“Awful”

St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #623 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was there with my wife one week ago. So at the beginning we got a double executive room and we expected to have much than a standard one. But the difference were huge like first of all the room was smaller than the standard one, the bed was smaller too than too bed one by one at the standard one, the air conditioner didnt work so the stuff knew about that cos we ve found a spining ventilator on the table orientated to blow the face of who should take a sleep. The windows didnt open just 2 inches so it was no freshe air inside, and the weather was so sunny that u couldnt sleep by the night inside. Anyway we asked to change the room. they gave us a standard one, more spece, 2 rooms inside, 2 tv's and an working air conditioner. The difference was in the bathroom were there was a smaller shower and no more soaps and shampoons, only an wall recipient with a blue something u should use everywhere :). Anyway the sleeping was better there.
The restaurant was ok, for 10 pounds u could eat a variety food. Nothing bad. The awful thing was the elevators. Tehre were like 6 but almost every time they were out of order or full or sometimes the doors traped me even they just opened, or sometimes at my floor they stopeed but the doors refused to open...It was kinda imbarassing especially we got the 11 floor and not all of them were working upper than 10. The internet was just paid, even it was 1pound for 20 minutes it was difficult to find somebody who can give u an access code at 11 pm, so i used just my roaming cell data. Anyway I wont go at this hotel anymore.

Room Tip: Ask for air conditioner if u r there in summer.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DISAX
There are newer reviews for St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night as we had to visit the US Embassy in London the next day. The staff were very welcoming and helpful at check-in and considering the location we thought the hotel offered excellent value for money. Our room was small, but clean and the very small double bed was surprisingly comfortable. The location is fairly noisy, especially with the window open but with my ear plugs in my sleep was not affected at all. All in all, a good option if you just need to be central for a short period of time.

Room Tip: Our value room was very small but at the rear of the hotel. There is a bar and casino at the front o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A single tiny room without air conditioning but clean and with two teabags and two of coffee constituting the only luxury but the location is good for The British Museum. Take your own soap and shampoo and earplugs if you want to keep the window open. Wireless is incredibly expensive but a Cafe Nero is nearby on Tottenham Court Road for a free connection and good coffee.

Room Tip: Not on Tottenham Court Road side
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel was nice. The rooms were very tiny. My single room was smaller then a college dorm room. However, the location of the hotel greatly made up for the size of the room. The hotel is near soho shopping, many restaurants, the british museum is right around the corner, and transportation is within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I checked in to the hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The room was a generous size although very noisy. The air con didn't work and it was 28 degrees outside! The restaurant was nice but overpriced. When I was in bed I was awoken by a noise, I put on the light, looked beside me and there was a large black rat. I screamed and ran down to reception. I was on the sixth floor, how did a rat get up there?! They moved me to another room but refused to give me a refund initially. I felt stupid and cheap by having to beg for a refund! I got no sleep and the attitude of the staff was disgusting. I've cancelled my next two stays that I had already booked for future business trips. Will never stay agin. Absolutely vile

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Vhinksman
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just stayed for two nights in this central London hotel - very pleasantly surprised as many reviews are not particularly positive. Can honestly say that this was a super. Value for money experience. It is extremely reasonably priced - a factor that I suspect is often overlooked when posting. This is a price-friendly hotel the centre of London and within walking distance of The British Museum, Covent Garden and theatre land! On arrival we were offered executive room upgrades and the check in clerk did a good job of putting our party together in facing whilst upgrading. The upgrade included an upgrade to our breakfast which was included in the price - a decent cooked breakfast in the restaurant downstairs where the staff were really friendly and courteous - no request was too much trouble. The rooms did have air con and spacious showers etc - they were clean and comfortable - not huge but again - this is prime hotel space in a capital city! Would definitely stop again.

Room Tip: The roof top rooms seem to currently being refurbished - lot of building work going on up there but...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank b4rb1
Reviewed 4 August 2014

just a 20 min walk from euston so a great location ,easy check in with pleasant staff. the rooms are small but this is what you get in central London unless you pay silly prices .clean and comfortable what more do you need

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple