“A very comfortable stay”

St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #625 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I spent one night, and I really can't fault it. Clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. What more do you need? And considering it's location I thought very reasonably priced.
Yes the room was small, but the linen was clean and the bed was comfortable, the shower room also very clean.
I arrived 2 hours before check in time, hoping just to be able to drop my bags off before heading off to Regent and Oxford Street's for a spot of retail therapy, but was able to check in straight away, I baulked at a room on the 7th floor, I have a problem with heights, I was instantly offered a room on the first floor. Would definitely stay again.
Especially as it is so handy for the British Museum, which I didn't get chance to visit this time around.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The location is great, one small block and half to Tottenham station, the room is small, the bath has good size, the room was clean, NO free WIFI, if you want to connect must pay 10 pounds per day or 4 pounds per one hour!!! the only really bad thing is the lady at the coffee shop, she's so rude with everybody!!! that need to be changed, she's mean! the people at front desk and the concierge are very nice and willing to help every time. Is a noisy place but if you live in a big city you'll feel like home. Some rooms have AC, mine did, but my college didn't.

Room Tip: Ask for the ones with AC (not all rooms have it)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I found if hard to give a review of this hotel because there are a lot of positives but some significant negatives.

The positive is mainly the location of the hotel relative to the price. It is indeed the best you can get in London right where all the action is - we didn't have to use the underground at all because it was walking distance to everything.

The negative is that this hotel simply has too many guests relative to it's lobby and elevators. We actually had to join a line to get into the elevators at 10pm - it was disorderly and chaotic. Staying on the 11th floor also meant that on the way down we stopped at almost every single floor with people teying to get into the elevator, it was very frustrating.

Our room did not have any air conditioning and we had to use a small fan provided in the closer to circulate the air which grew stale and warm while we were out during the day.

And as has been mentioned the rooms are small. I am a small person so I am not normally bothered by a small room but it was exceptionally tiny.

I would stay at this hotel again if it were a short stay but anything longer than a couple of days and I would investigate some other options.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Myself , daughter, and granddaughter stayed the 21st aug for one night ,first impressions great ,concierge staff very smart ,reception staff not so smart,room worst that I have stayed in .i usually book holiday inn Bloomsbury in London but this is in a great spot for covent garden theatre land ect so decided on this !! Room was clean but so small ,no air cond ,window does not open but ok ,made a cup of coffee but had to wash cups first as we're sticky around the rims !! Breakfast the next morning was the worst I have ever had in a hotel and I have travelled a lot,I looked at my daughter when we walked in the restuarant if that's what it's classed as and shock horror,I thought I had gone back to school meals ,went to get a little of the hot buffet ,I just couldn't eat it it was like a camp site canteen ,we all got up and left ,frankly they need to pay me to eat there not me pay them,never in 35 years of holidays have I had such a dull breakfast room and horrible cheap food,other guests looked like they were enjoying it though for the life of me I can not see why,the week before we stayed in a disney hotel in paris and the 2 star there is superb to this hotel ,will be returning to holiday in next time ,you know it's of a good standard ,shame the st giles was a great spot ,

Room Tip: Pay the extra go to the holiday inn, I feel I have just wasted 122.00 on just a bed to sleep in
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I was reading the reviews after I booked this hotel and I was thinking, oh no!! what have I booked however when we got there the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were of a good size what u would expect for a budget hotel. The bathrooms were a bit small however very clean and presentable. Bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and tidy.
We didn't try the Resturant or bar at the hotel because there are so many lovely resturants and bars a stone throw away from the hotel.
Overall I would ignore the bad reviews and go try for yourself, you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 22 August 2014

A very nice, very well priced London hotel which is ideally situated for Oxford Street shops and many attractions. Restaurant is nice but a little cramped at breakfast-time.
Staff are most pleasant, welcoming & helpful.
Room size is typical of a not-overpriced London hotel with tea/coffee making facilities. Wife would have liked a bath rather than a just shower but I always prefer a shower!
Great to be able to pop next door to the Dominion theatre to see We Will Rock You (superb!) - now sadly come to the end of its run.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve554
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Decided to have single room ,big mistake as unable to have case open anywhere except the bed . The room is too small to swing a cat as the saying goes . Next time even if by myself will book a twin room .Bathroom is also tiny .
Apart from the size everything else was good ,- close to the west end ,room clean ( although housekeeping couldn't decide how many towels to leave each day).
Breakfast the same each day . Staff helpful

Room Tip: Spend the money on a twin share as the single unbelievably tiny
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo