lobby that feels like a heavily disinfected bus terminal.... The entrance, right off the busy street, is not really glamorized by the young porters with top hats. They do try to help but it's just a bit too hectic. The check-in was ok, but again, this is a sort of frantic place. The rooms are fine, actually. Well kept and quiet, on the sixth floor interior. The maid service was thorough and the beds comfortable. We had significant internet problems, though, which was annoying to us as business travelers. Management comped us our breakfast, which was appropriate.
I don't know.... It's really just ok. The location is very good, with lots to do in the area from Covent a Garden to the west end theaters and the old city historic section. I'd really rather a bit more "style" in a London hotel.

Room Tip: Be careful with selecting rooms with limited or poor internet reception.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jeanneplavan
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.
Your comments and suggestions are important to us and are shared with our department Managers and staff on a regular basis.
All feedback assists us with our efforts to improve the consistency of Customer Service.
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nice location near Covent garden, good breakfast and friendly staff. The room was ok, but there was a lot of noice during the night. Maybe this was beacuse of the location, but if I order here some other time I will try to get another room. VERY friendly staff in the reception :-)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in June 2014. The best feature of this hotel is its location - right in the heart of the theatre district and close to lots of attractions. At approx $400 AUD per night we were disappointed to find that the hotel room had no air conditioning and was quite hot. When we raised this with the hotel they advised that only afew rooms had air con. Apart from this, we had a pleasant stay at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We do appreciate your comments regarding your recent visit which are shared with team.
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here 4th-7th of July for our 40th Wedding anniversary. Traveled by coach to
Hammersmith, caught the number 9 bus from there, stops just a short walk from the hotel (very convenient).
Check in was very welcoming and friendly. We had a room on the 9th floor which was a good size, large comfy bed, nice pillows. Good quality towels in the bathroom with fair trade toiletries all replaced daily as was the tea/coffee and biscuits. The breakfast was okay.
The hotel is a good base, close to theatres, Covent Garden and the Embankment.
A complementary bottle of prosecco and a card was placed in our room congratulating us on our anniversary from the hotel management which was very much appreciated. We had a great time and would chose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple